vote for the gamesbids A list!

krow

18 members have voted

1. 1. is this the worst idea i've ever had?

• yeah
    • no, you've had way worse

as leader of the most popular lunch table clique at this high school, i considered just telling you who was on the gamesbids A list and who were lesser satellites orbiting like rocky, baron moons around our brilliance, whose importance waxes and wanes cyclically -- and also, who were annoying, barely noticeable pests like so many gnats in your face after a twilight game of flag football by the lake.

but i like to give you the impression that this cheerocracy is a democracy so i've decided to let you vote, eurovision style, for your favorite GB members -- the official gamesbids A list. the winners, the top 10 (the number of american idol finalists that get to go on tour for that sweet, sweet six figure check -- love you ramiele malubay!), will be on the A list. then you get the B list, C list, D list etc. you don't need me to tell you where the B list ends and the C list begins and all that. it'll be pretty obvious, i promise.

if you don't want your vote public because of vicious, vicious drama or you're too canadian or something, you can PM it to me. if you don't want to PM it to me because you think i'm just going to tell everyone your votes the next time i get drunk, you can PM your votes to sir rols and he will pass it along to me without your name.

(i haven't, like, cleared this with rols or anything, but he'll probably do it 'cause he's got the time. he likes to be put upon. it makes him feel useful, and i like to make people feel better about themselves when i'm not making fun of faster)

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS: you give one member 12 pts, the next 10, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points. totals will be added with my shitty windows 8 light blue calculator and we will have an A list. pecking orders will be established. your feelings will probably get hurt, unless you're CAF because then you will have won and even i will have to concede an equal if not a superior.

ALSO ROLS will you like do all the math and basically run this thing for me if i forget or think this is stupid when i wake up tomorrow? no, no i'll do it i guess but i need someone reliable and organized. i'm an IDEAS person.

and i guess you can read all this and not vote or whatever, but it's your loss because the A list is happening whether you like it or not and even if you go "oh whatever this is sooo dumb and my name is quaker2001" you'll still be aware of the A list and psychologically, on some level, it will still color your view and interactions with the members of this site, and everyone else's with yours, like, scientifically or something. so, just throwing that out there.

you don't have to do all the points if you get bored or you forget or you're paying more attention to a roseanne rerun or something. YOU CAN VOTE FOR YOURSELF BUT IT'S TACKY AS HELL. unless you do it anonymously but then rols will still know. i can't tell you your strategy on this thing.

i will go first

12 points - rob (effortless A lister)

10 points - thatsnotmypuppy

8 points - rols (thx for running this comp, btw. should have put you higher.)

6 points - michelle (idc if she never logs in again, this girl is A list)

5 points - the tower bridge fox (well someone's gotta vote for him)

4 points - FYI

3 points - CAF

2 points - michael warren (i will never forget the magical week we spent together in sochi in my head)

1 point - me :) tacky!

0 points - faster :(

Hmm. Tricky. Do you go with the crowd pleasers? Do you include those long departed?

I'll try to do both.

12 points - krow - who else but my master in lame, lame crime. You make me a better me.

10 points - CAF - a wonder of a man.

8 points - rols - really - numbers two and three are totally interchangeable on any given day.

6 points - Mr X - sadly as much as I loathed the kid I have some respect for the man. This place could also have gone to our other dearly departed - vol or maxiu.

5 points - Baron PdC IV - right or wrong he is GamesBids most of the time.

4 points - JawnBC - one of the few GBidders I have met and especially leading into Van2010 one of the all time best. He let me touch his torch...

3 points - Michelle - sassy broad.

2 points - Rob - had to squeeze you in somewhere. Sorry it is so low.

1 point - Bethnal Green - yeah the bottom three are pretty much interchangeable as well. Just be happy you made the list.

0 points - Darcy - just these past few weeks you have gone from mildly interesting to a chore.

Also shout outs to Faster, DannyelBrazil, AlexJC, Scotguy, Rob and Mainad.

ALSO ROLS will you like do all the math and basically run this thing for me if i forget or think this is stupid when i wake up tomorrow? no, no i'll do it i guess but i need someone reliable and organized. i'm an IDEAS person.

What makes you think I actually count them all? Okay, I did tally up all those bloody Eurovision style votes for the 2022 comp, and am now totally spreadsheet-averse because of it, but I long since gave up checking if people votes more than three times in those multiple choice rounds.

Anyway, okay, I'll play. What do we have, ten to nominate?

12 points - Rob. Balanced, thoughtful, calm. A true asset to the board.

The following three could be in any order:

10 points - Thatsnotmypuppy. See Rob above. Well, pups is the opposite. But the board NEEDS the puppy anarchism.

8 points - Krow. Been the wittiest poster here for a while. Single handedly carried it through much of last year.

6 points - baron-pierreIV. Whether he's infuriating new members, trolling old ones, feeding us ceremonies or general games trivia, well, as Puppy said, he IS part of the very fabric of GBids. I remember LA84's summation of the baron after their first flatmate - Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

The next three also can be in any order. And would have been higher but, like me, aren't posting as much these days as they used to:

5 points - CAF. He leads this section because he's the best friend I've made on this board.

4 points - Faster. Another good mate here.

2 points - Michelle. Had to get a girl in here, and Michelle's just pure gold whenever she posts. It's a good day to check the new posts when you know she's been around.

So, one more left? So many that deserve mention - Olympian 2004, Scotguy, Bethnal Green, Davey, Quaker, FYI, Paul, Yoshi, Stefan, Mattygs, Gotosy et al. But I'll nominate:

1 point - DannyelBrazil. I'm expecting equal parts outrage, defensiveness and pride as he becomes one of our most prolific posters over the next 18 months on the Road to Rio.

and...

0 points - Tony E Loves Architecture. What can you say? He was far and above the most talked about person on the board in the past year. Has to count for something.

And a mention to some of our dear departed ones who left a lasting legacy here: LA84, Mr X and Cordelia. I'd include Maxiu, but he was before my time.

you know who's D list and just awful? that yoshi thing that keeps posting here. oh my god if he isn't just about the worst thing on the planet. i ignored him aaaages ago and it's still so revolting when i have to scroll past one of his posts. what a loser. did you ever read his lame status updates? so clueless.

and seriously does anyone -- anyone, just freaking anyone -- get that whole red yoshi, soyoshi ****? no? i didn't think so. i can't believe i wasted my 0 points on faster whose posts i actually read cause i'm always on the market for new material. i can take tony e. i can take darcy on rare occasion. yoshi just makes me criminally insane because i don't think he's very bright but he can't stop posting like he is. baffling. i can't even make fun of yoshi. just too sad and it's best not to encourage it.

12 points - Vitor Mata - the most sensate poster around (and of course, I'll vote for a Brazilian in the top since I'm defensive, pride and some other adjectives Rols pointed before) :P

10 points - Rols - Not needed to explain why (he could had get first place in my list, but...)

8 points - Tony E. Whatever Archtecture - An antagonist needs to be top-3! B)

6 points - CAF - This guy is amazing in all senses.

5 points - LDOG, he is Argentine but I like him and his posts.

4 points - Baron - Fair and balanced just like Fox News Channel.

3 points - Palette - She posts a lot of signatures with a mascot costume - she have my respect

2 points - whooitsme83 - Good poster

1 point - Ikarus - Despite bad attitude during the World Cup, nice guy, interesting and relevant posts

0 points - Why give somebody 0 ponts???

12 Points = Rob. A good friend on here, supported me and has given me advice and helped me ever since I joined here.

10 Points = CAF. Again, a good friend on here, supported me and has given me advice and helped me ever since I joined here.

8 Points = Yoshi. Good friend, Arsenal supporter like me and helps me.

6 Points = Sir Rols. Despite him distancing himself from me a bit lately, he is a genuine nice person on here.

5 Points = Daveypodmore. Good person, helped me a lot.

4 Points = Dannyelbrazil. Despite our differences and our arguments, he seems like a nice person and is passionate about Brazil like I am with England. Despite our differences, I think his a good person.

3 Points = BaronpierreIV. A good friend, helped me a lot, supported me a lot and I am grateful.

2 Points = Quaker2001. At one point, I thought Quaker2001 was just trying to cause me trouble, I was wrong. He is one of the reasons I have tried to improve lately. He has acknowledged my improvement, so anyone who says I haven't improved is wrong.

1 Point = Stefanmuc. Has given me advice, has tried to help me and for that, I am grateful.

0 Points (Wildcards) = Usa2024Olympics and Ofan. Usa2024Olympics, has started helping me lately. We didn't talk much before, but lately, he has helped me out a lot. Ofan, despite us having lots of arguments, you have acknowledged my improvement before. We have talked on PM before and have had some good conversations.

0 Points (Wildcards) = Usa2024Olympics and Ofan. Usa2024Olympics, has started helping me lately. We didn't talk much before, but lately, he has helped me out a lot. Ofan, despite us having lots of arguments, you have acknowledged my improvement before. We have talked on PM before and have had some good conversations.

Then why the hell do I get 0 points?

Ergh...

12 points - CAF, Stands tall atop Mt Olympus...

Why is there no 11?

10 points - Rob, all round good guy.

9 points - That's Not My Puppy, where would this place be without the silly stuff :wacko:.

8 points - Bethnal Green, now a rare sight but appreciated all the same, not enough tits here.

No 7???

6 points - DannyelBrazil, a great GB host during last year's World Cup and keeping us in the know for next year.

5 points - Baron, yes we've had some dark moments but a constant force on GB always with something for everyone.

4 points - woohooitsme83, another good poster.

3 points - micheal warren, can't wait for his PHD on NZ sports to be published, a great contributor, albeit a quiet one lately.

2 points - Arwebb, quiet these days but looking forward to chatting over the Cricket World Cup in a couple or so weeks.

1 point - runningrings, great to bounce conversation off with.

0 points - ?

2 Points = Quaker2001. At one point, I thought Quaker2001 was just trying to cause me trouble, I was wrong. He is one of the reasons I have tried to improve lately. He has acknowledged my improvement, so anyone who says I haven't improved is wrong.

uhmmmm.. that was a bit unnecessary...

Yes, since when is Quaker the almighty judge of right and wrong?

Ever since Tony appointed him as it apparently.

I feel like Tony is working so hard to gain back respect only to let it slip again with little comments such as those. #Itstheffortthatcounts

#everyonesopinionsmater

#nooffenseQuaker

Archived