Olympic Games 2028: Bid Competition

200px-Olympic_rings_without_rims.svg.png

INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

The President

To: the Members of the Gamesbid Olympic Family

For immediate release

London, 26 March 2015

Re: Candidate Cities proceeding to the Olympic City Election/Preliminary Instructions for Executive Board
The International Olympic Committee hereby has the pleasure of announcing that the following Candidate Cities have formally proceeded to the Olympic City Election to take place during the 127th Session of the International Olympic Committee in Vienna on 4 April 2015 (the links to the individual Candidature Files are enclosed below):

With the Candidature Files having been published, the active work of the Candidate Cities has hereby concluded.

Evaluation

Executive Board will be contacted in the next 24 hours regarding the evaluation of the three Candidate Cities. They are instructed to keep their mailboxes free. The publication of the Evaluation Report is scheduled for 31 March 2015.

Final Vote

The voting for the host of the 2028 Olympic Games will be conducted next Saturday. Detailed instructions will be posted in due course - with a separate thread being launched once the election begins. The IOC now looks forward to the conclusion of this bid process and the selection of the Host City of the 2028 Summer Olympic Games.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PBE,

I know that I unfortunately had to drop from the race, but am I allowed to be on the Evaluation board now? All the other members that had to leave got to be on it and I would enjoy to help the other cities as much as I can.

PBE,

I know that I unfortunately had to drop from the race, but am I allowed to be on the Evaluation board now? All the other members that had to leave got to be on it and I would enjoy to help the other cities as much as I can.

BR2028,

With apologies for my delayed reply. I'm afraid that I cannot comply with your request - for the very simple reason that the Executive Board now has 9 members overall, and has already entered the Evaluation Phase. Besides you, there would be two further former contestants who may qualify for participation. However, with 12 members, it is my belief that just getting the evaluations in within the required timeframe (especially as we're well beyond the dates I had in mind) would end up slowing the competition down.

However, everyone will still be able to cast their ballot during the IOC Session next weekend, and I would encourage you to do so as well!

BR2028,

With apologies for my delayed reply. I'm afraid that I cannot comply with your request - for the very simple reason that the Executive Board now has 9 members overall, and has already entered the Evaluation Phase. Besides you, there would be two further former contestants who may qualify for participation. However, with 12 members, it is my belief that just getting the evaluations in within the required timeframe (especially as we're well beyond the dates I had in mind) would end up slowing the competition down.

However, everyone will still be able to cast their ballot during the IOC Session next weekend, and I would encourage you to do so as well!

Cool :)

viena-session-logo300.png

You are cordially invited

to the 127th Session of the International Olympic Committee

Dates: 4-5 April 2015

City: Vienna, AUSTRIA

Invitees: All GB members prior to 18 January 2015 with a bona fide posting record and good standing

Candidate Cities: Melbourne, New York City and Sapporo

Session Motto: Tomorrow's greatness today

AGENDA

1. Opening address by the Chancellor of the Republic of Austria, H.E. Mr Werner Faymann

2. Opening speech by the President of the International Olympic Committee, Mr Plus Brilliant, PBE

3. Presentations by the Candidate Cities

4. Performance by the Vienna Philharmonic

5. Election of the Host City of the Games of the XXXIV Olympiad in 2028

6. Announcement of the result of the Host City Election

7. Signing of Host Contract with the designated Olympic City

8. Conclusion of Session

200px-Olympic_rings_without_rims.svg.png

INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

The President

To: the Members of the Gamesbid Olympic Family

For immediate release

London, 29 March 2015

Re: Reminder for Executive Board members regarding the evaluation scores and comments

This is a friendly reminder for the Exec Board members who haven't done so just yet to submit their evaluation scores (and comments on each of the three Candidate Cities) prior to tomorrow's 9:00 GMT deadline.

The Evaluation Report is scheduled for publication on Tuesday.

*09:00 AM GMT

Hey all,

Just FYI, I have completed part of the Evaluation Report and have examined the raw data as well. However, writing the thing is taking a bit more time than anticipated, so I'm afraid there will be no Eval Report tonight. Watch out for it to be published by the late afternoon, GMT.

If for whatever reason, I can't finish it by then, I will at least publish the raw data for each Candidate City and the anonymized comments by the Exec Board members.

Thanks,

PBE

Where?

Right here, where you'll also find the instructions for Saturday's Olympic City Election (forgive the typos btw, it was well after midnight that I ended up writing them).

Or, if you prefer just the document for now, here!

Archived