Sign in to follow this  
barrack

Non-Olympics logos that would otherwise make great Olympic emblems.

Have you ever come across the logo of a company, organization, or office that made you think, "Heh, that would make a great Olympic logo"?

For those who have participated in the logo design comps, what about those logos that have inspired you?

This post was inspired by drawing the similarity of the Tokyo 2020 emblem with the Théâtre de Liège logo.

Share those designs that you've come across and tell us why you think they'd make a good games logo for any particular city or time.

• Like 2

Here's one that I felt had an Olympic feel to it. It actually served as my inspiration for my design for the Tokyo 2020 logo competition. I liked the geometry, symmetry and colors.

hrslogo.gif

Here's one that I felt had an Olympic feel to it. It actually served as my inspiration for my design for the Tokyo 2020 logo competition. I liked the geometry, symmetry and colors.

hrslogo.gif

Instantly reminded me of the biohazard logo.

Kelowna's looks great! What host city do you think it'd apply to?

Instantly reminded me of the biohazard logo.

I cannot unsee that. lol. Thanks.

Just change it to Olympic colours, maybe with smaller dots

SB7maqi.jpg

What host city would you think this most appropriate?

What host city would you think this most appropriate?

Tokyo! The Japanese flag, and the land of the rising sun thing. Plus they look like fireworks, and Asia loves their fireworks!

04.jpg

I don't see how that works as a Paralympic logo. It doesn't say anything to me that it's for Handicapped competition. (Sorry for this late comment but as I said in its initial appearance w/ the Oly logo, I just completely ignored it. But take away the Oly logo, and the dumb thing doesn't mean anything.)

This post was inspired by drawing the similarity of the Tokyo 2020 emblem with the Théâtre de Liège logo.

Nobody would look at the Théâtre de Liège logo and say "Hey, that would make a pretty good Olympic emblem".

I don't see how that works as a Paralympic logo. It doesn't say anything to me that it's for Handicapped competition. (Sorry for this late comment but as I said in its initial appearance w/ the Oly logo, I just completely ignored it. But take away the Oly logo, and the dumb thing doesn't mean anything.)

Baron being blatantly offensive, never would of thought it!

I'm surprised that the IOC hasn't yet taken action against that furniture company.

Shining Batu looks great!

Is Shining Batu a brand of feminine hygiene product?

I'm surprised that the IOC hasn't yet taken action against that furniture company.

Shining Batu looks great!

Is Shining Batu a brand of feminine hygiene product?

The Olympic furniture logo is reserved so I'm not sure how IOC could take action against that logo and Shining Batu is actually a tourism campaign for Batu city which is nearby my hometown...