Judgment Day for FIFA?

Soaring

Ugh, what an unbelievable hypocrite piece of ****. First he said he would cooperate and work to make FIFA respected again. And now he's attacking America and siding with Putin conspiracy theories. Part of me didn't wanted in all honestly that Russia lost the 2018 host but you know what, screw them. And they still wonder why there is so much rusophobia lately.

The only solution is that people stop tossing money at this farce and don't watch football anymore. But of course, many (specially in latin america) are still hypnotized seeing two guys running after a ball. How I hate our third word mentality, this is why we'll never become relevant in anything sport aside.

UEFA. With all due respect, you're all chicken sh@t and no better than FIFA. You made this happen. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Blatter just ripped the U.S. for the arrests which he claims were politically motivated. This means the USA will not host a WC for a long time. Hello China 2026

Blatter just ripped the U.S. for the arrests which he claims were politically motivated. This means the USA will not host a WC for a long time. Hello China 2026

More likely hello Colombia 2026

“No one is going to tell me that it was a simple coincidence, this American attack two days before the elections of Fifa. It doesn’t smell right. This has touched me and Fifa,”

Sepp Blatter, today, preferring to defend the criminals and attack the policemen

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/30/sepp-blatter-accuses-us-and-british-media-campaign-topple?CMP=share_btn_tw

god-bles.jpg

• Like 1

Well, currently the president of the French federation has confirmed in the media he voted for Blatter, and affirmed Blatter is innocent and that was a vendetta made by his personal enemies.

Yes. It seems we dont want to tread on FIFA's toes, with the womens world cup going to France in 2019.

As for my opinion, this just goes to show that they rely on each other to keep their pockets full....

The only way we can dissolve the current leadership, is for the sponsors to say reform, or we go....

UEFA wont and cant do this alone. They need FIFA.

But the sponsors do not! Then again, its money that makes the world go round..... and FIFA are experts at this!

It's a tad disappointing the US will not get to host 2026, but I think I'm more proud that my nation instead is leading the effort to clean FIFA up. You know it's funny how people say the US doesn't care about football when you know...we're kind of trying to save it. All I can say is God Bless America, land that I love!

It's a tad disappointing the US will not get to host 2026, but I think I'm more proud that my nation instead is leading the effort to clean FIFA up. You know it's funny how people say the US doesn't care about football when you know...we're kind of trying to save it. All I can say is God Bless America, land that I love!

Ok now you're being ridiculous. Are you forgetting Salt Lake?

• Like 1

Exactly; and for the next round, there will be 209 votes instead of the 22 that voted for 2018 and 2022 (22 votes for 2022 - how ironic!). So, with 209 votes, it's anybody's game. The US will have lots of friends there. And by 2019 (funny--another irony, 209 votes in 2019), surely the US-instigated proceedings and the Swiss investigation will also bear definite results. So I wouldn't say 2026 will NOT be bound for the USA.

Okay I will admit that was a bit of a ridiculous comment, but still, the US was the only country with the balls to start the fire on FIFA. Mind you we had 2026 practically locked up. Not to mention when SLC was found out we went as far to getting JAS to testify in court.

Okay I will admit that was a bit of a ridiculous comment, but still, the US was the only country with the balls to start the fire on FIFA. Mind you we had 2026 practically locked up. Not to mention when SLC was found out we went as far to getting JAS to testify in court.

Maybe you've forgotten that the USA justice's has made the judgment on FIFA for the only reason that members of that organization commited crimes on USA territory.

Nice little read from Andrew Jennings on his involvement in the FBI arrests

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-3104087/How-FIFA-nailed-act-revenge-dying-man-Investigative-journalist-ANDREW-JENNINGS-reveals-former-official-led-Feds-dirty-depths-Blatter-s-kingdom-corruption.html

A nice alliance. British journalists (Jennings, Sunday Times, BBC) and men in black suits and dark sunglasses from US Law enforcement. Hope you're worried Sepp B)

CGSf1KmWcAA5ptO.jpg

Edited by Rob.

What I think of this whole thing right now

PS: And yes, USA shouldn't be one to talk much specially with their dirty little secret of SLC 2002 which also caused an earthquake in the IOC back then (although not as bad as this)

PS: And yes, USA shouldn't be one to talk much specially with their dirty little secret of SLC 2002 which also caused an earthquake in the IOC back then (although not as bad as this)

But those were 2 individuals and the receiving end was the IOC. A "crime" isn't a crime until there is a party on the other end either to be killed, bilked or enriched. But this time, the charges are that FIFA officials (including Chuck Blazer...but he is lucky in that he has been able to work out a plea deal early on) have ENRICHED themselves at the expense of FIFA's subcontractors, sponsors, etc., using funds from there. Welch and the other guy did NOT put others' money into their pockets. BIG difference between the 2 cases, Jose.

Also, the Salt Lake city incident did NOT use US banks or wire transfers. (I don't recall all the details now, but most of the 'gifts' were in kind, like the 'scholarship' for an African IOC member's kids, skiing trips, etc.; and/or handled by foreign banks.) This time, the core of the charges are those that have transpired within the US banking system; so....

And then, there is this...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/30/why-businesses-still-need-fifa-sponsorship?CMP=ema_565

Edited by baron-pierreIV

She's probably right that he hasn't taken any money (he lives quite comfortably from FIFA expenses and his enormous salary) but he was in charge when everyone below him was queuing up for brown envelopes. So I guess she's admitting he's incompetent.

• Like 1