Tokyo 2020 official logo

Yeah, alright then. I don't mind elements "representing" things or having a backstory that needs explanation IF the design works in its own right without it all. Such explanation should be the cherry on top of the cake, not the cake itself.

Wish I could get more excited about this logo.

:mellow:

I think this logo might be suffering of the same issues the Glasgow 2014 had, now that I look back at it. Both had the capital letter of their countries, both felt a bit corporate-like and also had a design which had to be explained on a detailed form in order to understand its meaning. However that doesn't fully mean we're in front of a terrible logo. Just that it has some issues transmiting its message.

• Like 1

I think this logo might be suffering of the same issues the Glasgow 2014 had, now that I look back at it. Both had the capital letter of their countries, both felt a bit corporate-like and also had a design which had to be explained on a detailed form in order to understand its meaning. However that doesn't fully mean we're in front of a terrible logo. Just that it has some issues transmiting its message.

I don't even remember what the Glasgow logo is/was. Some sort of "G"? This is one of the most underwhelming logos put out. Quite a disappointment from their brilliant Bid logos. And the black tower -- WHATEVER its stupid meaning, is a total visual killer.

If you go on their website and to the emblem page and scroll down, you get a good amount of detail about what they did and why.

If you can just imagine this Banner as the official look of the games, It'll be stunning!!!!!!!!! Every country cannot and SHOULD not attempt to try what the Japanese have done.

Stop with the bullsh*t already, OK?

Lol, what? We let you whine and complain about everything, but if someone doesn't agree with your opinion you throw a hissy fit like a little girl? And you call yourself an adult?

Really, like i said in other post, people like you is what making me like "atrocities" like the London logo (i never thought i would say this). Keep living in the past or whatever.

It's very dated looking, isn't it? The 64 logo looks much more contemporary than this one.

It's interesting that Rio and Tokyo have played it so safe. It's almost as if they were really frightened by the way London ditched the old formula and the negative reaction to that.

I still adore London's insistence to create a branded mark and contain all the elements within itself. These formulaic emblem-over-city-over-rings logos have all looked boring since.

• Like 1

OMG! This logo gets to be offensive to Rio that did that once vibrant, full of color, movement, meaning, creativity and innovation. It will be really hard to put the two logos one next to each other. As the IOC approved a thing? Please ...

I had woken up at 6 am to see the logo, slept and when I woke up again I thought I'd had a nightmare.

I dont know if is the japense culture, but the people seems a bit people seem a little disappointed and shocked when the logos was reveled..

If they do it like that it will struggle. I suspect they'll choose to use lighter greys than that (I assume that image is something you made not official).

I converted the official image to monochrome, found that the 'sun' on the paralympic logo disappeared almost entirely, and tweaked both 'suns' to be about half-way between the dark shade of the bars and the light shade of the bottom-right corner.

Here's the full info about them https://tokyo2020.jp/en/emblem/ as well for the long version of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3s6fxIFTH0

Well, my prediction was sort of true. Remember when I said some pages ago the logo would be based on the letter T (because its also the emblem of the Tokyo municipality) ?

Is the song running in the background Tokyo 2020's theme song for now? :I can't find it anywhere. I really like it.

• Like 2

It's very dated looking, isn't it? The 64 logo looks much more contemporary than this one.

It's interesting that Rio and Tokyo have played it so safe. It's almost as if they were really frightened by the way London ditched the old formula and the negative reaction to that.

I still adore London's insistence to create a branded mark and contain all the elements within itself. These formulaic emblem-over-city-over-rings logos have all looked boring since.

London's Logo was, for me, a train wreck. It seemed "lost" and chaotic. Would someone be so kind as to put up the London Logo beside the Tokyo one? The superiority of the latter becomes undeniably evident.