No 2016 Tickets for fans from India

They don't care -- except for field hockey...for which they know they can get tickets at the gate. Indians are oblivious to the Olympic Games.

Extraordinary! Who would have thought one man could know the tastes of one and a quarter BILLION people. Every one of them.

• Like 3

I havee talked with some Indians here in Brazil, and many of them dont follow the Olympic Games and dont know Rio/Brazil will host this event in 2016. Indians are addicted to cricket and dont have a good performance in the number of medals. I believe this will not be missed for them.

• Like 1

I sat in front of a couple of people from India at judo in Atlanta. They spent the whole session kicking the back of my seat and whining about NBCs coverage. I'm sure they are all not that way, but it was annoying to no end.

Generally speaking, Indian subcontinent has little interest and effort for many international sport events (Beside cricket, field hockey and shooting). So, unless for national pride, I guess we won't see Olympic Games in India soon.

I sat in front of a couple of people from India at judo in Atlanta. They spent the whole session kicking the back of my seat and whining about NBCs coverage. I'm sure they are all not that way, but it was annoying to no end.

This was in Atlanta during the Olympics right?

Well we have a large community of Indians and Pakistani in Houston that we have a district officially named after Mahatma Gandhi. And while I can't say what they're like in their own country, right here in Houston the majority of them are extremely isolated, only socialize with their own kind and often don't embrace anything outside of their culture, except when it comes to their kids though they let them have a bit of American culture. While I always think everyone should hold on to their roots and enjoy things that are a part of their own culture, I also believe people should consider embracing other cultures, especially if you plan on living in an entirely new country. If you're not going to enjoy what your new country has to offer you, then don't bother coming here.