European Games Logo Comp Voting - Round One

European Games Logo Comp Round One  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which logos should progress to the next round of the European Games Logo Competition?

Eurologos1.jpg

Eurologos2.jpg

Okay, voting has started. Sort of. I'll hand over to Yoshi to explain the rules of this round. Good luck everyone!

So that's Rols out, and heeeeeeeeeere's Yoshi!

Yoshi: Hello! Thanks for the intro Rols, & for getting this up. So after getting much fewer logos than I expected given wide choice & how long it's been since January's logo comp, this'll be simple after all. Here goes:

You can vote for up to THREE logos in this stage.
You have until SUNDAY AT 12PM UK to vote.
The top 3 logos at the end will progress to the final stages, which will be run under IOC rules.
That's it I guess, good luck, happy voting, & may the best logo win! :)

Hello! Thanks for the intro Rols, & for getting this up. So after getting much fewer logos than I expected given wide choice & how long it's been since January's logo comp, this'll be simple after all. Here goes:

The top 3 logos at the end will progress to the final stages, which will be run under IOC rules.

PS: Is there any way to reposition this so it's immediately below Rols' post?

Hello! Thanks for the intro Rols, & for getting this up. So after getting much fewer logos than I expected given wide choice & how long it's been since January's logo comp, this'll be simple after all. Here goes:

PS: Is there any way to reposition this so it's immediately below Rols' post?

Wait... can the competitors vote?

Hello! Thanks for the intro Rols, & for getting this up. So after getting much fewer logos than I expected given wide choice & how long it's been since January's logo comp, this'll be simple after all.

lol i love your naive optimism and youthful spirit and i'm glad we could help crush it.

P.S. F, G, I

Why is it only the top three logos? Typically in these contests the logos are cut in half each round so in this case the top five logos could make the next round then it be cut to the top three and then ultimately the winner.

Why is it only the top three logos? Typically in these contests the logos are cut in half each round so in this case the top five logos could make the next round then it be cut to the top three and then ultimately the winner.

But remember, we're an Olympics board, so usually tend to favour copying IOC procedures - rounds of voting with the last placer eliminated each time till someone has an absolute 50% + majority. You should see how the Eurovision sites organise their votes! :blink:

I tend to find the top 3 are usually pretty clear by the time we've had a short list vote. A top 5 usually just prolongs the inevitable, and I was glad to see Yoshi give a top 3 final a try to see how it works. Still more choice than the IOC had in Kuala Lumpur! :P

Ok, I have now voted (completely blind to results - so it's all fair) & the voting is now CLOSED. There will be a 3-logo next phase, & the scoreboard is:

I - 12

F - 9

K - 9

-------------------

H - 7

A - 6

E - 6

B - 5

J - 5

C - 3

D - 3

G - 3

So logos F, I, & K will progress to the next round, which will be run on IOC procedures, & start when Rols can get the poll up. Congratulations to the 3 finalists & thank you to all voters :)

Archived