128th IOC Session Olympic Bid Live Chat - Discuss 2020 YOG and 2022 Olympic Games Bid presentations here

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I told myself I wouldn't give a sh!t who won. But I realised pretty quickly after I read the announcement that while I would have accepted Almaty, I was totally disgusted by the Beijing choice. I hone

Yeah it's not a surprise. Just very sad that the IOC is rewarding a nation that lied about their 2008 legacies, poison the environment, abuse and persecute innocent people, have venues from 2008 wasti

Beijing: entitled Almaty: aspirant Beijing: we speak Chinese Almaty: we speak English, sort of. But we make an effort Beijing: Our grande fromage is too busy to come, but he sends you the followin

The point they're making that choosing Kazakhstan will show other less developed countries that they are able to run against much more developed countries and win may bode over well with the IOC...

Yet people like you are always quick to point out Rio's struggles with 2016, & how that doesn't "bode over well with the IOC" in picking another less developed country for another Olympics, particularly when it comes to discussions about South Africa around here. Sound like complete double standards to me. Can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

They answered the question very properly, saying that they are 4 venues under construction or proposed at the moment, with two of the four more than halfway built for the 2017 Universiade. None of the weird "I saw a buy with a soccer ball" stuff that Abe talked about back in 2013...

Yet people like you are always quick to point out Rio's struggles with 2016, & how that doesn't "bode over well with the IOC" in picking another less developed country for another Olympics, particularly when it comes to discussions about South Africa around here. Sound like complete double standards to me. Can't have it both ways.

I've never said anything like that before...