The first race has been run earlier today, and fast on the heels of Beijing's victory for 2022 only 2 weeks ago, it seems the organization for these 2015 IAAF World Championships is collapsing!!

Watch the video and the marathon runners are all confused. Plus, there isn't even a single yellow or orange line that major marathons paint on the track of the route.

Did the IOC make a mistake two weeks ago?? It looks like it!!

...just saw the beginning and end and it looked pretty spectacular......the stadium looks awesome inside....reminds me of those great games in 2008. Interesting they are still using the olympic graphics in the stadium. But at the end the commenter was saying things were not properly explained so yea there was some sort of confusion. Anyway.....these days it isn't about athletes but more about cities strutting around trying to show how developed or powerful they are....the athletes are just necessary props to get the full look of an event.

It'll be fun to see a winter spectacle in Beijing......especially can't wait to see how they build winter and all the alpine stuff...it's gotta be just like another Sochi which was hilarious to watch. Just hope they don't invade anyone after.

I watched the marathon on TV, and I found the lack of volunteers on the course and at the finish line especially very weird.

The winner ran in, and there was no one there to guide him in the right direction, no plastic bollards to show the way, no tape across the finish line to show he had won,. No medical staff at the finish, no one with flowers, towels, drinks....... very strange. It is not like China is short of people!

I watched the marathon on TV, and I found the lack of volunteers on the course and at the finish line especially very weird.

The winner ran in, and there was no one there to guide him in the right direction, no plastic bollards to show the way, no tape across the finish line to show he had won,. No medical staff at the finish, no one with flowers, towels, drinks....... very strange. It is not like China is short of people!

But they are short on humanity! They really are a soulless bunch!

That's exactly what I noticed.

Nope, none at all. Prejudice maybe, but not racist seeing as how I'm not bundling up every single Asian on earth in that statement.

No but you just swiped 1+billion people into one basket. Says more about your own lack of intelligence than anything else

Women's 100m Final -

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce took Gold with a time of 10.76 which I believe is 0.06 shy of the Championship Record and 0.02 shy of the World Lead set by Fraser-Pryce herself at the Diamond League in Paris.

Holland's Dafne Schippers took Silver with a time of 10.81, breaking the Dutch National Record by 0.02.

Tori Bowie of the USA claimed Bronze with a time of 10.86.

I was really impressed with Dafne Schippers who broke the Dutch National Record twice. She really began closing in on Fraser-Pryce at the end but Shelly had the advantage and took Gold.

I was hoping for Michelle Lee-Ahye of Trinidad to take home a Medal but she wounded up 5th behind Veronica Campbell-Brown. I was really disappointed with Blessing Okagbare of Nigeria who clocked 10.89 in the Semis but finished 8th in the Finals with 11.01. Was really hoping she medalled if not Ahye...