Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

128th IOC Session Olympic Bid Live Chat - Discuss 2020 YOG and 2022 Olympic Games Bid presentations here

When they said they wouldn't effect mountain ecosystems it almost seems like a jab at Pyeongchang. I suppose it's a concern that the IOC may have.

Denis' presentation hits that emotional area like Mami Sato did in 2013. I wonder if Tokyo gave them advice...

Denis' presentation hits that emotional area like Mami Sato did in 2013. I wonder if Tokyo gave them advice...

Tokyo would love to put Beijing down, as far as rivalries go, right?

But man, this is apple is so full of poison... I'm lovin' it.

I never thought about it, but I think that Almaty's applicant city bid might help them against Beijing who are going for their first time.

Best for last, the Rock Star Prime Minister!

Almaty Mayor Akhmetzhan Yessimov. "In Lausanne I told you the good news that I was the last speaker. Today, I am not, but the good news is we have saved the best until last and the Prime Minister will follow me."

They are addressing the issues against them, like risk, so that's good on them.

Denis Ten was charming. The woman who spoke French did well and with a charming accent. They are throwing some serious shade--with a fair bit of élan. Not positioning their bid as inevitably successful...more lining it up as the better choice based on sport, climate, sustainability and risk.

Just admitted to WTO last week...well that was well timed!

They'll change the name of Almaty to Real so the games will be hosted in Real 2022.

• Like 2

They're even talking up Beijing! Did not expect that!

Also this "We are a Golden Opportunity" part reminds me of Takeda's "Boat for Tokyo".

We have heard if you don't pick Almaty, the IOC can sleep well over next seven years. When have you ever slept well? When have you ever rested on your accomplishments? It was the IOC who took the Games to Tokyo 20 years after World War Two, to Moscow during the Cold War.

I think Almaty absolutely nailed the presentation. Did not expect them to do so well. They highlighted their strengths and Beijing's weaknesses very well.

• Like 1

Loved the last video.

Prince Albert II, with his traditional question.

Denis Ten was a very good ambassor in my honest opinion. Also their presentation was honest and simple. People who thought Beijing would win this easily will have to think over again.