The great GB census! 2015 edition.

England still owns England. No one owns us. We won World War 2. We won the Falklands.

We won World War 1 too.

Tony I am about to be the most brutally honest I have ever been on this forum and I'm not going to deny that it may offend others, but it is the honest truth.

England did not win WWII, the UK didn't even win. The United States won and our allies were Britain and France. The United States won in the Pacific Theater, The United States and Russia made it to Berlin. Counter to this Britain lost its empire and power and became (like many European countries) dependent on US money and defense. The best way I can illustrate the fall of Britain into the US sphere of influence (and arguably its control) would be the Suez Canal Crisis when Britain and France attempted to retake it from Egypt's new government. The two nations did not consult the US and the US strongly disagreed with the action, as a result the US threatened to devalue the pound if they did not leave and Britain listened to what the US told it to do. Had the US followed through than the British economy would have been completely destroyed.

So yes the UK and Europe is very much so in the sphere of influence and control of the US, especially the UK.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure who to take seriously in these last few pages.

Suez Crisis: One of the few times the American government has gotten Middle-Eastern policy right. Threatening the UK and France to prevent a much larger conflict was very sensible. Last thing 1956-57 needed was another major war 11 years after the last one ended.

War of 1812: American aggression towards Canada as a colony and the UK as colonial master. Ended status quo ante bellum so no winner. Ultimately was a major push towards Canadian independence because of the lack of British commitment to protect the colonies. Britain throwing Canada under the bus a few times in land disputes between then and 1861 didn't help much either

World War One: The only winners in that war were Canada and the USA. We made out like bandits from arms and food sales. World War One damaged every major European country beyond repair and lead to the greatest and most destructive conflict in human history. The USA entered due the combination of 3 reasons. The sinking of the Lusitania, German resumption of unrestricted submarine warfare and the Zimmerman Telegram. The Americans made the war unwinnable for the Germans because the manpower the Americans could provided. The final German offensive was almost effective in making the French capitulate. Without the Americans Germany could have either out-right won the war or more likely made an agreement for status quo ante bellum with France, Britain and Italy but an outright winner against the Russian Empire/Soviet Union.

I'm not sure who to take seriously in these last few pages.

Suez Crisis: One of the few times the American government has gotten Middle-Eastern policy right. Threatening the UK and France to prevent a much larger conflict was very sensible. Last thing 1956-57 needed was another major war 11 years after the last one ended.

War of 1812: American aggression towards Canada as a colony and the UK as colonial master. Ended status quo ante bellum so no winner. Ultimately was a major push towards Canadian independence because of the lack of British commitment to protect the colonies. Britain throwing Canada under the bus a few times in land disputes between then and 1861 didn't help much either

World War One: The only winners in that war were Canada and the USA. We made out like bandits from arms and food sales. World War One damaged every major European country beyond repair and lead to the greatest and most destructive conflict in human history. The USA entered due the combination of 3 reasons. The sinking of the Lusitania, German resumption of unrestricted submarine warfare and the Zimmerman Telegram. The Americans made the war unwinnable for the Germans because the manpower the Americans could provided. The final German offensive was almost effective in making the French capitulate. Without the Americans Germany could have either out-right won the war or more likely made an agreement for status quo ante bellum with France, Britain and Italy but an outright winner against the Russian Empire/Soviet Union.

i've never been so happy to read a faster post in my life.

you go, girlfriend!

"My England owns England. No one owns us, America will never own us. We rule the world. End of."

It could became a poster on my wall... With a Mr Bean picture! lol

bean_zps2797bb7c.jpg

Done.

We won the Falklands.

Please, don't make me take the Argentine side... That would be painful for my Brazilian proud... :D:P:lol:B)

It could became a poster on my wall... With a Mr Bean picture! lol

bean_zps2797bb7c.jpg

Done.

Please, don't make me take the Argentine side... That would be painful for my Brazilian proud... :D:P:lol:B)

Well they did win the Falklands and I do kind of like Maggie.

England won World War 1, 2 and Falklands. Fact. End of. Who owns the Falklands, England. Who owns England, England. No one owns us.

Your parents teaching failed you. You don't understand the concept of ownership, ruling, the structure of the world. I'm not going to give you a lesson. But shut up with this nonsense and stop wasting your posts.

England won World War 1, 2 and Falklands. Fact. End of. Who owns the Falklands, England. Who owns England, England. No one owns us.

Just to save us some time tomorrow

My England owns England. No one owns us, America will never own us. We rule the world. End of.

Ok, well, ya, I was right.

'Murica, we run this mother (yeah) [4x]

Who run the world? 'Murica (ca)
Who run the world? Not England (no, no)
Who run the world? 'Murica (rica)
Who run the world? 'Murica ('Murica)
Who run this mother? 'Murica
Who run this mother? Not England
Who run this mother? Certainly not England

Some of them English think they freak this like we do
But no they don't
Make your cheque come at they neck
Disrespect us no they won't
(YEAH)

England don't even try to touch this
England this beat is crazy
This is how they made me
New York City baby, ain't n Old York
This goes out to all my 'Muricans that's in the world rocking the latest
Who will buy it with Chinese money and get more Chinese money later
I think I need a banker
None of these Poms can fade me
I'm so good with this
I remind you I'm so 'Murican with this

England I ain't just playing, we saved yo'ass twice, now show some damn respect
Come here grandma
Hope you still like me
F' you pay me

My persuasion can ruin yo nation
Endless power, we love to devour Iraqis
You'll do anything for me

It's hot up in here, not over there don't be scared we be takin' care of yo old ass
I'm repping for the 'Muricans who taking over the world help me raise a glass for the redneck 'Muricans
41 rolling

to let you know what time it is, check
You can't hold me, we kicked yo'ass out 3 centuries back
I work my 9 to 5, better cut my check via China
This goes out to all the 'Muricans getting it in you're on your grind
To other English that respect what I do please accept my shine
England you know you love it how we're smart enough to make these millions, give 'em here we bailed yo'ass out enough times
Strong enough to beat the wayward Muslim children-nations then get back to business
see, you better not play me oh come here grandma
Hope you still like me, F' you pay me

My persuasion can build a nation
Endless power, the love of devouring Saudi oil

Who are we?
What we run?!
The world
(Who run this mother?)
Who are we ?
What we run?!
The world
(Who run this mother?)
Who are we?
What do we run?!
We run the world
(Who run this mother?!)
Who are we?!
What we run?!
We run the world!!
Who run the world? 'Murica

End of.

You must watch this before saying England owns things....

In the end when you roll back the centuries to Elizabeth I, you have to admit England as a singlar country, and the central core of the UK, was dominating until WWI. But today no global influence whatsoever without the United Kingdom.

Your parents teaching failed you. You don't understand the concept of ownership, ruling, the structure of the world. I'm not going to give you a lesson. But shut up with this nonsense and stop wasting your posts.

Don't bring my Parents into this. They are the best Parents.

'Murica, we run this mother (yeah) [4x]

Some of them English think they freak this like we do

But no they don't

Make your cheque come at they neck

Disrespect us no they won't

(YEAH)

England don't even try to touch this

England this beat is crazy

This is how they made me

New York City baby, ain't n Old York

This goes out to all my 'Muricans that's in the world rocking the latest

Who will buy it with Chinese money and get more Chinese money later

I think I need a banker

None of these Poms can fade me

I'm so good with this

I remind you I'm so 'Murican with this

England I ain't just playing, we saved yo'ass twice, now show some damn respect

Come here grandma

Hope you still like me

F' you pay me

My persuasion can ruin yo nation

Endless power, we love to devour Iraqis

It's hot up in here, not over there don't be scared we be takin' care of yo old ass

I'm repping for the 'Muricans who taking over the world help me raise a glass for the redneck 'Muricans

41 rolling

to let you know what time it is, check

You can't hold me, we kicked yo'ass out 3 centuries back

I work my 9 to 5, better cut my check via China

This goes out to all the 'Muricans getting it in you're on your grind

To other English that respect what I do please accept my shine

England you know you love it how we're smart enough to make these millions, give 'em here we bailed yo'ass out enough times

Strong enough to beat the wayward Muslim children-nations then get back to business

see, you better not play me oh come here grandma

Hope you still like me, F' you pay me

My persuasion can build a nation

Endless power, the love of devouring Saudi oil

Who are we?

What we run?!

The world

(Who run this mother?)

Who are we ?

What we run?!

The world

(Who run this mother?)

Who are we?

What do we run?!

We run the world

(Who run this mother?!)

Who are we?!

What we run?!

We run the world!!

Who run the world? 'Murica

End of.

Lol...have you been borrowing some of Puppy's wacky backy? :lol:

In the end when you roll back the centuries to Elizabeth I, you have to admit England as a singlar country, and the central core of the UK, was dominating until WWI. But today no global influence whatsoever without the United Kingdom.

Not a lot with it, either! :wacko:

Don't bring my Parents into this. They are the best Parents.

Are you honestly saying your parents are better parents than anyone else's parents? If so I suddenly feel like tacos...

In regards to England - for a very long your very small Island has punched well and truly above it's weight - however your own 'colonies' quite frankly have aligned with the USA culturally and arguably politically. Australia has turned away and is now more interested in dealing with Asia than Europe.

The empire days are long gone - as should be your ridiculous sense of superiority.

Be gone child!

Be gone!

If anything, Tony, it was the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that won the Falklands War (after much hand-wringing from the likes of Lord Carrington, mind you); it valiantly held off a German invasion in World War II (to its credit) and prevented a takeover of its colonies. It was part of a multinational coalition that won the Second World War - without the Lend-Lease Agreement, and considerable United States loans after the war, your economy would have disintegrated quite fast. If England is oh-so-awesome, can you explain to me why your economy (despite having the same ERP assistance as Germany) never recovered as fast and as substantially? You lost your colonies, can't stand up to a tinpot dictator like Robert Mugabe or project any sort of military power outside of the security arrangements with the United States. You're part of NATO and the not-so-beloved EU, because you know that without these multilateral treaties, you'd not really be taken seriously by the wider international community. Your influence is derived from such anachronisms like a UN Security Council seat (with the UN increasingly becoming a joke), the G7 (which has basically morphed into the G20) and the Commonwealth.

Don't get me wrong: I love the United Kingdom (or if you will: Britain), I lived there for many years and have deep links there as well - with many a friendship struck up there. London 2012 was great, but you didn't reinvent the wheel. Sydney, Barcelona, Los Angeles and others did it before you.

But this sort of ignorant "Little Englander" nationalism repels me. "England" owns nothing. If it is anything, it is because of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. After all, the songs are about "Britain" and "Rule Britannia", not "Rule Anglia" or "All hail the conquering Albion"!

The more you insist on "England" supposedly ruling the roost in anything, the more ignorant you appear. Please, just stop. It's too painful to watch.

If anything, Tony, it was the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that won the Falklands War (after much hand-wringing from the likes of Lord Carrington, mind you); it valiantly held off a German invasion in World War II (to its credit) and prevented a takeover of its colonies. It was part of a multinational coalition that won the Second World War - without the Lend-Lease Agreement, and considerable United States loans after the war, your economy would have disintegrated quite fast. If England is oh-so-awesome, can you explain to me why your economy (despite having the same ERP assistance as Germany) never recovered as fast and as substantially? You lost your colonies, can't stand up to a tinpot dictator like Robert Mugabe or project any sort of military power outside of the security arrangements with the United States. You're part of NATO and the not-so-beloved EU, because you know that without these multilateral treaties, you'd not really be taken seriously by the wider international community. Your influence is derived from such anachronisms like a UN Security Council seat (with the UN increasingly becoming a joke), the G7 (which has basically morphed into the G20) and the Commonwealth.

Don't get me wrong: I love the United Kingdom (or if you will: Britain), I lived there for many years and have deep links there as well - with many a friendship struck up there. London 2012 was great, but you didn't reinvent the wheel. Sydney, Barcelona, Los Angeles and others did it before you.

But this sort of ignorant "Little Englander" nationalism repels me. "England" owns nothing. If it is anything, it is because of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. After all, the songs are about "Britain" and "Rule Britannia", not "Rule Anglia" or "All hail the conquering Albion"!

The more you insist on "England" supposedly ruling the roost in anything, the more ignorant you appear. Please, just stop. It's too painful to watch.

Post of the year right here.

Archived