Tokyo 2020 official logo

It's not me. It is kind of inspired though. My gut tells me krow may have a hand in it - but would he put in this much effort when he rarely posts more than once a day??

You guys better quit this crap now before me or one of the other mods puts an end to this.

You have to admit is it kind of impossible to look away... I haven't had an enemy in a while. Let's see where they take it.

Was just having a look around on various design forums to see if there were many comments on the logo.

Found this one, hadn't really noticed the 2

Thank you so much for this. It just confirms what I have been saying. Tokyo 2020 is the BEST Logo since Barcelona 1992. It is SUPERLATIVE!

I was standing in the front row and watched the emblem unveiled. 4 days have passed but it never grows on me...I really dislike it. Black is unlucky color and the central column is like mourning band. Very abstract and difficult to understand what Kenjiro Sano tries to express for 2020 unless I have explanation. Choice of colors is very common when someone tries to represent "Japan". Not refreshing and I'm still very disappointed.

Then, if the logo has affected you in this way, then it has brilliantly done what it is supposed to do - Push you out of the box to think of the future - Tomorrow, and how humans are mover closer to the Truth. Tokyo. Tomorrow. Team. Together. TRUTH. Twenty-Twenty.

Then, if the logo has affected you in this way, then it has brilliantly done what it is supposed to do - Push you out of the box to think of the future - Tomorrow, and how humans are mover closer to the Truth. Tokyo. Tomorrow. Team. Together. TRUTH. Twenty-Twenty.

I'm confused now if a pure japanese member can't like the logo than i'm even more confused how you could like it especially the tokyo part of the logo and i'm never see how it connected to tokyo so do you dare to explain it to me?

Olympic organizers see no problem with emblem

Organizers of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics say they see no problem with the emblems, despite them becoming a target of criticism. The recently-disclosed designs have been criticized for being very similar to those created by other designers.

The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games unveiled the emblems last Friday.

But a Belgian-based designer claimed this week that the emblem closely resembles a logo he created for a theater in Belgium 2 years ago.

Other critics say the emblem reminds them of a design created by a Spanish company to solicit donations for northern Japan after the 2011 disaster there.

The Tokyo Organising Committee said it spent a long time checking trademarks across the world before making a formal decision on the emblems.

The committee says it believes there's no problem with the emblems as it has gained approval from the International Olympic Committee.

IOC spokesperson Mark Adams says it's not the first time for an Olympic emblem to face opposition.

He said that many people criticized the emblem for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

Organizers of the Tokyo Olympics selected the emblems from 104 entries in a design competition. Individual designers who have won more than one prize were eligible to enter the contest.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20150730_22.html

I think it's simply a coincidence, being they both are meant to convey the "T" in a simple way.

They are both trying to convey more than a "T".

The weird thing is, the theatre logo didn't need the curves in the corner triangles, because it wasn't trying to hint at a figure 2. Tokyo just got really unlucky.