• Last Reply

200px-Olympic_rings_without_rims.svg.png

INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

The President

To: the Members of the Gamesbid Olympic Family

For immediate release

London, 23 January 2015

Re: Appointment of new IOC Executive Committee Advisory Member

The International Olympic Committee has the honour and privilege of announcing that phandrosis (Japan) has joined the IOC Executive Committee as an Advisory Member. Compared to many other IOC members, he does not yet hold the level of experience, reputation and sufficiently regular posting record of contribution in order to become a full member of the Executive Committee of the IOC. However, he is being admitted as a non-voting Advisory Member of the IOC Executive Committee. His observations may form part of the Evaluation Reports, and he will fully participate in discussions regarding the Applicant and Candidate Cities. However, he will not have a vote in the selection of bids for the Candidate City Phase.

Amendment to minimum numbers for the IOC Executive

The current IOC Executive consists of the following members and advisory members

• plusbrilliantsexploits (Germany) - President
  • Sir Rols (Australia) - Member
  • Scotguy (New Zealand) - Member
  • Ofan (Canada) - Member
  • Baron Pierre IV (United States) - Member
  • InToronto (Canada) - Member
  • zigzag (Indonesia) - Advisory Member (non-voting)
  • phandrosis (Japan) - Advisory Member (non-voting)

The IOC Executive hereby continues to seek out Members with experience and good standing for two further days. Should the current state of affairs (namely a 6-member executive) remain, then the Executive will be instructed to start work immediately. In the event of any decision within the committee being split 3-3 (or any other stalemate variant), the President shall cast receiving a second, deciding vote to break the deadlock.

The deadline for applying to be a full Member of the Executive Committee is tomorrow (Saturday), 18:00 GMT.

Hi Again

yes, the Squash competetion format was mentioned there. But I still don´t know how many days they will use. Som sport can play 2 matches pr. day, and other don´t. So it is hard for me to find out if I can get the Squash tournament Down to 6-7 days?

And another question. Is it possible for the host to cut one sport, just as it possible to add one?

Hi Again

yes, the Squash competetion format was mentioned there. But I still don´t know how many days they will use. Som sport can play 2 matches pr. day, and other don´t. So it is hard for me to find out if I can get the Squash tournament Down to 6-7 days?

And another question. Is it possible for the host to cut one sport, just as it possible to add one?

Hi,

Well, if there are 32 players, you will have a grand total of

16 matches in the round of 32

8 matches in the round of 16

4 matches in the quarterfinal

2 matches in the semifinal

1 bronze-medal match

1 final

32 matches overall - how you do it is completely up to you. But 6 match days with sufficient rest in between are recommended. I seem to recall stating the the tournament is to start before the Opening Ceremony. So that will help as well. Of course, it also depends on how squash courts you want to offer up. For example, the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow had six courts. Squash matches are played with best of 3 sets in the first three rounds; from semifinal onwards, it will be best of 5 sets. Each set is 15 points, and each won rally (in other words, each won exchange between two players) will be a point (the so-called point-a-rally system, or PARS).

200px-Olympic_rings_without_rims.svg.png

INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

The President

To: the Members of the Gamesbid Olympic Family

For immediate release

London, 24 January 2015

Re: New IOC Executive Committee and call for additional Applicant Cities

The deadline for appointment as an IOC Executive Board member has now expired.

Therefore, the International Olympic Committee has the honour and privilege of announcing that the following IOC members shall be serving on the its Executive Board as Members (with voting rights) and Advisory Members (without voting rights).

• plusbrilliantsexploits (Germany) - President
  • Sir Rols (Australia) - Member
  • Scotguy (New Zealand) - Member
  • Ofan (Canada) - Member
  • Baron Pierre IV (United States) - Member
  • InToronto (Canada) - Member
  • zigzag (Indonesia) - Advisory Member (non-voting)
  • phandrosis (Japan) - Advisory Member (non-voting)

The IOC hereby renews its call to potential Applicant Cities to declare their intention to bid for the 2028 Olympic Games. It further underlines its willingness to actively guide the bidding process for the benefit of the cities concerned.

Additionally, existing Candidate Cities (who have not already done so) are asked to publicly "tease" their bid details (including their logo).

So far, the following Applicant Cities have declared their intention to bid:

• New York City (United States)
  • Paris (France)
  • Melbourne (Australia)
  • Sapporo (Japan)
  • Copenhagen/Malmo (Denmark/Sweden)

The deadline to declare an intention to bid and provide a (maximum) executive summary (of 5 pages max) of one's bid is 6 February 2015. The Executive Board will select the Candidate Cities on 15 February 2015.

The host of the 2028 Olympic Games will be chosen during the IOC Session of 20-22 March 2015 in Vienna (Austria).

ADDENDUM

Due to the membership of the IOC Executive Board consisting of even numbers, an additional, casting vote is conferred upon the President in the event of a deadlock.

Eh what the hell. I'll bite.

If you'll allow two applicants from the same country, I'll chime in with Seattle 2028.

Welcome to the competition!

To make this as realistic as possible, you can definitely run with Seattle 2028. BUT there would be a run-off between you and New York City for passage into the Candidate City stage - with the Executive Board designating one of these two cities.

If you ran with a city in a country that has not yet declared its candidacy, a run-off can be avoided.

Either way: the more, the merrier!

No you haven't.

He actually has, even people like Quaker has said it, but maybe in your eyes he hasn't.

Well, regardless of any personal assessments, the decision has been made - Tony has accepted it. So maybe we should all move on and concentrate on the high-quality bids that will undoubtedly be submitted!

Talking of which, USA2024, how far have you gotten with the NYC doc?

Well, regardless of any personal assessments, the decision has been made - Tony has accepted it. So maybe we should all move on and concentrate on the high-quality bids that will undoubtedly be submitted!

Talking of which, USA2024, how far have you gotten with the NYC doc?

Agreed. I finished it this morning but my computer just started to spazz out so I have no idea when I'm going to upload it. There's a chance that it has a virus.

Agreed. I finished it this morning but my computer just started to spazz out so I have no idea when I'm going to upload it. There's a chance that it has a virus.

Well, there is no rush until 6 Feb...just make sure the document is safe for people to read...thanks for your work so far!

Welcome to the competition!

To make this as realistic as possible, you can definitely run with Seattle 2028. BUT there would be a run-off between you and New York City for passage into the Candidate City stage - with the Executive Board designating one of these two cities.

If you ran with a city in a country that has not yet declared its candidacy, a run-off can be avoided.

Either way: the more, the merrier!

I'm trying to go with cities I am familiar with enough and that I like. I'll see what I can come up with outside of the current countries.

I'm trying to go with cities I am familiar with enough and that I like. I'll see what I can come up with outside of the current countries.

Ok! Understandable!

January 26th, 2015

MELBOURNE CELEBRATES AUSTRALIA DAY BY OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING OLYMPIC BID

Q24T7dS.png

Melbourne, Australia - Robert Doyle, Lord Mayor of Melbourne, Alex Chernov, Governor of Victoria, and Daniel Andrews, Premier of Victoria, are set to hold a joint press conference later today at Melbourne Town Hall to officially launch the city's bid for the 2028 Olympic Games. The Australian city is joining New York City (USA), Cairo (Egypt), Sapporo (Japan), Paris (France) and a joint bid from Copenhagen (Denmark) and Malmo (Sweden) in what is already a very crowded field.

Local businessman DamC has been appointed as president of the Bid Committee by the Australian Olympic Committee. In a written statement on his Facebook page, he highlighted the city's qualities and the great challenge that is an Olympic bid. "Melbourne is a sport-crazy city, with amazing facilities and great experience in hosting world-class sports events, from the Australian Open taking place right now to the F1 Grand Prix in a few weeks. We've already shown that we're up to the task of organizing international multi-sports events, with the highly-successful hosting of the Commonwealth Games in 2006."

He added that Melbourne's plan will make sure to be financially responsible and focus mainly on existing venues: "Melbourne has an exceptional slate of world-class venues, which means the amount of money we need to spend on organizing the games would be much lower that what London spent or what Rio is spending. Most of the new venues will be designed with post-game use in mind. We will make sure that every single new venue will be useful to Australian athletes and the local communities after the end of the games".

More will be revealed about the bid really soon, as the IOC expects applicant cities to deliver an application file in two weeks.

Okay I disinfected everything on my laptop, do you want me to submit it publically to the forums, or just pm you?

Upload it on here, and just run one more anti-virus scan - just to make absolutely sure! ;)

Looking forward to reading the draft!

Archived