NBC, the hapless Olympic network, in a bind again . . .

over their fictional content vs. real-life events.

Tonight, it unveils a new drama, ALLEGIANCE, with a scene showing the old Soviet military spy apparatus, the SVR, feeding one of their own (double) agents live, into a furnace, as a lesson for other would-be double agents. This incident though is based on real-life (I sort of read the book which mentioned it) -- but I am sure it will be difficult to watch for those already desensitized by the savage, barbaric murder of the Jordanian pilot.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/allegiance-opening-scene-burned-alive-isis-execution-1201366008/

Poor NBC. They sure pick the doozies. Who will watch the show tonight? (It sound like another version of FX's "The Americans."

If this isn't a story directly relating to the actual Olympics movement then the topic is not in the right section. This is me creating a topic on ebay screwing up an order of DVDs and putting it in an Olympic discussion section just because ebay has sellers who sell Olympic memorabilia.

*this is like me creating...

Does it need more? :rolleyes:

Am merely pointing out that even off-Oly season, NBC seems plagued by a lot of bad-timing plays. That's all. B)

When you say bad-timing plays (plays being plural).. do you have another example or 2 to point out? Or is this just 1 isolated incident in the 23 out of every 24 months that constitute the off-Oly season?

When you say bad-timing plays (plays being plural).. do you have another example or 2 to point out? Or is this just 1 isolated incident in the 23 out of every 24 months that constitute the off-Oly season?

I know there's one more -- but I can't think of it right now. And am too busy w/ other more important things right now to look it up.

lol this is like the time baron asked a question and when someone provided an answer he refused to read it and then wondered aloud that no one could answer his question.

lol omg I want to see this! Perhaps he had him ignored and couldn't see his answer? Anyone have a link to this???

Archived