Olympians in The Amazing Race

Is anyone watching this season of The Amazing Race US? I was going to skip it because of the couples/blind date twist but I said screw it and got caught up today. Didn't notice this until today but Alyson Dudek, Bronze medalist at the 2010 Vancouver WOG for short track speed skating, and Steve Langton, bronze medalist at the 2014 Sochi WOG for 2-man and 4-man bobsledding, are dating and competing. They're not doing too bad so far.

Some people on facebook weren't too happy that one of the challenges they did was pretty much in their element and was meant for them to win, but the thing is if you've ever watched any past seasons the challenges always favor at least one person in the whole competition. It's not like the whole season is rigged for one team to win. Here's the challenge they did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THpZk9tiwTA

Two female Canadian gold medal winning hockey players were on the last Amazing Race Canada. They had a hockey skills test on one leg and basically fucked it up. Thus the perceived advantage doesn't always play out that way.

True. Although they're both WOG athletes, he's a bobsledder and doesn't specialize in skating, but does specialize in pushing. She is a speed skater, but she doesn't do it while pushing around a 250 hotass behemoth! Although they did succeed at the first attempt and beat the time required by 25 seconds, they still didn't win first in the leg. And good to know other countries still do The Amazing Race. It seemed the popularity died down a bit in many countries that used to have their own version.

*250lb hotass behemoth.

Well, the two (male) gay couples didn't come out ahead in the Lady-boy drag competition. In fact, one of them (Harley from Boys in the...) was dead last in arriving at the end of last week's episode.

Either this is one of your "facetious" moments or you really are ignorant when it comes to how homosexuality works and you're not really paying all that much attention to the show.

Jon (who is the one who's from New Kids On The Block) and Harley his boyfriend both came in last because they were a couple of hours behind the rest of the competition. They got the worst flight tickets and weren't able to leave until the next morning unlike everyone else who left the night before.

Also even though this competition involved getting into a dress and makeup, ultimately choreography is what determined whether the teams get their clue. Being gay doesn't give you an advantage in a drag show because not all gay men, including me, have ever participated in drag nor do they know the first thing about women's clothing and makeup.

I'll watch the show the way I want to and how to interpret it.

This isn't poetry or a painting you're watching that is left for the viewer to interpret as is. The fact is that the 2 gay couples not doing so well in the drag show was not because of, or in spite of, their sexuality. Yes you are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

And if you don't want my "phucking" lecture you can always not read them. You should take your own advice when you tell people not to read your comments if they don't like them.

And I am "chill" for the most part whenever you are not making a racist, homophobic, and/or bigoted comment. If you think I'm out to attack you every time you post you are severely mistaken.

And I am "chill" for the most part whenever you are not making a racist, homophobic, and/or bigoted comment. If you think I'm out to attack you every time you post you are severely mistaken.

Really? Sure fooled me. And who are you to lecture me?

Get off your high horse or get lost.

Edited by baron-pierreIV