Tokyo 2020 official logo

I know much has been made of the font used for the Tokyo 2020 logo, but I wonder, are we just being spoilt by the more customised font stylings of Sydney, Beijing, London, Torino and co.

Is it really any more stock standard than the pretty uninspiring fonts of Barcelona, Lillehammer or even Atlanta?

It's certainly an improvement over the Pyeongchang font.

I think the bigger problem for me is that it's aligned perfectly with the logo. It doesn't break out, leading to a lack of dynamism.

I know much has been made of the font used for the Tokyo 2020 logo, but I wonder, are we just being spoilt by the more customised font stylings of Sydney, Beijing, London, Torino and co.

Is it really any more stock standard than the pretty uninspiring fonts of Barcelona, Lillehammer or even Atlanta?

It's certainly an improvement over the Pyeongchang font.

I think the bigger problem for me is that it's aligned perfectly with the logo. It doesn't break out, leading to a lack of dynamism.

At least in Barcelona's case their overall branding was fantastic. Same could arguably said for Atlanta. In Tokyo's case, I don't see this color lending well to overall branding and marketing unless they change up colors.

That logo works for the theatre. I see the T, D, and L. For Tokyo's logo, though, I don't see why it needs an extra mark on the bottom right, other than for aesthetic purposes,

I think it's supposed to outline the larger circle within the emblem that represents the world or something like that.

I think it's supposed to outline the larger circle within the emblem that represents the world or something like that.

Oh , see. And the red dot can represent Japan on the world map (or something like that)? Even though it's too high...

The logo video made the dot as a beating heart so it could be that too

I was thinking that for the look of the games the logo could appear as one solid color that matches the color or colors chosen for that venue, but the sun remains red throughout. The designs themselves I can't think of. They could stay with geometric shapes like my signature and make them one color (not limited to black, gold, silver, or red btw) or go with something completely different.

I was standing in the front row and watched the emblem unveiled. 4 days have passed but it never grows on me...I really dislike it. Black is unlucky color and the central column is like mourning band. Very abstract and difficult to understand what Kenjiro Sano tries to express for 2020 unless I have explanation. Choice of colors is very common when someone tries to represent "Japan". Not refreshing and I'm still very disappointed.

• Like 1

That'snotmypuppy Should Be Banned From GamesBids.com For Calling Me A Troll That Hurts My Feelings, That Upsets Me Cause He Said That I Troll Everybody, But I Didn't.

TeamBlakeUSA, I am very sorry for your hurt feelings or whatever, but there is a little thing called Private Messaging which you can use for these dramas, instead of ruining our thread. Thank you.

Also, oh my god. The Liege logo really does look like the Tokyo one. Although i'm pretty sure its just a coincidence.

No, No, No & No! Stop You Won't Get Away From Me. You Don't Belong In The USA. I'm Trying To Do My Post For Topics And Threads To My Friends, And Then You're Posting Mean Comments On My Posts.

Stop Calling Me A Troll!

I Had A Rough Day Because of You thatsnotmypuppy!