Should Europe reinstate border controls?

In view of the recent terror situation and the hundreds of Euro muslims who have gone over to Syria, Yemen, etc.,maybe the Schengen countries should reconsider reinstating border controls and checks? That is really the only way I can see this huge, insurmountable problem of many jihadis returning...and to be aided and abetted by the home-grown followers who have not traveled abroad either. I seriously think this is one great way to control the problem and get a handle on it.

Whaddya gals (our great gay, islamic philosophers :lol: , a conundrum if ever there was one) think??

Not intern borders, but just ondering how much Charlie terror attack will change the restrictions and secutiry in the border of Brazil with France...

Brazil and France? What r u talking about, Danny? Security between 2 countries on 2 different continents can be controlled and monitored via commercial flights and the airports. How many terrorist/returning jihadists will be spending at least $1,000 on airfare ONE WAY? The vulnerable spot is Europe because as you may have read and seen, if those Doobie brothers escaped to Belgium, that would've made the whole situation even more problematic. With open borders now, the problem of keeping them in prison, etc., etc., I think the police orders in Europe are pretty much going to be shoot to kill. Quick and easy.

Brazil and France? What r u talking about, Danny? Security between 2 countries on 2 different continents can be controlled and monitored via commercial flights and the airports. How many terrorist/returning jihadists will be spending at least $1,000 on airfare ONE WAY? The vulnerable spot is Europe because as you may have read and seen, if those Doobie brothers escaped to Belgium, that would've made the whole situation even more problematic. With open borders now, the problem of keeping them in prison, etc., etc., I think the police orders in Europe are pretty much going to be shoot to kill. Quick and easy.

Brazil and France have a joint land border even - French Guyana...

As for flight tickets - if there's financial backup (and there probably is), airfare is secondary. And if they're smart they're not buying one way tickets to avoid extra attention.

Also, I very much doubt European policemen will turn into quick-and-easy killing cops.

In view of the recent terror situation and the hundreds of Euro muslims who have gone over to Syria, Yemen, etc.,maybe the Schengen countries should reconsider reinstating border controls and checks? That is really the only way I can see this huge, insurmountable problem of many jihadis returning...and to be aided and abetted by the home-grown followers who have not traveled abroad either. I seriously think this is one great way to control the problem and get a handle on it.

Whaddya gals (our great gay, islamic philosophers :lol: , a conundrum if ever there was one) think??

I doubt that getting rid of Schengen would stop determined fanatics from getting across mainland Europe. Its not like thousands of Mexicans haven't done the same thing in the US and that's only between 2 countries. Sorry for stating the obvious but the main reason that the UK and Ireland are not in Schengen is because we're Islands and have borders that are much easier to police(ports and a tunnel)... the political xenophobic stuff is secondary. It just doesn't make financial sense in mainland Europe to spend millions maintaining border controls between countries that are in a trading union.

As mentioned before, Brazil does have border with France. French Guyana is a region of France (pretty much like Hawaii or Alaska are American states), people born or living there are European citizens and currency, obviously since you are in an European Union country, is Euros.

mfguiana.gif

Crazy or not, many people enters Guyana without authorization to work illegally there and earn payment in euros (not need to mention how strong is euros compared to any South American currency).

Not a relevant subject to this anglo-centered boards, but, at least hope the tension in the area around Guyana does not increase.

About terrorists and other bad guys, Cayenne-Paris is famous as one of the longest domestic flights in the world.

Unless France treats its passengers as international passangers when arriving, that's a nice way to reach Europe without too strict security...

Hope our neighbors be fine after this terrorist attack. ;)

As mentioned before, Brazil does have border with France. French Guyana is a region of France (pretty much like Hawaii or Alaska are American states), people born or living there are European citizens and currency, obviously since you are in an European Union country, is Euros.

mfguiana.gif

Crazy or not, many people enters Guyana without authorization to work illegally there and earn payment in euros (not need to mention how strong is euros compared to any South American currency).

Not a relevant subject to this anglo-centered boards, but, at least hope the tension in the area around Guyana does not increase.

About terrorists and other bad guys, Cayenne-Paris is famous as one of the longest domestic flights in the world.

Unless France treats its passengers as international passangers when arriving, that's a nice way to reach Europe without too strict security...

Hope our neighbors be fine after this terrorist attack. ;)

Well, Danny, I learned something new today from you. They must go through some kind of border patrol because even if it's a domestic flight, you still need to show an ID and this info goes on the passenger manifest just so they know who's on board. Just because it's a domestic flight doesn't mean no IDs are shown.

But maybe the longest domestic flight in the world would be Vladivostock to Kaliningrad -- literally 2 points on the far ends of the whole Eurasia landmass.

Well, Danny, I learned something new today from you. They must go through some kind of border patrol because even if it's a domestic flight, you still need to show an ID and this info goes on the passenger manifest just so they know who's on board. Just because it's a domestic flight doesn't mean no IDs are shown.

They already know it through the information given when buying the ticket. It's not like on flights from LA to New York IDs are needed just because it's a long route, or are they?

But maybe the longest domestic flight in the world would be Vladivostock to Kaliningrad -- literally 2 points on the far ends of the whole Eurasia landmass.

We are always learning... ;)

Not all counties have an unified system for International and Domestic flights (not talking about France, not even a clue how it works there).

In Brazil you are required less security check in domestic flights compared to International flights, indeed, boarding halls are separated, not like in the USA where everything is ruled by one system and boarding halls are together.

Guiana is "part of France" in many ways. It's in the EU for instance. But it is specifically excluded from the Schengen Area. Full international passport/customs inspections are done on "domestic" flights to/from Paris

Now I learn something =]

Just because it's a domestic flight doesn't mean no IDs are shown.

Means not much... Terrostist showed ID and used domestic flight at 9/11. I know now the rules for security check are far more advanced, I suffered myself all the bad will of TSA since then...

Paris-Cayenne is one of the longest flights, not the longest... I remember a TV report about it a long time ago...

I found this little map of the Olympic ring colors and its corresponding region. It feels so weird to have the the green in the Americas (and to have all of Russia part of Europe). France seems to be very good in maintaining her overseas territories (*cough* Britain *cough* America *cough*).

636px-Association_of_National_Olympic_Co

Also, I believe the longest domestic flight is from Paris to another one of the French territories. St. Denis (RUN) to Paris (CDG) and vice versa I think. Google says it's like an 11 hour flight.

I found this little map of the Olympic ring colors and its corresponding region. It feels so weird to have the the green in the Americas (and to have all of Russia part of Europe). France seems to be very good in maintaining her overseas territories (*cough* Britain *cough* America *cough*).

636px-Association_of_National_Olympic_Co

As you said...the things you post. :rolleyes:

I feel very European, suddenly... I can just cross a border and visit France...

Not bad for a person who born in a city that was already capital of an European country, right, Baron?

The Argentine can claim whatever she wants...

miss-universe-2014-national-costumes-arg

He-he, my feathers are fuller than Argentina's...

miss-usa-nia-sanchez-costume-miss-univer

:angry::) Stop posting pics of hotties dressed like this!!...It's making me REALLY RANDY!!! :rolleyes::D

Archived