Sign in to follow this  
runningrings

Tokyo 2020 official logo

I doubt that this is it, as if nothing else, it's missing the red dot, which I would've expected between the Tokyo & the 2020 like in the bid logo at the very least. It's pretty nice, but I'm not sure what the shape is meant to be.

Does your 'source' (Like Rob, I have doubts) explain the shape? I guess it'd fold up to make something, but in flat form it does look like a (highly stylised) image of Britain.

If anyone was actually concerned, here's the source http://lindsayhapp.com/identity.html

I remember reading the statement when they announced the contest that you couldn't release the logo to the public on your own before the actual TOCOG release, so this is for sure not it.

Plus 8 is it? Interesting, I thought there'd be a time zone boundary between China & Japan.

Are you allowing for Japan not having Daylight Saving Time (i.e. 9 hours ahead of GMT, but 8 ahead of BST)?

• Like 1

24, July

18:45-19:50 announcement ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 official emblem

7pm Tokyo so that'll be 10am UK if my thoughts are right :)

As yusuke said, the ceremony will start at 18:45 pm. I have already confirmed. Don't miss it! B)

Really excited, since we'll also be getting the font and a hint towards the look of the games.

Also with the Rio video, I wonder if Tokyo's will also work in both 2D and 3D...

I believe it will not be in 3D. Japan already has a long tradition in using 2D logos that make reference to his flag. They will be able to make something beautiful and simple at the same time.

Well I just got up and I'm already excited! Not too much longer now...