Tokyo 2020 Logo Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the Olympic logo of Tokyo 2020?

• Best logo of all times
    • Love it
    • Great
    • Good
    • well, could grow on me
    • well - waiting for the next one 2022...
    • bad
    • awful
    • worst
  2. 2. What do you think about the Paralympic logo of Tokyo 2020?

• Best logo of all times
    • Love it
    • Great
    • Good
    • well, could grow on me
    • well - waiting for the next one 2022...
    • bad
    • awful
    • worst

I like that the logo is very simple and has a retro vibe on it, and seems a bit similar to the 1964 one. I'm also glad they included the rising sun on the logo (like many of us here wanted). However, it has issues conveying an easy to undertand message and falls on the same mistake Glasgow did by giving detailed explanations about the shapes of the logo.

Overall, its a good logo. However it loses points because of the complexity of its message. Still, I think its better executed than the Pyeongchang one. I give them points for innovating and departing from the sendback to the 90's-early 00's Rio gave us.

However, judging for the comments, this is going to be one of those very divisive logos which you will either love or hate.

• Like 1

Not repulsed, not excited. Will wait to see how everything else develops around it before I decide if it's a sucess or not.

So voted "could grow on me" for both.

Baron, we urge you to consider the national aesthetic that defines Japanese culture. It projects superlatively clean modernity and is exquisite in achieving striking harmony between the balance and imbalance of its constituents. The philosophy behind the palette of colours used is bone-tingling. I am so excited by this. Toronto has won the medal design of 2015. Tokyo has won the innovation design hands up or down with this logo.

This logo is sooooooooooo powerfully executed that I have no doubts that it will emerge in some kind of fashion phenomenon - on t-shirts, on dresses, it is completely exploitable as a sleek fashion image. The potential for it to be as iconic as the Nike swoosh for example, on urban clothing cannot be underestimated.

Baron, we urge you to consider the national aesthetic that defines Japanese culture. It projects superlatively clean modernity and is exquisite in achieving striking harmony between the balance and imbalance of its constituents. The philosophy behind the palette of colours used is bone-tingling. I am so excited by this. Toronto has won the medal design of 2015. Tokyo has won the innovation design hands up or down with this logo.

I've considered it Throne -- and it's a BIG FAILURE with a capital "F." Such an artistic nation could've done so much better. My company has decided NOT to sponsor Tokyo 2020!!

It wouldn't make it to the short list in a GamesBids comp.

Most underwhelmed. Sleeping on it didn't improve my reaction to it. It could, perhaps, grow on me... but that font...???

Well, it's not the worst - the neighbours in PyeongChang have snared that honour. But I think it lifts London's off the floor and is the new one people will most love to hate.

• Like 3

Hm, It's Okay-ish for me, If they maybe use a brighter colour scheme it might look much better, but that font reminds me of a newspaper... I hope they change it, other than that it looks fine, certainly better than PyeongChang

While the logo is fine alone the font is really destroying everything for me it makes me think Pyeongchang, London, and Sochi have a better logo... but we should wait for 2020 because this logo is not even at the final form yet ..

I don't think you guys truly appreciate the importance of the Olympic Games. It is the only event that brings humanity together and every nation should vie to host it. This logo is almost as disappointing as when people say Athens had the best ceremony. You uncultured swine! How dare any of you like this horrendous attempt at Japan being edgy and cool. Japan should conform to American styles and tastes because they are obviously superior. Gosh at this point the games should just go to countries that actually care about the Olympics, like China, Russia, or Qatar. <rolls eyes>

It is the only event that brings humanity together....

Well, even more so than the United Nations...to which only officials attend...and for the most part, behind closed doors. And once every 4 years. The UN meets every year. So, it is a unique institution...even if it really doesn't cure anything.