• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Very frustrating first stint mistakes denied us the race we should've seen at the front but Rosberg was perfect. He might well have had the race covered anyway even if Hamilton emerged 5 secs behind him in second after the first pit stops as should've been the case.

Intruiging if not exciting GP.

• 2 weeks later...
Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes driver signs new deal with team

Lewis Hamilton has signed a new three-year contract at Mercedes.

The 30-year-old Briton has been with the team since 2013 after six years at McLaren and won his second world title last year.

"Mercedes is my home and I couldn't be happier to be staying here for another three years," he said.

Hamilton leads team-mate Nico Rosberg by 20 points in the current championship after winning three of the first five races of the season.

Since joining Mercedes, Hamilton - who won his first world title with McLaren in 2008 - has won 15 races, 11 of those coming as he beat Rosberg to the 2014 title.

"The Mercedes car I am driving right now is the best I have ever had in my career," he added.

"It's just so much fun to be out there every weekend, on the limit and fighting to win at every track."

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff said: "Lewis enjoyed an historic world championship season with Mercedes-Benz last year and it was a priority for this season to renew his contract for the next term.

"Lewis' sporting track record speaks for itself and he is a great personality for the company.

"Personally, I am looking forward to continuing to race with the strongest driver pairing in Formula 1 and to more historic achievements together."

BBC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/32812577

Carlos Sainz Jr forced to start F1 Monaco GP from pitlane

Carlos Sainz Jr will start the Monaco Grand Prix from the pitlane after failing to stop at the weighbridge during Formula 1 qualifying.

Sainz qualified eighth in his Toro Rosso, but he now faces an arduous race from the back after being penalised by the FIA stewards for his indiscretion.

A statement read: "The driver failed to stop for weighing during Q1 when signalled to do so by the red traffic light.

"The car was not returned to the FIA garage and work was undertaken.

"In accordance with article 26.1 (iv) of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations the driver is required to start from the pit lane."

Sainz, speaking ahead of being called to the stewards along with a team representative, said: "The red light on the entry to the pit lane is in a place where I cannot see it.

"I saw it late, but then the next time I stopped at the weighbridge and it was fine.

"They should change the position of the light, to be honest, because I didn't see it."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119129

• 2 weeks later...

Canada Qualifying

1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m14.393s - 2 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m14.702s 0.309s 3 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m15.014s 0.621s 4 Valtteri Bottas Williams/Mercedes 1m15.102s 0.709s 5 Romain Grosjean Lotus/Mercedes 1m15.194s 0.801s 6 Pastor Maldonado Lotus/Mercedes 1m15.329s 0.936s 7 Nico Hulkenberg Force India/Mercedes 1m15.614s 1.221s 8 Daniil Kvyat Red Bull/Renault 1m16.079s 1.686s 9 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull/Renault 1m16.114s 1.721s 10 Sergio Perez Force India/Mercedes 1m16.338s 1.945s 11 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso/Renault 1m16.042s - 12 Marcus Ericsson Sauber/Ferrari 1m16.262s - 13 Fernando Alonso McLaren/Honda 1m16.276s - 14 Felipe Nasr Sauber/Ferrari 1m16.620s - 15 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1m17.344s - 16 Felipe Massa Williams/Mercedes 1m17.886s - 17 Roberto Merhi Marussia/Ferrari 1m19.133s - 18 Will Stevens Marussia/Ferrari 1m19.157s - 19 Max Verstappen Toro Rosso/Renault 1m16.245s - 20 Jenson Button McLaren/Honda - -

Amended starting grid for the Grand Prix du Canada after penalties applied.

Pos Driver Team 1 Hamilton Mercedes 2 Rosberg Mercedes 3 Raikkonen Ferrari 4 Bottas Williams 5 Grosjean Lotus 6 Maldonado Lotus 7 Hulkenberg Force India 8 Kvyat Red Bull 9 Ricciardo Red Bull 10 Perez Force India 11 Sainz Toro Rosso 12 Ericsson Sauber 13 Alonso McLaren 14 Nasr Sauber 15 Massa Williams 16 Merhi Marussia 17 Stevens Marussia 18 Vettel Ferrari 19 Verstappen Toro Rosso 20 Button McLaren

Car 22 (Button) permitted to start as the driver has set satisfactory times in practice at this event.

Car 33 (Verstappen) - 5 place grid penalty for causing a collision (Monaco).
Car 33 (Verstappen) - 10 place grid penalty as first time a fifth power unit element has been used.
Car 5 (Vettel) - 5 place grid penalty for overtaking under red flag in FP3.

Note:

As Verstappen qualified 12th and a five grid place penalty from the Monaco GP has already been imposed, only 2 places of the ten grid place penalty can be applied. Therefore, in accordance with Article 28.4 c) of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations the remainder of the ten grid position penalty will be taken as a 10s time penalty (Article 16.3)

http://www.pitpass.com/54037/Canada-GP-Starting-Grid

• 2 weeks later...

Archived