The games are going to begin next week so I thought why not opening a thread.

The Southeast Asian Games will once again return to Singapore in 2015, after a 22-year long hiatus. Awarded the bid by the Southeast Asian Games Federation (SEAGF) in November 2011, the 28th SEA Games will be held from June 5 – 16, 2015.

Previously hosting the Games in 1973, 1983 and 1993, Singapore’s fourth time hosting the games is especially significant to the republic as it celebrates its 50th year of independence in 2015. This presents Singapore with the perfect opportunity to reinforce regional peace and friendship with its regional neighbours.

The Singapore SEA Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC) believes the mid-year dates will provide ample opportunities for everyone to be part of Games, not only sports enthusiasts. The 28th SEA Games looks set to be a 12-day fiesta.

36 sports and 402 events will feature in the 28th SEA Games Singapore 2015. The sports are aquatics (swimming, synchronised swimming, diving, waterpolo), archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, billiards & snooker, bowling, boxing, canoeing, cycling, equestrian, fencing, floorball, football, golf, gymnastics, hockey, judo, netball, petanque, rowing, rugby 7s, sailing, sepak takraw, shooting, silat, softball, squash, table tennis, taekwondo, tennis, dragon boat, triathlon, volleyball, wakeboard & waterski, and wushu.

The Logo

tumblr_inline_n11mbdingh1s072d1.jpg

The logo represents the meeting of Southeast Asia, and symbolises individual dreams united in the spirit of the games.

The triumph of the human spirit lies at the core, with the winning athlete crossing the finishing line, arms raised in jubilation, being at the heart of it all. It celebrates the extraordinary potential that exists in each and every one of us.

The icons reflect the diversity of sports featured during the Games, from land and water-based sports to individual and team sports. It also stands for the combination of strength, focus, grace and skills involved in sporting pursuits.

The dynamic energy of the various sports is represented by the palette of colours, capturing the excitement of games in all its radiance. It also symbolises sport as a universal language, where different people, from different countries, competing in different disciplines, converge to add texture to the Games.

So, whoever we are or wherever we are heading, we know that success ultimately comes to those who reach for the extraordinary.

Mascot: Nila the Lion

NETBALL.pngATHLETICS.pngTAEKWONDO.png

VENUES:

Singapore National Stadium

800_bpchua.jpg?w=800

national%20stadium%201.jpg?w=800

OCBC Arena

ocbc%20arena%203.jpg?w=800

Jalan Besar Stadium

jalan%20besar%20stadium%201.jpg?w=800

Sengkang Hockey Stadium

sengkang%20hockey%203.jpg?w=800

OCBC Aquatics Centre

ocbc%20aquatic%20centre%202.jpg?w=800

Singapore Indoor Stadium

singapore%20indoor%20stadium%202.jpg?w=8

Shooting

national%20shooting.jpg?w=800

National Sailing Centre

national%20sailing%20centre%201.jpg?w=80

Turf Club Riding Centre

turf%20club%20riding%20centre.jpg?w=800

Safra Yishun (Bowling)

yishun%20safra%202.jpg?w=800

Sentosa Golf Club

sentosa%20golf%20club%201.jpg?w=800

The Medals

Medal%2B3.jpgMedal.jpgMedal%2B1.jpg

Medal%2B2.jpg

Rehearsals are already undergoing for the opening ceremony at the new Singapore Sport Hub (it seems they will use the roof rail tricks which Sochi used last year for their ceremonies)

sea-games-preview-data.jpg

sea-games-preview-1.jpg

sea_games_rehearsal_3.jpg?itok=VOSUmgWm

img_2055.jpg?itok=JQFRReEosea_games_rehearsal_1.jpg?itok=w38Z7a4Rsea_games_rehearsal_mugi.jpg?itok=JjtaBz

sea_games_rehearsal_4.jpg?itok=9KjR1xrP

I was in Singapore last month and was surprised by how much 'look of the Games' was already around. Orchard Road had souvenir shops, the airport had a huge display - even around Marina Bay they had bunting and flags. Looked quite spectacular and the local government seems to be putting in a lot of effort.

I LOVE the Medals and the Logo! They look awesome! and the glowing stuff reminds me of Sochi too!

Indeed the ceremonies are so alike to Sochi they even had the cauldron outside the stadium....

ezxseagames.jpg?itok=vv7-Vs6n

which later will be like this...

5-Hal-Menarik-tentang-SEA-Games-2015-Cau

I was in Singapore last month and was surprised by how much 'look of the Games' was already around. Orchard Road had souvenir shops, the airport had a huge display - even around Marina Bay they had bunting and flags. Looked quite spectacular and the local government seems to be putting in a lot of effort.

The Singaporians are "Naturally" superb. The manage to achieve consistent excellence. Should they bid for the Olympics.....it is, as they say in the west.....a "No Brainer".

The Opening Ceremony is going to be great!!!!!!!

I hope so and if you interested in livestreaming it you should able to see it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KM1_2Qloao

The Ceremony should starts around 7 pm (GMT + 7)

The channel called Sport Singapore will also broadcast the games in several interesting sports here : https://www.youtube.com/user/SingaporeSports/featured

The Opening Ceremony was great!!!

Singapore really wants to reach Olympic scale in the organization!!!

Totally Sochi style: projections on the floor and a lot of aereals...

The lighting of the flame was a Sochi deja vu.

Something wrong?? Yes!!! The hosts... I could not enjoy some parts, their yells were annoying for moments....

But in general, An Olympic scale Ceremony....

I really, really hated the hosts, they were so annoying and loud. Other than that, the opening ceremony was very nice. A nice show by Singapore and I liked the DNA/Human bounds theme of the ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...

disappointed with handover ceremony....its look moreindonesia then malaysia

agree because in terms of culture diversity malaysian diversity is almost similiar to singapore therefore the handover should connect the present host and the next host instead of making the ceremony too much based to bumiputera malaysia...

Archived