Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

128th IOC Session Olympic Bid Live Chat - Discuss 2020 YOG and 2022 Olympic Games Bid presentations here

Watch it be a tied vote and Bach be forced to break it! LOL

thats what I'm thinking...but they are doing written ballot...LOL

Should be 5:30 AM EST or in about an hour and 10 minutes

It said 5:30 we could know the 2020 YOG host city, and 5:45 we will know the 2022 WOG.

Woah, reading through this is making me wish I'd watched the presentations - seems like a two-horse race makes diplomacy fly out the door :lol:

Is it really gonna be a paper-ballot vote? Why?

Woah, reading through this is making me wish I'd watched the presentations - seems like a two-horse race makes diplomacy fly out the door :lol:

Is it really gonna be a paper-ballot vote? Why?

Some sort of electrical interference with the tablets was picked up by the vote scrutineers. Perhaps votes submitted with no choice recorded or something? Who knows.

Some sort of electrical interference with the tablets was picked up by the vote scrutineers. Perhaps votes submitted with no choice recorded or something? Who knows.

Or it tied and they didn't want to admit it.

Now it's downright hilarious.

As I said previously, the city host will be horrible but this ceremony belongs to one of the most memorable crazy bizarre sessions to be remember in the future.

How do they actually communicate a tie? Do they annouce it, thus making it obvious that the decision is made by the president? Or do they try & have the president vote without anyone seeing, or what?

30 minutes till hell ends.

How do they actually communicate a tie? Do they annouce it, thus making it obvious that the decision is made by the president? Or do they try & have the president vote without anyone seeing, or what?

I though the President voted at the start of each session and gave his tablet back with the instructions to count his vote if necessary.

Or it tied and they didn't want to admit it.

You might be on to something. They did say there would be a second ballot in the case of a tie in the first round.

30 minutes till hell ends.

I though the President voted at the start of each session and gave his tablet back with the instructions to count his vote if necessary.

No he does not vote. Period.

It has become something of a tradition at these set-piece IOC announcements for Britain's Jonathan Edwards to host the show

God, I hate him. Sounds so pretentious.

I would be so annoyed if the Communists - I mean Beijing - won this one.

Are they running late or is only my livestream not working yet? ;)

Oh, German news channel n-tv already shows the live broadcast from Kuala Lumpur. So apparently my livestream is f*cked up.

UPDATE: I could now open the livestream after I chose the "floor" option.

BBC World just cut in for the announcement...and then cut out because of the fussing about. :)