Toronto 2015 Opening Ceremony Live chat

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, much better than Guadalajara now...

But I miss the fireworks

There are ceremonies who did not have much fireworks but were really nice, like Sydney 2000, and lately, indiscriminate use of them don't help too much to the OC (like Guadalajara 2011)

If only Guadalajara had these quantity of cultural segments. Instead we got a glorified concert =.=

This segment is so ethereal and serene. I noticed many canadian landscapes such as the arctic on the screen.

If only Guadalajara had these quantity of cultural segments. Instead we got a glorified concert =.=

This segment is so ethereal and serene. I noticed many canadian landscapes such as the arctic on the screen.

Yeah one of my biggest criticism of 2011 Pan Am was the OC.

I wonder if Rio will follow the trend which Bak and Toronto are establishing now of doing more artistic lightnings of the cauldron and bringing the torch much earlier.

The torch coming in and lighting the cauldron (almost) directly have signified the end of the ceremony for as long as I can remember, so I don't think they would change it. Maybe it has to do with the relay ending before the ceremonies or something else, I don't know.

Archived