Oscars are on tomorrow night!

LatinXTC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another mistake in Foreign. Leviathan was both the superior film and a much more meaningful statement to award it.

I'm argentine so I was rooting for our movie, but anyway I agree with you, Leviathan was a bit more interesting to watch (even though for me it's a bit too long) than Ida. Anyway, the difference isn't big, so it's ok for me.

Disney also took another one for Feast so double win for them! And lol @ the joke NPH made about The Lego Movie:

"If you're hanging out with the producers of The Lego Movie, now is a good time to distract them."

And fingers crossed that Best Sound Editing is the only thing American Sniper wins.

The power of Disney. First time Disney has won consecutively

Disney also took another one for Feast so double win for them! And lol @ the joke NPH made about The Lego Movie:

"If you're hanging out with the producers of The Lego Movie, now is a good time to distract them."

And fingers crossed that Best Sound Editing is the only thing American Sniper wins.

I think Actor is going to be interesting. Cooper is a 3-time nominee consecutively. That might be enough to see him win in a tight 3-war race.

The power of Disney. First time Disney has won consecutively

I think Actor is going to be interesting. Cooper is a 3-time nominee consecutively. That might be enough to see him win in a tight 3-war race.

As in both the short and long animated feature films? Yes.

As far as the long films themselves? Actually yes since Frozen and Big Hero 6 were both produced by Disney Animated Studios and not Disney Pixar. Still, next year will be a touch one as 2 Disney Pixar films are scheduled for release.

And crossing my fingers that Michael Keaton wins! Being nominated consecutively seems to hurt people more than help them I think.

Best Doco Feature - CitizenFour

Anyone notice that Clint Eastwood did not clap after the woman from the Citizen Four finished giving her speech praising whistleblowers? I think the miserable bastard should just pull an Eddie Murphy and just leave now if he can't take all the liberalism lol.

I'm happy! American Sniper won none of the bigger awards, just one for Sound Mixing!

Ooh and did you hear the joke Sean Penn made before announcing Birdman as the winner for Best Picture? His exact words were "Who gave this son of a b***h his green card?" I thought it was amusing but a bit harsh for this type of show. Well social media is going nuts over it, but in researching Sean and Alejandro, director of Birdman, have been friends for years, so he definitely didn't mean it with malice. I guess he just failed to consider his crowd and platform before making that comment. Either way good job Birdman! I'm upset Michael Keaton didn't win but I'm glad Bradley Cooper didn't!

Archived