2015 All-Africa Games

The 2015 All-Africa Games are just 4 months away, the Games are scheduled to be held in Brazzaville.

Here is the Official Logo:

250px-2015_All-Africa_Games.png

The Venues being built look awesome too! Here is the Main Stadium:

Render:

PTW-Architects-African-Games-Stadium70-5

Actual Thing:

7189997-11031587.jpg

Brazzaville were award the Games since the 2015 edition would mark the 50th Anniversary of the Inaugural Games (Also held in Brazzaville) in 1965.

Damn it still looks like there's a lot of work to be done. When are these games supposed to be held?

I know.... But it still looks great! Better than the one Maputo made for 2011:

Zimpeto-stadium.jpg

^That Stadium was made with the help of the Chinese...

The Games are to open on the 4th of September 2015 and are to be closed on 19th September 2015.

Few More Renders:

Interior of the Main Stadium:

african-games-stadium-congo-p030414-3.jp

Basketball Arena:

african-games-stadium-congo-p030414-4-52

Aquatics Center:

african-games-stadium-congo-p030414-5-52

Palais de Sports:

african-games-stadium-congo-p030414-6-52

The Complex:

PTW-Architects-African-Games-Stadium60-e

They look really good, but I'm worried about the time... The Complex was designed by a Group named PTW Architects.

For what I read, Congo used the help of chinese workers to work in the venues. Other countries like Angola (for the ACN in 2010) and Mozambique (All Africa Games in 2011) have done the same thing.

Here's a more recent update of the venues construction

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2015 All-Africa Games women's soccer draw now up with South Africa's Bayana Bayana, Cameroon's Les Lionnes, Ghana's Black Queens, and debutants Egypt's Lady Pharaohs in Group B group of death. Hosts Congo-Brazzaville, Ivory Coast's Elephants, Nigeria's Super Green Falcons, and Tanzania are in Group A. the first group has the same first three teams in the same grouping as they were in Windhoek, Namibia for last year's African women's soccer championship:

http://www.supersport.com/football/africa/news/150709/Egypt_SA_in_AAG_group_of_death

• 1 month later...

The Events in 4 Days....Anyone know where to watch the Ceremonies and Sports Events?

Also, On Thursday it has been reported that the Egyptian Football Team have withdrawn of the AAG 2015 Football Tournament, it is said that no reason was given for this Withdrawal..

Oh wait nevermind now I see what you mean haha. But one side is not being filled with spectators for a good reason. There is a lot of seating available at the top. So right now it looks over half full.

I love how excited they get just to see themselves on the jumbotron. And some of these guys are dressed like they're ready to see a soccer game lol. I've seen Brazil jerseys and I saw a couple with US shirts on.

Oh wait nevermind now I see what you mean haha. But one side is not being filled with spectators for a good reason. There is a lot of seating available at the top. So right now it looks over half full.

I love how excited they get just to see themselves on the jumbotron. And some of these guys are dressed like they're ready to see a soccer game lol. I've seen Brazil jerseys and I saw a couple with US shirts on.

Yeah it's getting filled up more right now...Love the Animation of the Mascot.

omg when will this thing officially start??? I've been watching almost an hour of absolutely nothing! lol

IKR, I was thinking the same exact thing - All I see is the Camera showing different people waving at the Jumbotrons after seeing themselves...

Just saw the exterior of the Stadium, Looks awesome but some lights would really make it glow, I can't see much landscape...

Archived