This Bid has got me really interested over the past few weeks. However, researching on it was extremely difficult, there is like nothing about this Bid that exists apart from:

This Wikipedia Page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg_bid_for_the_1994_Winter_Olympics

And I believe a picture of the Mascot Neptune:

ms1994b1.jpg

It's interesting since Saint Petersburg (Leningrad) hosted the Goodwill Games in 1994 too. I wanted to know if Candidature Files or Bid Related Materials were published since the Wikipedia Page shows parts of the Venue Plan but does not tell the source e.e

I did some research and found they intended to Bid for the 1996 Winter Olympics, So this kinda shows the Bid was considered back when Winter and Summer OGs were held in the same year. I also found out that they Leningrad 1996 Olympic Committee met with the Committee of Anchorage 1992 basically saying that they will support their bid if they support Leningrad's for 1996.

It makes sense that the USSR would have had its designs on the 1996 Winter Olympics following the success of their Yugoslavian 'soft' rivals in 84.

Perhaps if the IOC losens the belt we might see cities like St.P and Stockholm host the Winter Games.

I have seen some pictures of the proposed venues, but I can not remember where.

Were they Renders? That would be interesting! I would imagine Kirov Stadium being the Centerpiece of the Venue Plan whilst the Lenin Sports and Concert Complex hosted a few events.