128th IOC Session Olympic Bid Live Chat - Discuss 2020 YOG and 2022 Olympic Games Bid presentations here

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god, that "question" Cinquanta asked the Lausane bid... what a pompous a-hole.

I thought the exact same thing. The only rationale I can possibly come up with for a question like that is that Cinquanta thinks small countries are incapable of hosting successful events. The question was very loaded and arrogant, in my opinion.

I thought the exact same thing. The only rationale I can possibly come up with for a question like that is that Cinquanta thinks small countries are incapable of hosting successful events. The question was very loaded and arrogant, in my opinion.

Correction: . . . large successful events . . . .

They've always been very honest about those kind of things

The point they're making that choosing Kazakhstan will show other less developed countries that they are able to run against much more developed countries and win may bode over well with the IOC...

Also they are obviously jumping all over Beijing which is hilarious

Almaty already has my sympathy for being blatantly honest with their bid and teasing Beijing. Too bad they're also ruled by a regime with a bad human rights reputation but eh thats beyond the point now.

The map with the giant dot is making a comeback!

Loving how aggressive Almaty is being.

Hey guys: do you think Almaty has snow? I'm not sure about that.

Archived