Sign in to follow this  
aismanggo

2017 SEA Games Kuala Lumpur

2017 SEA Games Kuala Lumpur

about_03.png

From the Minister of Youth and Sports Malaysia and Chairman of the Malaysian SEA Games Organising Committee,YB Khairy

Jamaluddin.

After 16 years, Malaysia is once again hosting the SEA Games. Back then, we had just hosted a highly successful Commonwealth Games in 1998, and managed to become overall champion at the 2001 SEA Games.

Since then, Malaysian sports has seen its ups and downs. Despite that, it has never lost its vibrancy and excitement, especially among sports fans who always support their local sporting heroes.

The year 2017 will also mark Malaysia’s 60th year of independence - an important milestone in our young nation’s history. I am sure that on the sporting front, the 29th chapter of the SEA Games will also be a landmark occasion and a source of pride for all Malaysians in many years to come.

Most importantly, we promise to put on a good show for all the athletes, officials and most importantly, sports fans and enthusiasts like yourself.

See you in 29th Sea Games Kuala Lumpur 2017!

Official Website: http://www.seagames2017.com.my/default.asp

home_07.png

about_27.png

The theme of the Games is "Rising Together", signifying the coming of age for Southeast Asia as a community. The region has come a long way in making its mark on the global stage and this is a time for us to come together to write the next chapter in our collective journey of peace, progress, and prosperity. With Kuala Lumpur 2017 being the first SEA Games after the formation of the ASEAN Community, sports will play a big role in bringing all the citizens of Southeast Asia together in celebrating our achievements and commitment towards sportsmanship, as well as uplifting and inspiring the entire region.

The logo is based on the famous Malaysian symbol which is the Wau Bulan, a type of moon-kite synonymous with the east coast states of the country. Graceful, beautiful, powerful and rising high above, the Wau establishes itself as something that could uniquely represent the transcendent power of sports. The system of a combination of stripes and shards of colour is collated from the flags of all Southeast Asian countries to create the Kuala Lumpur 2017 identity.

about_35.png

To personify and embody the spirit of the Games, there needs to be a mascot which is memorable and eye-catching. For Kuala Lumpur 2017, our mascot is a graceful and powerful Malayan Tiger. He is gracious, friendly, competitive and athletic. Most importantly, he is a true athlete.

His name is RIMAU.

Which stands for Respect ,Integrity, Move, Attitude & Unity.

Respect

Respect your opponents , the officials and the fans. Uphold the virtues of the games.

Integrity

Honesty in respecting the code of ethics of the games and the values that embodies it.

Move

Faster , higher , stronger. Push the limit and break new barriers.

Attitude

Positivity, sportsmanship and friendship. Compete to win but win with honor.

Unity

Come together as one celebrating the true spirit of the games.

THE COMMITTEE

The Malaysian SEA Games Organising Committee (MASOC) for the Kuala Lumpur 2017 will be headed by Prime Minister, Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak, as its advisor.

Minister of Youth and Sports, YB Khairy Jamaluddin and OCM President Y.A.M Tunku Tan Sri Imran Tuanku Jaafar are the Chairman and Deputy Chairman respectively.

As the Chairman, Khairy will oversee the entire organisation of the Games. The Chief Executive Officer of the Committee is Dato’ Seri Zolkples Embong. MASOC will be supported by 14 sub-committees which were formed earlier in 2015.

http://seagames2017.com.my/v1/committee.html

HISTORY OF THE GAMES

about_15.png

Formerly known as the SEAP (South East Asian Peninsular) Games, the inaugural event was first held in 1959.

The countries which took part were Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore, South Vietnam and Laos with just 12 sports being competed.

Based on the recently-introduced system of rotation, the next host of the SEA Games in 2017 should have been Brunei with Malaysia scheduled for 2019. However, Brunei stated recently that they are not ready to host as yet for the next several editions.

And it is because of this request that the SEA GF (South East Asian Games Federation) made an offer to Malaysia on 14 July 2012 to be the hosts in 2017 to which Malaysia acquiesced.

In 2019, the biennial games will head to the Philippines and Vietnam in 2021. Cambodia will be hosts for the first time ever in 2023.

The ASEAN Para Games were first held in 2001 when Malaysia was the hosts, followed by Vietnam (2003), Philippines (2005), Thailand (2007), Laos (2009), Jakarta (2011) and then Myanmar (2013).

The hosting of this biennial championship for the physically-challenged athletes in the region is aimed at promoting friendship, the development of sports as well as integrating para-athletes into ASEAN society.

With these factors in mind, the ASEAN Paralympic Sports Federation (APSF) has made the decision tohold the ASEAN Para Games immediately after each SEA Games – in tandem with the practices of the Olympic Games and Asian Games.

Malaysia first hosted the SEA Games or SEAP Games back in 1965 and up until the Singapore edition in 2015, Malaysia had hosted for a total of five times. Malaysia was also a host in 1965, 1971, 1977, 1989 and 2001.

The last time Malaysia played host to the SEA Games was back in 2001 when they emerged as overall champions with 111 gold medals, to be followed by Thailand (103) and Indonesia (72).

After 16 years, Malaysia will once again play host to the biggest multi-sports event of Southeast Asia, equalling Thailand’s record for hosting a total of six SEA Games.

Bukit Jalil National Stadium New Look for Sea Games 2017!

22895492622_9a3ffb6157_b.jpg

22286192324_ca974b2dfb_b.jpg

22490617978_41543d5029_b.jpg

KL Sports City will inspire and support generations of Malaysian sporting success. A world-class integrated sports city it will be accessible by athlete, club and community participants 24 hours a day. With the upgraded and modernised Bukit Jalil National Stadium complex at its heart, KL Sports City will place sports, recreation and healthy living at the centre of national, family and youth life.

A truly multi-use location, KL Sports City will offer state-of-the-art sports training and rehabilitation facilities, pitches and courts for playing on and having fun, convention and exhibition centers, sports museum and libraries, and youth hostels and outdoor entertainment centers. There will also be meticulously planned commercial, retail and residential areas ensuring that KL Sports City offers a sustainable, long-term legacy and will encourage community participation 12 months of the year.

For more information on KL Sports City, please call 03-2859 7014 / 2859 7065 / 2859 3696

1znuadg_zpsjzeax60y.jpg

Oh my... Asiad 2018 looks so cheap compared to this strong plan from Malaysia here.. the fact that our plans for Asiad is so minimum and less-serious so far is really awful for me..

Very good news for a small regional competition. It seems Singapore 2015 really set the bar high organization wise on this event. Then again is the biggest sport event they do since the 1998 CWG so I guess they want to make it big

*good venues

So they're going to install a retractable roof to the National Stadium. I wonder if this is related with the ceremonies. Kind of reminds me now of the Warsaw stadium.

Why don't they go for the 2018/9/whenever Asian Games? Surely it'd be easier for Malaysia with all that already there than Indonesia needing to build everything :unsure:

• Like 1

Why don't they go for the 2018/9/whenever Asian Games? Surely it'd be easier for Malaysia with all that already there than Indonesia needing to build everything :unsure:

So true!! Our plans for the Asiad is so minimum compared to this giant project and maybe Malaysia can host 2026/27 Asiad instead..

Oh my... Asiad 2018 looks so cheap compared to this strong plan from Malaysia here.. the fact that our plans for Asiad is so minimum and less-serious so far is really awful for me..

We hope INASGOC will modify the logo and launch a better logo design.

We hope INASGOC will modify the logo and launch a better logo design.02

My fellow concerned Indonesians are planning to have a online petition to change the logo soon...

I'll post the link in the Asiad 2018 thread if I found it soon..

But however this is actually more than just the logo..

For example Malaysians are going to give the Bukit Jalil Stadium a new look although that stadium was first build for CWG 1998 and that just 17 years ago while our Gelora Bung Karno Stadium was first build for Asiad 1964 and that's 51 years ago!!

Even the Former Singapore National Stadium is younger than our stadium!!!

That's why I'm confused what's wrong with our preparation for Asiad 2018 which is our biggest multi sporting event since Asiad 1964 but yeah...

Let's hope for a change really soon..

Thanks for your support..

My fellow concerned Indonesians are planning to have a online petition to change the logo soon...

I'll post the link in the Asiad 2018 thread if I found it soon..

But however this is actually more than just the logo..

For example Malaysians are going to give the Bukit Jalil Stadium a new look although that stadium was first build for CWG 1998 and that just 17 years ago while our Gelora Bung Karno Stadium was first build for Asiad 1964 and that's 51 years ago!!

Even the Former Singapore National Stadium is younger than our stadium!!!

That's why I'm confused what's wrong with our preparation for Asiad 2018 which is our biggest multi sporting event since Asiad 1964 but yeah...

Let's hope for a change really soon..

Thanks for your support..

Although the logo is not that good, I'm actually fine with that.

What I'm concerned is the organization, our government seems half-hearted in bidding for the Games.. Government spending for sport is extremely low and I don't think there will be significant additional funding for the Games.

I'm afraid that there will be flag and/or national anthem error during awarding ceremony (I'm trying to be part of the Games' volunteer or staff btw)

plus I'm afraid that the venues lack other facilities, or maybe the equipment broken in the middle of the events (hopefully it won't happen in front of Mr. Bach).

Although the logo is not that good, I'm actually fine with that.

What I'm concerned is the organization, our government seems half-hearted in bidding for the Games.. Government spending for sport is extremely low and I don't think there will be significant additional funding for the Games.

I'm afraid that there will be flag and/or national anthem error during awarding ceremony (I'm trying to be part of the Games' volunteer or staff btw)

plus I'm afraid that the venues lack other facilities, or maybe the equipment broken in the middle of the events (hopefully it won't happen in front of Mr. Bach).

If our Government is half-hearted for the Asiad then why bother bidding for it...

And besides Asiad is not the kind of the event our people interested with.. Unlike for example hosting the MotoGP in Sentul which what the general public desires and the Government is also agree too make it happen..

As i previously stated since last year if we want to host some sort of quick and cheap sports related event then we should host the IOC Session instead with Singapore (2005) and Malaysia (KL 2015) already show how us to do it.. Meanwhlie concerning about how we prepare for the games we got to admit the progress is so slow-mo right now i don't even understand what's the full plan we have for Asiad 2018 and our venue renovations is so minimum and even with that our venues still looks old.. So i hope there's a change soon..

And lastly regarding the ceremonies i'm confident we will not fooling ourselves in the ceremonies since the ceremonies will be our show-off event i'm sure everyone will do the best to atleast having no major mistake in the ceremonies.

And oh yeah... Good LUCK in your try to become Asiad 2018's Staff/Volunteer.. Make sure you do the best to get the job!! :D

• Like 1

If our Government is half-hearted for the Asiad then why bother bidding for it...

And besides Asiad is not the kind of the event our people interested with.. Unlike for example hosting the MotoGP in Sentul which what the general public desires and the Government is also agree too make it happen..

As i previously stated since last year if we want to host some sort of quick and cheap sports related event then we should host the IOC Session instead with Singapore (2005) and Malaysia (KL 2015) already show how us to do it.. Meanwhlie concerning about how we prepare for the games we got to admit the progress is so slow-mo right now i don't even understand what's the full plan we have for Asiad 2018 and our venue renovations is so minimum and even with that our venues still looks old.. So i hope there's a change soon..

And lastly regarding the ceremonies i'm confident we will not fooling ourselves in the ceremonies since the ceremonies will be our show-off event i'm sure everyone will do the best to atleast having no major mistake in the ceremonies.

And oh yeah... Good LUCK in your try to become Asiad 2018's Staff/Volunteer.. Make sure you do the best to get the job!! :D

Venue preparation is slow, yes that's correct. And I even have no idea with venue plan. While modern and planned venues are trapped in scandals (BMW Stadium in Jakarta and Gedebage Stadium in Bandung >> Bandung was finally stripped from the plan), we have to rely with the existing venues. Palembang is preparation is good but in Jakarta I can barely see any big improvements... By the way, thanks for the best wishes.. They even haven't officially decide the volunteer recruitment system

Venue preparation is slow, yes that's correct. And I even have no idea with venue plan. While modern and planned venues are trapped in scandals (BMW Stadium in Jakarta and Gedebage Stadium in Bandung >> Bandung was finally stripped from the plan), we have to rely with the existing venues. Palembang is preparation is good but in Jakarta I can barely see any big improvements... By the way, thanks for the best wishes.. They even haven't officially decide the volunteer recruitment system

We could say the progress is very slow. after the soft launching of the logo, there is no more update regarding Asian Games. Even I could not find the official website.

If you have any news about the volunteers recruitment, please let us know.

Anyway anyone has tried to register as volunteer for SEA Games 2017? I tried to register thru their website but I could not proceed further as I could not key in my passport number in the NRIC field.