Judgment Day for FIFA?

Soaring

I realistically cannot see Russia being stripped of 2018. Russia may not be a haven for human rights itself, but at least it has the financial, meteorological and political ability to host the tournament. Construction has already started anyways, and at least Russia has a somewhat decent soccer tradition. Essentially what I'm saying is that in comparison to Qatar, Russia looks like heaven on Earth. I think it is in the best interests of everyone to focus on 2022 and to get the tournament out of that hellhole ASAP. Let 2018 go to Putin and move on. Is it the best set of circumstances? No, but it avoids any sort of "political conspiracy", doesn't make stadiums in Russia to go to waste and doesn't force a country to scramble to host on just 3 years notice (regardless of how prepared the US may be, it's still a significant financial undertaking in a short period of time).

I'm definitely with you on this on all counts to also avoiding the American political conspiracy accusations that Putin declares. It has a tremendous record in hosting numerous large-scale international sports events. Let's zero in on 2022 and strip Qatar the hosting of it. Other forces, despite assurances from the Qatari organizers to the contrary like cooling outdoor stadium technology, would surely work against it. That, as Runningrings notes, there would be serious concerns about keeping it in Asia. South Korea as solo hosts would be nice compromise to have as the second that continent would host it as a nation with solid World Cup experience; some people as he says would start thinking the USA is doing this in starting with the investigations and stings so it wants to host the World Cup that year because they're still sore losers from that in their view. But I still like to see the USA; Sunil Gulati and Co. should NEVER have lost to the Qataris.

Been wondering about Issa Hayatou and his role. Surely he had involvement dating back to the meeting in Luanda, Angola voting for Qatar as noted in the E:60 Reports program.

Michel Platini is the latest to call for Blatter to go. Blatter would go from FIFA over his dead body. Oh this going to be so fun to see all this unfold:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/blatter-refuses-to-stand-down-after-platini-calls-for-him-to-quit-362245

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening Ceremony of Congress going ahead as if everything's hunky-dory. FIFA deluded, beyond parody....

CGGlLPNWoAIIDgE.jpg

"See, we have no problems despite what you're reading about lately! We fight vigilantly against the corruptive forces penetrating our football! We're tremendously strong and united!" :lol:

Last days of a dictatorship...

I don't know if I can bare myself to keep watching this farce football has become anymore if the main responsable of this disaster, who's pretending now to not be involved, stays in power.

Why can't Blatter see that so long as he is around, FIFA smells like a dead rat. Why doesn't he just quietly depart and save whatever dignity his beloved organization still has? Can't he see that?

When you've stayed for many years on top of a big criminal syndicate, leaving can be dangerous.

When you've stayed for many years on top of a big criminal syndicate, leaving can be dangerous.

But one would think, in its darkest hour, Blatter would think of legacy -- NOT being in control of the whole world of football. He is 79 and even his own gov't is already in there to do a wholesale fumigation. I mean it just shows how rotted the mentality is behind the whole organization.

Meglamaniacs, sociopaths, whatever you call them only think of one thing THEMSELVES. It is all about them. They are the saviour, the hero, and if they can't have power, they are happy for their whole world to be destroyed.

Look at Assad in Syria, or Hitler in the dying days of WW2r- happy to let their whole nations be totally ripped about rather than stand down.

Blatter is no different. He doesn't care in the slightest about Football.

To answer the thread question.... nope, not judgement day.

FIFA will go as if nothing unusual has happened. SB will be reelected. The 2018 and 2022 world cups will stay where they are. A sponsor or two may walk, but will quickly be replaced. Fans will bitch and moan, and then watch the heck out of FIFA's product.

Oh, wait, one thing may change. FIFA officials will check for hidden microphones before asking for bribes from now on.

FIFA will go as if nothing unusual has happened. SB will be reelected. The 2018 and 2022 world cups will stay where they are. A sponsor or two may walk, but will quickly be replaced. Fans will bitch and moan, and then watch the heck out of FIFA's product.

Oh, wait, one thing may change. FIFA officials will check for hidden microphones before asking for bribes from now on.

I fear you're right. Especially UEFA's big mouth will soon probably row back there.

You know he's corrupt. He knows he's corrupt and that you know. And he just doesn't seem to going to give two fucks about it and don't care about you think.

Truly, there are people who just want to see the world burn.

Not me. I'm not going to watch this piece of turd anymore and keep being an useful fool to FIFA rigged up shows so they can keep gaining more money at our expenses. If Blatter doesn't leaves, football is dead to me. Sorry for everyone else here who might have another opinion.

'm not going to watch this piece of turd anymore and keep being an useful fool to FIFA rigged up shows so they can keep gaining more money at our expenses. If Blatter doesn't leaves, football is dead to me. Sorry for everyone else here who might have another opinion.

Perfectly understandable. Now is the time to clean-up, ir never.

I hope that UEFA will withdraw from FIFA if Sepp get selected. Sure, russia wont, but most of them, and then organize there own Open championschip in 2018 and 2022 and invite all countries in the World. Lets see what FIFA then are, without England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and all those countries, and I would be surprised if not other countries from around the World rather would participate en an open championschip with the best countries from Europe, rather than a Fifa World cup with no big European countries...

^^ They threatened to boycott if they went with the election. Yet somehow, there they are. ._.

In the end, they're also to blame for this disaster. **** Platini. That hypocrite.

They think Ali may have a chance if enough CONCACAF nations turn against Blatter. If UEFA boycotts the vote a Blatter victory is certain.

Not sure which action would be "correct" really. UEFA can't do everything by themselves.

They think Ali may have a chance if enough CONCACAF nations turn against Blatter. If UEFA boycotts the vote a Blatter victory is certain.

Not sure which action would be "correct" really. UEFA can't do everything by themselves.

Yes, but a congress without UEFA would have been a farce and Blatter would have no legitimacy in this part of the world anymore. While now, he will win (I have no doubt) and say it was a democratic process and the result must be accepted.

UEFA provides the biggest source of attraction/income in football through the European national and club teams - if they had withdrawn, FIFA would have imploded. There's talk about taking action if/when Blatter is elected, but I guess it'll be some lukewarm farce ending with "we don't want to punish fans and players".

Here are the TWO conundra repercussions if Prince Ali wins:

1. yes, Blatter will be out but having a muslim Prince there makes it even more difficult to move 2022; (and of course, Blatter was actually sympathetic to the US hosting 2022 but he got outvoted by FOUR fools in the Executive Committee.

2. moving 2022 out of Qatar will impact what? 80-90,000 Nepalese, Pakistani and Bangladeshi workers who could use the money they are paid -- but will be out of jobs if 2022 is moved out of Qatar.

So, in effect, whether Ali wins and replaces Blatter or not, 2022 will stay in Qatar and FIFA is still a fucked-up organization. And I really don't understand how the 3rd world (Asia and Africa) still have that 3rd world mentality? How can they feel so indebted to Septic Bladder?? Really a sad affair for world football.

^^ You forgot Latin America. They're the kings of third world mentality on this aspect, suiciding or humilliating in public their team and players if they don't win and take the sport way too seriously. I'm not surprised at all most of the corruption came from this region.

http://t.co/lRF9wAMVUf

Meanwhile, two females interrupt the FIFA Congress protesting in favor of banning Israel from FIFA due to last year attack to Palestine. As if Blatter didn't had enough embarassing moments already.

http://t.co/8iEdtlzWjS

Well we all know now how Korea made it this far in 2002. ._. Remember that controversial Spain vs Korea match were Al Gandhour literally stole Spain from its victory? One of the arrested guys in FIFA was the one who put him as the referee. I wouldn't be surprised if the referee of Korea vs Italy was also fixed.

I don't know who will get the 2022 WC on an hypotetic case they take it away from Qatar. i just hope Korea doesn't wins.

I'm definitely with you on this on all counts to also avoiding the American political conspiracy accusations that Putin declares. It has a tremendous record in hosting numerous large-scale international sports events. Let's zero in on 2022 and strip Qatar the hosting of it. Other forces, despite assurances from the Qatari organizers to the contrary like cooling outdoor stadium technology, would surely work against it. That, as Runningrings notes, there would be serious concerns about keeping it in Asia. South Korea as solo hosts would be nice compromise to have as the second that continent would host it as a nation with solid World Cup experience; some people as he says would start thinking the USA is doing this in starting with the investigations and stings so it wants to host the World Cup that year because they're still sore losers from that in their view. But I still like to see the USA; Sunil Gulati and Co. should NEVER have lost to the Qataris.

Been wondering about Issa Hayatou and his role. Surely he had involvement dating back to the meeting in Luanda, Angola voting for Qatar as noted in the E:60 Reports program.

Michel Platini is the latest to call for Blatter to go. Blatter would go from FIFA over his dead body. Oh this going to be so fun to see all this unfold:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/blatter-refuses-to-stand-down-after-platini-calls-for-him-to-quit-362245

It would be harder to take the WC from Qatar than Russia. Not sure if this has made the rounds yet, but, the USA is backing Prince Ali. Not much being said right now though about what CONMEBOL might do.

Archived