Sign in to follow this  
intoronto

Toronto 2015 Opening Ceremony Live chat

In Spanish it Begins with 'E', Spanish is official language.

Wait, but don't the athletes walk in by the host nation's official language alphabet??? Canada's is either French or English, or both.

Wait, but don't the athletes walk in by the host nation's official language alphabet??? Canada's is either French or English, or both.

PASO regulations means its Spanish: http://images.toronto2015.org/system/asset_pdfs/863/original/pan-am-regulation.pdf

Scott Russell making a lot of errors.

Jamaica has a 65 athlete contingent here, but the athletics team it appears isn't marching.

I can't find that hola =s

Hola is an app you need to download for your web browser.

I can't find that hola =s

hola.org

PASO regulations means its Spanish: http://images.toronto2015.org/system/asset_pdfs/863/original/pan-am-regulation.pdf

Scott Russell making a lot of errors.

Jamaica has a 65 athlete contingent here, but the athletics team it appears isn't marching.

If some of those are competing tomorrow, they're likely not going to be there. This happens at the OC for the Summer and Winter Olympics. And also some don't have to compete until much later so they're probably not even in town yet.

• Like 1

Panama, Paraguay and Peru follow next

Oh so the music changes every time a country comes out, with the music representing the country. - Insidethegames

Nice touch.

Panama, Paraguay and Peru follow next

Oh so the music changes every time a country comes out, with the music representing the country. - Insidethegames

Nice touch.

Or they try their best to. I remember in Beijing we heard Guadalajara Guadalajara at the most random times it was hilarious.

I find it interesting that the announcer said that Puerto Rico will be a factor in gymnastics when they have a history of being very strong in gymnastics, yet they've never medaled in the sport at the Olympics.

Or they try their best to. I remember in Beijing we heard Guadalajara Guadalajara at the most random times it was hilarious.

I find it interesting that the announcer said that Puerto Rico will be a factor in gymnastics when they have a history of being very strong in gymnastics, yet they've never medaled in the sport at the Olympics.

This is the Pan Am Games not the Olympics. Puerto Rico is the defending men's team silver medallists.

Haven't commented but so far i'm liking the ceremony. It hasn't been a dissapointment like some called it before. And curious that once again the torch was brought in the beggining of the show, just like in the European Games. Is this a new trend? :lol:

The smoke effect when countries march in is a bit too much though XD

Only a few more countries till Canada!

Haven't commented but so far i'm liking the ceremony. It hasn't been a dissapointment like some called it before. And curious that once again the torch was brought in the beggining of the show, just like in the European Games. Is this a new trend? :lol:

Yesterday they did it for the bigger countries only.

Is the 1st in Brazil trending right now, and most of the twitter is brazilian. Anyway that's impressive because only one channel in cable TV is broadcasting out ceremony in Brazil now.

lol Uruguay's comment by Peter Mansbridge.

Last country before Canada, Venezuela.

So many selfie sticks.

And the host nation!

A big Canadia flag in the crowd. Huge Canadian delegation, I think most of the 719 athletes are here.

Not a bad parade of nations actually. I loved the music and how they used a song for each country (they used Pajarillo when Venezuela marched in :lol: )

PS: The rendition of O Canada was so much better than Vancouver 2010 IMO.

Im not quite sure why the torch was brought in so early this time. I guess for the European Games it held an artistic purpose, not too sure about this though.

At this moment is a mixed bag. At least it's better than Vancouver 2010, Incheon and Glasgow 2014.

We haven't seen much though. There is a larger cultural segment after the parade

Im not quite sure why the torch was brought in so early this time. I guess for the European Games it held an artistic purpose, not too sure about this though.

There is a story behind it.

@Ikarus360 I agree re O canada Rendition.

Last 4 Canadian flagbearers have been golden.

Yeah they probably plan to do something with it later in the show

We haven't seen much though. There is a larger cultural segment after the parade

Yeah, but being honest the first 20 minutes were a huge letdown.

A friend of mine who's a big fan of Tribe Called Red got very happy to see they were in the opening segment. :P