Toronto 2015 Opening Ceremony Live chat

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, beautiful ceremony. Those who judged the ceremony early just because of the small stage are probably eating their words right now.

Trust me I'm not. The ceremony may have gotten better, but if I was in the audience I would consider this to be a huge letdown. Why pay hundreds, maybe even thousands, of dollars for an OC that I could have just stayed home and watch it and get a better view? The performance was great, but for an OC foe an event of this scale in a venue that size, it still disappoints.

I'm just going to say this; look at this ceremony with an open mind. Cirque is simply playing to their strengths; they're used to doing shows within enclosed arenas like this.

Yes, it may not be fully Olympic-level (but thenagain, neither are the Pan-Am Games), and some aspects could have been executed better, but it's still a good showing.

I'm just going to say this; look at this ceremony with an open mind. Cirque is simply playing to their strengths; they're used to doing shows within enclosed arenas like this.

Yes, it may not be fully Olympic-level (but thenagain, neither are the Pan-Am Games), and some aspects could have been executed better, but it's still a good showing.

Agreed to an extend, albeit I gave more ups to Canada.

The Pan American anthem was created in 2007 by the Brazilian Symphony Orchestra

No. That was the Rio 2007 theme which was used for the medal ceremonies. The Pan Am anthem was made in Mexico and used for the first time in 2011.

Well, lets hope the new PASO president speeches are less longer than Vazquez ones.

Saad's is 20 mins long.

JK

They have signing, and Rafi combines Pan and Parapn athlete total lol (mistake!)

Saad speaking in all 3 languages.

Archived