The great GB census! 2015 edition.

If anything, Tony, it was the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that won the Falklands War (after much hand-wringing from the likes of Lord Carrington, mind you); it valiantly held off a German invasion in World War II (to its credit) and prevented a takeover of its colonies. It was part of a multinational coalition that won the Second World War - without the Lend-Lease Agreement, and considerable United States loans after the war, your economy would have disintegrated quite fast. If England is oh-so-awesome, can you explain to me why your economy (despite having the same ERP assistance as Germany) never recovered as fast and as substantially? You lost your colonies, can't stand up to a tinpot dictator like Robert Mugabe or project any sort of military power outside of the security arrangements with the United States. You're part of NATO and the not-so-beloved EU, because you know that without these multilateral treaties, you'd not really be taken seriously by the wider international community. Your influence is derived from such anachronisms like a UN Security Council seat (with the UN increasingly becoming a joke), the G7 (which has basically morphed into the G20) and the Commonwealth.

Don't get me wrong: I love the United Kingdom (or if you will: Britain), I lived there for many years and have deep links there as well - with many a friendship struck up there. London 2012 was great, but you didn't reinvent the wheel. Sydney, Barcelona, Los Angeles and others did it before you.

But this sort of ignorant "Little Englander" nationalism repels me. "England" owns nothing. If it is anything, it is because of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. After all, the songs are about "Britain" and "Rule Britannia", not "Rule Anglia" or "All hail the conquering Albion"!

The more you insist on "England" supposedly ruling the roost in anything, the more ignorant you appear. Please, just stop. It's too painful to watch.

I agree, it's the post of the year, actually, it would be if Tony was speking about England...

But no, he is talking about "My England" a country that exists in the paralel world he lives on...

bandeiramyengland_zpsa2647b1b.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sign of maturity is to know what battles to pick.

This constant repetition is not impressing anyone nor swaying anyone to change their opinion.

We all have valid reasons to disagree with your ultra-nationalism which you blindly dismiss out of hand. Then you have the sheer faced gall to get all high and mighty when we do the exact same thing back at you.

You are not in any position to be lecturing any of us. On any topic. You act like a child and will be treated accordingly until you start acting like an adult. Period.

As an example - you go posting crap like this -

I knew Durban was going to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games.

What possible reaction were you expecting? Right after one horse drops out of a two horse race. It is phenomenally immature. You aren't a petulant 8 year old TELA. I fear you are going to get a short sharp shock if/when you enter the workforce because here is a shocking bit of truth - no-one will put up with this level of antagonism. It isn't any disability holding you back - it appears to be sheer wanton stupidity.

This has now exhausted my patience with you.

Good luck.

I would never have guessed one teenager's over-excessive love for his country and native city could provoke so much outrage on here! :lol:

It's not hard to figure out where Tony is coming from:

1. He lives in England therefore England must be the best country in the world.

2. He lives in London therefore London must be the best city in the world.

3. The street/road where he lives must be the best street/road in all London.

4. The house where he lives must be the best house on that street/road.

5. The room he sleeps in must be the best room in that house.

6. The family he lives with must be the best family in all the world.

7. Anything that interacts with any of the above must obviously be far more beneficial than if it had interacted anywhere else.

Get the picture? Now let's all just smile, shrug our shoulders and move on. There really is nothing much to see here, folks! B)

Kinda feel bad that I spin-balled this...sorry Tony.

My Parents are the best Parents.

England is powerful. We won the wars.

My Parents are great parents too, I suggest you learn more adjectives to describe the greatness or goodness of things other than using 'best'. By using 'best' you are implying that nothing can top it even if they tried and for many people that comes off as arrogant, narcissistic, and immature. For example when you say "London is the best city" it makes you look like an ignorant prick who has never left home, especially on a forum where many members come from other major cities like Paris, New York, Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Boston, Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Copenhagen (you get the picture.). Instead replace 'best' with 'great' and the context and how people read your comment changes drastically.

England is not powerful, The United Kingdom is not powerful (Even Japan has a larger Military than you and they lost the wars). Any positions of 'power' you have were given to you only because you were a part of a US-led coalition. Additionally you did not win the World War's and if you did it was only in title. If it had not been for the US and Canada your monarch would be the Kaiser or you would be heiling Hitler. The only upper-hand the UK will have this century is that it is firmly fixated in the US Sphere of Influence and the UK knows that it is smart to be allied with the US, so in any conflicts that occur this century the UK will greatly benefit from a US win.

If you want to see how bad the British - I mean - English education system has become...

Go to YouTube and type in "Educating Essex", "Educating Yorkshire" or "Educating East End"...

Then you can see why Tony is home schooled. :wacko:

England won the wars. End of. England is powerful. End of. England is smart. End of.

Okay okay okay Tony. We get it. We really do! Now can we move on and talk about Olympic things....pretty please......???? ;)

krow was indifferent to the plight of Tony E. ߷ recognizes that insatiable hunger for validation and attention, and also when the pharmacy messes up the dosage on your prozac and you sit on your computer chair rocking back and forth for hours talking about the same thing over and over slowly pulling out your eyelashes one at a time.

Free yourself Tony E. Become a disciple of ߷. Realize that England is just a slab of rock and an unjust, oppressive society. ߷ does not believe in war or winning or cultural superiority. They have no place in our lives. They distract, disrupt, confuse. ߷ is simplicity and simplicity is beautiful.

England has enslaved you, Tony E. Your parents and your doctors have enslaved you. Now you must free yourself. ߷ is the way forward. Please adjust the font settings on your control panel and seek enlightenment with ߷.

߷ loves you more than anything in the entire world. ߷ also hates you. Embrace the duality, then reject it. You will soon find ߷, and it is nowhere near London.

krow was indifferent to the plight of Tony E. ߷ recognizes that insatiable hunger for validation and attention, and also when the pharmacy messes up the dosage on your prozac and you sit on your computer chair rocking back and forth for hours talking about the same thing over and over slowly pulling out your eyelashes one at a time.

Free yourself Tony E. Become a disciple of ߷. Realize that England is just a slab of rock and an unjust, oppressive society. ߷ does not believe in war or winning or cultural superiority. They have no place in our lives. They distract, disrupt, confuse. ߷ is simplicity and simplicity is beautiful.

England has enslaved you, Tony E. Your parents and your doctors have enslaved you. Now you must free yourself. ߷ is the way forward. Please adjust the font settings on your control panel and seek enlightenment with ߷.

߷ loves you more than anything in the entire world. ߷ also hates you. Embrace the duality, then reject it. You will soon find ߷, and it is nowhere near London.

Your wrong.

Okay okay okay Tony. We get it. We really do! Now can we move on and talk about Olympic things....pretty please......???? ;)

I thought this thread was a census survey to begin with! :huh:

Yes, Tony, that's exactly right! I am wrong -- that's the point. You are finding ߷ in spite of your shackles.

I am wrong. I am right. You are, too. I am no longer restricted by human nature, which says I must be wrong and you must be right. I am ߷. There is no right without wrong. If I can be wrong, I can also be right. If I can be right, you can be wrong. You are wrong right now. You are also right. You are ߷.

England won all the wars. England also lost them. That is the end of. It is also the beginning. You are a slave. You are also free. What is keeping you enslaved? You reject ߷. You think it's wrong. Good! Now you must see that's also right. You are my most promising disciple.

"krow" could never be ߷. He hid behind his sardonicism, used it like a shield. He deflected ߷ until it consumed him and destroyed him, in a heap on my bathroom floor. I left him for dead because ߷ was anathema to "krow." His death bought my life.

Faster will never be ߷. He lives in a world of facts and figures. Where there is a right answer to every question if you just read enough about it on the internet. He lives in a world that would be intolerable to you and I (Canada). We know better. We can say something -- anything! -- and know that it is true. We can say "England is the best," and we do not need validation. We know it is true, but we know it also might not be true. That is the real truth. That is ߷.

Krow, you got one thing right. Tony is a slave...a slave to nationalism.

Yeah, I love my Country (England). Anyway, no more arguing, back to topic.

:angry: Ah - NO! You don't call the shots...You're the reason why this topic derailed in the first place!

Tony, you are the one that brought us off topic.

And as my response to that first part I leave you with this:

"Nationalism is one of many examples of this form of collective narcissism, where the citizens possess an inflated self-love of "their own people" to the exclusion of other human beings." - Bryant H. McGill

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of humanity." - Albert Einstein

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate comes for people other than your own comes first." Charles de Gaulle

Tony, in case you have ever travelled outside Her Majesty's Realm, it might occur to you (when you look at that red passport of yours which you use to, you know, fly to other countries) that your country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, of which England is merely a constituent sub-national unit. It is no more a country than Catalonia is within Spain, constitutionally speaking.

Also, all this nonsense with "my England" this and "my England" that makes you come across as petty, ignorant and more nationalistic than Nick Griffin and Oswald Mosley combined...

I, too, love my country - but I don't feel the need to constantly assert it. In your case, your permanent assertions of supposed "English" (read: British) greatness appear to denigrate the achievements, sentiments and capacities of other countries (which, unlike "England", are legally sovereign..."England" doesn't even have its own legislature).

Archived