The GOP Debate

So it was a busy day in TV for me yesterday (yeah it's 3ish AM where I'm at but it's a new day for most of you currently awake). Jon Stewart aired his final episode of The Daily Show which I'll miss, Clay the A&M douchebag was voted out of the house in Big Brother US, and the Republican Presidential Candidate Debates happened as well which were hilarious!

Anyone here watch them? You have any favorite quotes or moments from either of the two debates? I can't get over Mike Huckabee's response to a question on transgender in the military: "The military is not a place for social experiment. The military is there to kill people and break things." Honestly if the Republicans had any brains, they would have George Kasich be the Republican nomination and have Carly Fiorina as his running mate. They were the least bats**t crazy out of all 17. But thankfully the Democrats don't have to worry about that.

Oh and if some of y'all have no clue what I'm talking about, it's worth checking out on YouTube!

Oh sorry that's John Kasich, not George Kasich.

I only watched like the first hour-- then had to go to INSPECTOR LEWIS. But I was really impressed by the statesmanship of Ben Carson and I like the fire in the belly of Trump. At this stage, I'd go for a Trump-Carson...or I guess Carly Fiorina did a good job too, so maybe they'll put up a Trump-Fiorina ticket. All of them made good points in the hour that I watched. But we'll see, my picks may change over the coming days.

:blink: Watched some of it...Trump really dosen't have any firm substance to go with all the retoric.

Come back in the new year and then we'll see what's left after the minor dreamers drop away.

This gif has been circling around ever since yesterday afternoon. It's old, from Rick Santorum's failed bid to capture the Republican nomination for the 2012 election, but still hilarious and effective.

a554f.gif

And Trump and Carson??? LMAO.

Look I find Trump hideously amusing, but in reality you have to be all sorts of f**ked up to consider him a good contender for the presidential race, as well as Ben Carson. His type of radical rhetoric didn't fly over too well in 2012, and it won't work this time again.

And while I know people are tired of "career politicians," it isn't a good idea to write off politicians altogether out of the race. You still need to understand exactly how our government system and our foreign policies work, and neither Trump or Carson understand that as shown last night. All they had was empty rhetoric. I sure as hell would not want either of those two with access to our military power.

This gif has been circling around ever since yesterday afternoon. It's old, from Rick Santorum's failed bid to capture the Republican nomination for the 2012 election, but still hilarious and effective.

a554f.gif

And Trump and Carson??? LMAO.

Look I find Trump hideously amusing, but in reality you have to be all sorts of f**ked up to consider him a good contender for the presidential race, as well as Ben Carson. His type of radical rhetoric didn't fly over too well in 2012, and it won't work this time again.

And while I know people are tired of "career politicians," it isn't a good idea to write off politicians altogether out of the race. You still need to understand exactly how our government system and our foreign policies work, and neither Trump or Carson understand that as shown last night. All they had was empty rhetoric. I sure as hell would not want either of those two with access to our military power.

And you thought Trump and Carson were clowns; but the first meme you post is that of Rick Santorum?? Maybe POTus calling Kettle jerk?? :rolleyes:

But as I said, it's still way too early -- and with 10 talking heads there, each one only gets 1 minute soundbytes. It should really be interesting when, like an Olympic bidding race, it'll be down to 4. But the hosts (of the 1st hour that I watched), I'd say conducted a pretty good, lively and entertaining debate. Maybe I'll watch the earlier debate today...if I have time.

And you thought Trump and Carson were clowns; but the first meme you post is that of Rick Santorum?? Maybe POTus calling Kettle jerk?? :rolleyes:

Never said Rick Santorum wasn't a clown. Although I thought he would have softened up on his insane rhetoric, similar to the difference in Romney from 2008 to 2012, but last night certainly proved nothing has changed.

And one of the benefits that Ben Carson has that neither of them do is a lack of political career and that he's relatively unknown, but that's one of his major downfalls as noted with Herman Cain for the 2012 presidential race. If he picks up steam, you can guarantee we'll hear some scandalous things about him, especially since he was a doctor/neurosurgeon. There's bound to be a juicy scandal hiding there somewhere.

Archived