Paris Looks To The Future, Not It’s Past, As It Launches 2024 Olympic Bid

GBModerator

It’s official, Paris will try to grab the rings once again – this time for 2024. The French capital chose World Olympic Day being observed Tuesday as its platform to declare its candidacy for the 2024 Olympic Games – but the day honouring the history of the Olympic Games, one that is closely connected with […]

View the full article

So Paris finally throws its hat into the ring for 2024. Excellent news!

The 2024 bid is shaping up to be an exciting contest with no less than 3 European capitals (Paris, Rome and Budapest), 1 major European city (Hamburg) and 1 major American city (Boston) already signed up. It would be the icing on the cake if any Asian or African cities join in in to make it a truly pan-continental event! :D

But Paris must be the sentimental favourite! :)

I think Asia should stay away from this one since they're already hosting 3 olympics in a row. They don't have a chance here.

Anyway, if everything goes well and we don't have cities running away like in the 2022 race, this race is shaping up to be similar to the 2012 one (with all these European capitals battling for the games)

Anyway, if everything goes well and we don't have cities running away like in the 2022 race, this race is shaping up to be similar to the 2012 one (with all these European capitals battling for the games)

That was also the general consensus around the same time of the start up of the 2022 bidding race. And look where we're at now with that. A total sh!t race.

^^ Yeaaah, blame Sochi for that. The gigantic costs of those games were the main reason everyone ran away (and Oslo pretty much saying "i'm done with this crap" when the IOC started doing ridiculous demands to them should they won). I think how many of these cities will stay around will be decided by how the Rio olympics develop. If these turn out to be a disaster too....god help us all.

aand let the lynch begins.... :D

dont like french arrgonace at 2012 race like recep tayyips at 2020 race for istanbul... both same for me

And? If i'm right, no one from that 2012 bid is currently on charge of the 2024 bid and from recent actions, the french have lernt the mistake and showed a different behaviour. It's ridiculous and even stupid to hate a city just for a past action. As if people couldn't change at time...

And? If i'm right, no one from that 2012 bid is currently on charge of the 2024 bid and from recent actions, the french have lernt the mistake and showed a different behaviour. It's ridiculous and even stupid to hate a city just for a past action. As if people couldn't change at time...

well... as i experienced from my country ( consider we have tayyip for nearly 15 years at different positions) nothing changes even people changed, may be its our curse as a turk i dont know :D

just like i said years ago, this centennial **** is st really b.****. If Paris wont do the same mistakes at 2012 and like athens did at 2004 race then welldone.. tough many of u knows im in love with Paris..... :)

Paris is not bidding for the 2024 Games because it would be the centennial of their last Games. They've been bidding three times since 1992, and 2024 is their best shot (and they know it). Paris has just been trying to get the Games for a while now. 1924-2024 is actually just "un hasard". And they won't be playing that card, they know it would be a mistake to do so.

Archived