Russia 2018 World Cup - Qualification

Ireland 1-5 Denmark (agg 1-5)

Denmark becomes the last european team to qualify for the World Cup

Only two spots left now in the intercontinental play-offs

Qualified Teams: Russia, Brazil, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Belgium, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Germany, England, Spain, Nigeria, Costa Rica, Poland, Egypt, Iceland, Serbia, Portugal, France, Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina, Panama, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Switzerland, Croatia, Sweden and Denmark

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confusion for me between Dominica and Dominican Republic. I thought it was the same country. Yes, not in Toronto. I realised that just affer I posted my message. The game in Toronto will be next thu

Europe's Group A is brutal. Also, still really disappointed in how dependent on luck Europe's and Africa's qualification systems are.

When you are bragging about beating Guatamala, it might as well be over. We suck.

Very interesting idea proposed: US Soccer exploring into this NIT/CBI-like alternative soccer tournament with the USA, Italy, Ghana, The Netherlands, Chile, and maybe Ireland and Jamaica and maybe others. Better not schedule during the FIFA affair because the world's mainstream sports attention will obviously be elsewhere--planned prior to the World Cup in Russia. And we likely won't get other nations' stars like Buffon, which would hurt attendance. Why would he go out in an "inferior" second class outlet that's not the real thing? Could give younger players, who largely lack the Q rating to the public, some tournament experience on the other hand:

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/3269935/us-soccer-exploring-pre-world-cup-matches-with-netherlands-italy

Australia through to the World Cup!

Australia 3-1 Honduras (agg 3-1)

Qualified Teams: Russia, Brazil, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Belgium, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Germany, England, Spain, Nigeria, Costa Rica, Poland, Egypt, Iceland, Serbia, Portugal, France, Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina, Panama, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Switzerland, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark and Australia

One more nation to go for entry in about two hours or so! Between New Zealand and Peru in Lima at National Stadium. Like to see the All Whites get in again, but Lima perhaps has high altitude like with Mexico City might make it difficult for them. Peru is hungry after a very lengthy WC drought. Watching a Peruvian live stream as I write this.

Good on ya, Socceroos! With the USA shamefully out, you'll be my top World Cup nation I'll root for in Russia. Just qualify the easier way next time for Qatar.

More Arab teams in Russia this time than in recent World Cup memory than with many Sub-Saharan African teams being sidelined. Interesting this time.

• 2 months later...
On 16.11.2017 at 2:39 AM, Durban Sandshark said:

One more nation to go for entry in about two hours or so! Between New Zealand and Peru in Lima at National Stadium. Like to see the All Whites get in again, but Lima perhaps has high altitude like with Mexico City might make it difficult for them. Peru is hungry after a very lengthy WC drought. Watching a Peruvian live stream as I write this.

Lima is at the coast, it has zero altitude.