Toronto 2024 Rolled To Launch Pad; Boston 2024 On Brink of Collapse

Marcel Aubut, head of the Canadian Olympic Committee, wants Toronto to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. Aubut said Friday that he will “absolutely lead and advocate with the whole power of my office that Toronto becomes the host city for 2024 Olympic Games.” Gaetan Tardif, head of the Canadian Paralympic Committee, also supports […]

View the full article

Very, very rash decision. This is why Toronto suffers in races for global events - jumping in without looking.

Lucille-Bluth-Eye-Roll-Arrested-Developm

With so many people already awarding these games to Paris, you can say the same thing about Boston, Rome, Budapest and Hamburg.

If Toronto puts in a great plan that isn't as ridiculously scattered as these games, then I'll throw in my support. I love Toronto as a city and I certainly would save up the money for a games there rather than wait for another US city to host or even Madrid to finally get awarded the chance to host!

*ridiculously scattered as the Pan American Games.

Budapest - Unless you and/or the IOC want another Greek catastrophe, the SOG is just out of the league. With an economy half of size of Greece, with a recession since 2008, a political government accused of neo-fascism links and better options in Europe. It's reasonable to say Budapest won't win unless of the big fishes disappear and stay with names like Tulsa, Baku or Nairobi.

Boston's drama is getting highs and even with a good defense, the damage is done. It will need a miracle to overcome the karma. As a company, will will you keep a bad employee if he's scaring your customers?

These are enough rational elements to dismiss them.

It's true there's always the possibility to lose, but also there are races which the favorite wins at the end. Each race is different and need to be checked by the variables.

With so many people already awarding these games to Paris, you can say the same thing about Boston, Rome, Budapest and Hamburg.

And WE ARE saying the same thing about Hamburg & Rome. And especially Boston & Budapest. Even in the event Paris doesn't clench it again (which I find highly unlikely this time out. The IOC im sure took notice of Paris' literal 180 degree shift in favor of a bid), the 2024 Games are going to Europe anyway.

Someone else said it last month, but Toronto would literally have to be "head & shoulders above the rest" in order to have a shot in this round. But extremely unlikely for that to be the case here. Not when you have a crop of good Euro candidates & the geopolitics favors them much more right now than it does North America.