Toronto 2015 Closing Ceremony Live chat

neneu10

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closing was nice but the horrible buzz killer of Pitbull and Kanye West took off many points from me. I hope no other organizer hires these two for another closing ceremony again.

I'm still curious why they used new placards instead of the electronic ones. I guess some got damaged or Cirque du Soleil kept them?

To be honest, I don't think many people know you can stay after official closing hours (officially 10.30pm but once you come in before that they let you stay longer). They had TV's for the games at some of the dining areas so we were able to enjoy the closing ceremonies before checking out the fireworks. We paid $100 each but that included a fancy 3 course dinner, usually the viewing area is only around $25-40 or so. Some people may have preferred to see the full fireworks from the base (there was a large crowd there and at City Hall), but I figured it would be an experience to see it from an unusual vantage point.

Toronto need A LOT OF WORK!!!!!!!! Stop believing that youth culture or black culture = classlessness! I mean Kanye West? The Toronto 2015 games ended on a sour note! And you really want to be taken seriously? For an Olympics? Please, see a shrink!

Lol oh please if you expect the opening/closing ceremonies of Pan American Games to be at the level of Olympic Games ceremonies, then you are beyond f**king stupid.

Do find some flashy stockings and some underlit inner city street corner to ply your trade. Leave intellect to the intellectuals, would you?

The Pan Am games are for the people of the Americas, with music in all its forms. Rap, reggaeton, rock and First Nations music were all represented. This is not just about speaking to a small elitist group. They went out of their way to make our Caribbean and Latin American guests feel comfortable and welcome and as someone on the ground partying with these people i assure you they were successful! I was never nervous because I knew if the organizers screwed up that this beautiful city and its warm kind people would pick up the slack. They never screwed up and the city charmed as expected! :D

Archived