Beijing steals Let it go from frozen

Headline kind of says it all but "The country has come under fire for allegedly using the exact same tune from a hit Disney movie for its own Olympic song. Beijing put forward “The Snow and Ice Dance” as one of 10 official songs submitted to the International Olympic Committee as part of its application to host the major sporting event in seven years. The only problem is, it sounds almost identical to the song “Let it Go” used in the 2013 animated film Frozen."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/48EojfCjQhk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/moSFlvxnbgk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaking-news/china-are-being-accused-of-stealing-their-winter-olympics-song-from-a-disney-movie/story-fnect155-1227470172378

Those stupid links were meant to be the video links but just click the article.

It was so obvious Beijing was going to be chosen to host it. Well done IOC on making the right choice in a bad situation. London 2012 - Sochi 2014 - Rio De Janeiro 2016 - Pyeongchang 2018 - Tokyo 2020 - Beijing 2022.

It was so obvious Beijing was going to be chosen to host it. Well done IOC on making the right choice in a bad situation. London 2012 - Sochi 2014 - Rio De Janeiro 2016 - Pyeongchang 2018 - Tokyo 2020 - Beijing 2022.

44 votes for Beijing. 40 for Almaty. It was that close. Not a landslide whatsoever

By the looks of it you're saying that London 2012 was a bad situation. I agree... ;)

44 votes for Beijing. 40 for Almaty. It was that close. Not a landslide whatsoever

A win is a win. Beijing had the better bid and they won.

By the looks of it you're saying that London 2012 was a bad situation. I agree... ;)

London 2012 was a very successful good situation. That's what I was saying.

A win is a win. Beijing had the better bid and they won.

Yes they did win. But you said it would so obvious that would be the outcome. 40 out of 84 voters disagree with you. Almaty was bound to get some votes, but that's a lot more than if it was an "obvious" outcome. A few of those voters feel differently on the day of the decision and we're talking about the 2022 Almaty Olympics. The margin of victory was that close, not unlike London vs. Paris for 2012. History shouldn't forget how close Paris was to being chosen simply because London was the winner.

Yes they did win. But you said it would so obvious that would be the outcome. 40 out of 84 voters disagree with you. Almaty was bound to get some votes, but that's a lot more than if it was an "obvious" outcome. A few of those voters feel differently on the day of the decision and we're talking about the 2022 Almaty Olympics. The margin of victory was that close, not unlike London vs. Paris for 2012. History shouldn't forget how close Paris was to being chosen simply because London was the winner.

It doesn't matter if they won by 20 points or 4 points, London still beat Paris, Beijing still beat Almaty. I knew London would win, I knew Beijing would win. Close isn't good enough in the Olympics.

It doesn't matter if they won by 20 points or 4 points, London still beat Paris, Beijing still beat Almaty. I knew London would win, I knew Beijing would win. Close isn't good enough in the Olympics.

Lol at all the people who thought this twat would ever change!

A win is a win, yes, but you DON'T study the voting results, do you?

There were like 15 IOC members not present. What if they were present, or if the IOC allowed absentee voting? The results might've been completely different -- and yes, Almaty might've won by ONE vote -- or worse, if there was a tie, blockhead Bach would've been forced to choose.

Don't be so simplistic. If you want to hang around this Olympic-bidding-handicapping business,as you seem to do, you STUDY the votes and analyze the results objectively, It's not, OK Timbuktu won by one VOTE; discussion over, and shutting it down, Tony. Duh. This little exchange just shows how FAR you have to go in making it to be a regular here and be treated with equal respect.

Lol at all the people who thought this twat would ever change!

You can't just go around name calling just because you disagree with things. Grow up. I'm not here to argue.

A win is a win, yes, but you DON'T study the voting results, do you?

There were like 15 IOC members not present. What if they were present, or if the IOC allowed absentee voting? The results might've been completely different -- and yes, Almaty might've won by ONE vote -- or worse, if there was a tie, blockhead Bach would've been forced to choose.

Don't be so simplistic. If you want to hang around this Olympic-bidding-handicapping business,as you seem to do, you STUDY the votes and analyze the results objectively, It's not, OK Timbuktu won by one VOTE; discussion over, and shutting it down, Tony. Duh. This little exchange just shows how FAR you have to go in making it to be a regular here and be treated with equal respect.

I do study the voting results. My point is, in the Olympics, a win is a win. You can't live with what if's, it's what happened. There were a certain amount of voters, London won. Simple. You can't live on what if's.

Archived