128th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur

Here's a little look into the IOC session. The IOC stated that the general concept of the Session room and the Presentation room will remain the same for all Sessions, meaning that the Session room will continue to retain the circular design shown below, and the Presentation room will always put the cities bidding at center stage. Can't wait to see it in action!

hxlALSL.jpg

http://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-reveals-new-look-session-and-presentation-rooms/246630

No tables for the Session room? They need tables for their papers, iPads, drinks, the VOTING gizmos, etc. Or are they only raising their hands this time?? :blink: I think that's the Presentation room.

The other pic must be the voting room.

Let's face it, even Krakow or Reno would've been given this on a silver platter over the two big smelly turds that are left.

Your words are also like big smelly turds. It is not fair for the two teams hard work although u r nobody. <_<

My thoughts, as well. I'm glad I'm not an IOC member because I would probably abstain if I had a vote.

Thank god y r not.. :rolleyes:

The actual IOC session starts at 9am locally, which is in about 14 hours. Over the course of the next few days we will see progress reports from Tokyo, Pyeongchang, Buenos Aires, Rio, and Lillehammer.

Might we see a glimpse of the venue design for Tokyo 2020? Perhaps, but surely not the velodrome! :lol:

Took a shower and missed most of Rio and part of PC, but the main idea is that they're both doing well. Rio drove home the point that the water is being cleaned, and PC seemed pretty docile when it came to preparations. Going as normal, I assume.

Few notes from Tokyo 2020 report:

1- Coates states that since the Belgian only has intellectual properties and not copyright registers for the design, Tokyo 2020 is in the right to keep using the logo, as is the IOC. If he went to court now, I think he would be embarrassing himself, especially compared to the humble Spaniards dragged in who said they would be honored to have been an inspiration for the logo.

2- Bach clearly states twice that the cost rises that caused the change of 10 IF venues and the National Stadium were not due to the Olympics, but general rise in costs due to greater costs for raw materials and sparse labor that is being focused on the Touhoku Region.

3- The new sports' IFs will be interviewed later next week by TOCOG, who will send their recommendations on which IFs should be accepted to the IOC exec. board, who will re-recommend to the Session as a whole in Rio, where they will vote on inclusion. The sports will be added upon existing core sports, so there is no worry that other sports will lose athlete spots nor lose their place all together.

KL have had the ambition to bid for the Asian Games, or even the Olympic Games before.

But now it all gone. In recent years Malaysia has ran into political and financial troubles and would hardly be able to host any big sport games in short future.

It was my favorite candidate for the Asian Games before. :(

1- Coates states that since the Belgian only has intellectual properties and not copyright registers for the design, Tokyo 2020 is in the right to keep using the logo, as is the IOC. If he went to court now, I think he would be embarrassing himself, especially compared to the humble Spaniards dragged in who said they would be honored to have been an inspiration for the logo.

That's NOT the same. In California, once you apply "Copyright" to your own work, it's legally yours. The Tokyo logo might NOT have been copied but the Leige's logo was out there first -- and they can prove it. As I suspected, the TdL did NOT register their logo because they are NOT a for-profit organization. They use it merely for identity and not to build a brand like the IOC. Tokyo's IP search team should've allowed for the possibility that there might have been something close. As I said, LOCOG settled out of court with Atopia-Innovation rather than have it drag for long even if LOCOG was going out of business. NBC did the same when it turned out their "N" logo was already in use by the Nebraska Educational system.

And actually in my book, I tell the story about the "N" that looked exactly like the NBC "N" on the "1963 Yearbook of the United Nations" cover but which NBC contracted Design Team's lawyers missed completely. But had they found it, probably would not have had to settle with Nebraska. But that's like 40 years ago.

TOCOG should do the same if they are honorable. And Phandrosis, stop defending the IOC and TOCOG. They are wrong in this case.

The Spanish logo is quite different from the TdL and the Tokyo logo -- so they shouldn't even be in the discussion. They're just tailgating as usual.

TOCOG should do the same if they are honorable. And Phandrosis, stop defending the IOC and TOCOG. They are wrong in this case.

I don't think they are wrong, though. First of all, both logos are triangles and rectangles and circles. It's very likely it was just a coincidence, but the Belgians are convinced that the designer saw the theater logo, copied it, and resubmitted it. Just because the company made it first doesn't mean that they have the right to get it removed. The logos are not the same, and if the Belgian goes to court and tries to say that they are, he will fail. I don't think TOCOG and the IOC should bow down to some whining designer who's angry that a logo similar to his is being seen worldwide while his theater logo won't be. Claiming that he made it first in court wont hold up against Tokyo who have the legal right to use their logo.

Claiming that he made it first in court wont hold up against Tokyo who have the legal right to use their logo.

I wouldn't bet on that- there are two different aspects of intellectual property law in play. Théâtre de Liège does not have a registered trademark, so in that respect Tokyo are in the clear. However, copyright law is quite separate from trademark law, and in that respect the Tokyo design has a case to answer. The smart thing for them to do, as Baron suggests, would be to settle out-of-court.

I've never seen a vote more ridicule than Beijing 2022... What's the next step for IOC ? Doha 2026 ? WOG are officially die with Beijing.

I've never seen a vote more ridicule than Beijing 2022... What's the next step for IOC ? Doha 2026 ? WOG are officially die with Beijing.

Ridiculous sorry.

Archived