Sign in to follow this  
gamessora

Link to pictograms for 2020 Tokyo Olympic individual sports?

Can anyone post a link to the individual sport pictograms for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics? I saw a news report on NHK World (an English language Japanese channel) about the pictograms but haven't been able to find any graphics of the pictograms online. I believe the 2020 pictograms were all black brush strokes.

They aren't out yet. If they haven't settle on a logo, how can they go on to Pictograms, the Look of the Games, etc.??

Those'll probably get released like 2 years before the Games. So , just hold on to your hat.

They aren't out yet. If they haven't settle on a logo, how can they go on to Pictograms, the Look of the Games, etc.??

Those'll probably get released like 2 years before the Games. So , just hold on to your hat.

There was a news story on the pictograms for the 2020 games on NHK channel. I definitely remember seeing the pictograms. Perhaps the pictograms were for the paraolympics? There was quite a lot of pomp at the unveiling ceremony for the pictograms.

There were a kind of pictograms on the bridges from the terminal to planes at Haneda, but those are not official to Tokyo 2020.

There was a news story on the pictograms for the 2020 games on NHK channel. I definitely remember seeing the pictograms. Perhaps the pictograms were for the paraolympics? There was quite a lot of pomp at the unveiling ceremony for the pictograms.

I think the ones you saw were part of Sano's scrapped design. Thus making the pictograms also scrapped, since they're suppose to go with the logo.

I think the ones you saw were part of Sano's scrapped design. Thus making the pictograms also scrapped, since they're suppose to go with the logo.

Would you have a link to the scrapped pictograms by Sano?

I think this is right- they were complex and rather beautiful. Unlike the logo....

I believe I saw a video shot of the pictograms hanging in a airport hangar. If they were not official to 2020, then would they still have been done by Sano?

I believe I saw a video shot of the pictograms hanging in a airport hangar. If they were not official to 2020, then would they still have been done by Sano?

I found a reference to the pictograms on another thread in this site. Message #467 mentions the pictograms with brush strokes. Unfortunately the NHK video seems to be down. The pictograms had the retracted logo, so the pictograms are gone. They were beautiful pictograms.

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/24984-tokyo-2020-official-logo/page-47

The pictograms had the retracted logo, so the pictograms are gone. They were beautiful pictograms.

I believe you can always see them if only you could go to domestic terminals of Haneda airport.

And here's one more link;

http://cyclestyle.net/article/img/2015/08/26/26874/105968.html

Sorry the site is in Japanese but you can look at them in larger size.Just click each picture.

I think this is all I can do for you. ;)

/\/\ They're overly elaborate. Not at all clean, sleek or streamlined...which is all you need to indicate that that's the way to the Boxing venue or the Velodrome. It's NOT like it has to be a work of art where people will stop and oooh-and-aaah about an exceptional piece of art. That's NOT the point of pictograms.

I mean, where is Japan/Tokyo 2020 going with their designs?????????????????????????? ? :blink:

/\/\ They're overly elaborate. Not at all clean, sleek or streamlined...which is all you need to indicate that that's the way to the Boxing venue or the Velodrome. It's NOT like it has to be a work of art where people will stop and oooh-and-aaah about an exceptional piece of art. That's NOT the point of pictograms.

I mean, where is Japan/Tokyo 2020 going with their designs?????????????????????????? ? :blink:

I 100% agree with you. They abandon every rule relating to logo design and you can't even tell that these are part of tokyos design culture, aswell as being so drastically different to the logo itself.

hs_01.jpg

they are kinda neat like Japanese ink paintings style.

Edited by paul