The great GB census! 2015 edition.

So I guess it is time we did this again.

It is the great GB census!

Here we will discuss our age, location, nationality, sexuality, religious affiliation (if any) and favourite Madonna song. You know - the really, really important things in life.

I am hoping we can all be brutally honest and not judgmental - except maybe regarding the Madonna choices.

Of course your involvement is not compulsary - however if you chose to participate all questions need to be answered.

Feel free to give long-winded explanations.

I shall kick off proceedings...

AGE - 48

LOCATION - Brisbane, Australia - however I spend a fair bit of time in China/Japan these days.

NATIONALITY - Australian (Born in Australia)

SEXUALITY - I like the ladies. However by saying that I guess as I age I find myself really appreciating my male friends as well. Do I feel any sexual attraction to guys? No. I am not repulsed by the idea and can definitely find a man attractive. When it comes to cock play though - meh. Not my scene. Not out of the question - but not on the bucket list

RELIGION - not so much anymore - however I did align myself as Jewish for a long time (family roots) - however these days I am merely hopeful there is a grander plan but do not believe organised religion has the answers I am looking for. I will find out for sure soon enough.

MADONNA - I really, really like 'Rebel Heart' and 'Ghost Town' from her latest project and do have a lot of time for 'Turn Up The Radio' from 'MDNA' but will always rate 'Oh Father' as the pinnacle of her career.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NATIONALITY: American of Mexican descent, meaning both my parents were born in Mexico while I was born in the US

SEXUALITY: Strictly dickly

RELIGION: Was once Catholic, even went through baptism, confirmation and first communion all in one, but found it to be complete waste of time. Not opposed to a god out there, but I certainly don't believe he's anything like the books written about him/her/it. I see him/her/it as more of a watcher, watching us as a science experiment gone wrong, laughing his/her/its ass off at how people choose to practice their religion and use it as reason for hatred, bigotry, and murder.

MADONNA: Whichever is not about fisting her own vagina, which basically means none.

Gee, it's been a long while since we did this. Good idea Pups.

Location: Sydney, born and bred, and a Balmain boy. Apart from a few brief stints further afield, never really lived for long outside the Sydney inner-west.

Nationality: Australian. Of direct German-Swedish descent. Wider family, with marriages et al, is a very mongrel mix. German, Swedish, Polish, Croatian, Dutch, Hungarian, Lebanese, Chilean, English... even some longer-here-than-us anglo-Aussies. I guess you'd say we're basically typical late-20th century Aussie melting pot.

Sexuality: Gay, and married as such. That said, if I was really going to analyse it, I'd estimate I'd be a 4 on the Kinsey scale - predominantly homosexual but more than incidentally heterosexual. In younger years I had a number of intense, committed, hetero relationships. I only became at ease with my gay identity in my late 30s, and since then have only had gay relationships, culminating in 17 years with my present hubby. But... yes, girly action, boobs and vag still figure in some of my, ahem, fantasies. I could still go it with a girl, but as far as I'm concerned, I've chosen my team now and am not going to muddy the waters by playing with the away team any more. I've made my choice and am sticking with it.

Religion: Nominally, the family has long been a bastard mix of non-practising Catholics and Lutherans. Pretty atheistic upbringing - never christened (Mum famously tore strips off the priest at the local catholic primary school on enrolment day for daring to insist I would need to be christened into the Holy Roman Church in order to be accepted. She then promptly marched me to the state school down the road). I myself was quite militantly atheist in younger years. As time goes on, though..... I've seen and experienced how religion can be a real comfort to people, and recognise some of the good works of religion and how their communities can truly bring support to their adherents. I'm also prepared to consider that there may well be a higher purpose beyond our physical incarnation. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure though that truth is not contained in any holy books or organised rituals as we have known them. I guess I'm now comfortable with describing myself as an atheistic-leaning agnostic. My general philosophy to life, religious or secular, is liberal-libertarian.

Madonna: Beautiful Stranger is one song that always raises a smile whenever I hear it. Well, not just smile, usually full throated laughter, whenever I see the Austin Powers film clip - that series is still my favourite comedies.

location: LA but i do spend a fair amount of time making fun of people who have to qualify where they live by telling us how much time they spend IN ASIA MOSTLY HONG KONG, TOKYO, MACAU FOR A WEEKEND, TOOK A CHARTERED TOUR OF NORTH KOREA PLAYED BBALL WITH RODMAN

nationality: american, but also german, sephardic, irish

religion: like everyone raised catholic in the 90s, i'm not religious

sexuality: i'm probably a bit less gay seeming irl than you're thinking -- because i put on airs for gb for laughs -- but not by much

madonna: so glad rols mentioned beautiful stranger, that's a keeper. when i saw madonna live, music was the best song she did. i have a sentimental attachment to borderline with my ex who had a 6-cd changer in the car and i always intentionally would put on borderline from the immaculate collection every time we got in to be funny. like every time... do do do do do do dododooooo (dum dum dum) do do do do do do duhnahnah

LOCATION: Still Princeton, but the second any west coast college says yes next year, I'm jumpin away from this boring place
NATIONALITY: Half Japanese and Half Pennsylvania Dutch. Pennsylvania Dutch are not dutch, but dutch is basically a bastardization of "Deutschland" by English speakers when referring the the Germans that emigrated to Pennsylvania in the late 1600s. It's a weird mix, really.
SEXUALITY: Probably straight. You know how teens are. This is our experiment time.
RELIGION: I used to go to a Protestant church in Princeton, but we stopped going for a few reasons. One was that my dad, being Japanese and all, wasn't really a devout Christian or anything. He did attend a private high school in the US all on his own with the money in his back pocket (mostly cause his dad wanted him to do it on his own. My great grandfather ran a welding business headquartered in Tokyo that served as a manufacturer during the war. Afterwards, he went into computers so he wasn't exactly making the salary that can send a son to a private high school abroad...) and my mom's side, even though Germans were probably some sort of Christian, aren't the most religious folk. My grandmother is fiercely liberal (and my grandfather is an artist who designed the original stickers for the bridges in Life, by the way) so they raised my mom in a rather secular environment aside from going to church every Sunday unlike those Commies. But now I'm more or less agnostic. I don't want to end up campaigning for any religion once I get older and come off as a whackjob, so I'm starting off early by never forming an opinion.
MADONNA: She's old enough to be my grandma, so I'm not really a fan. I like the Pink Guy album though. You guys should listen to it... ;););)

Oops I forgot to add the second reason for why we stopped going to church. It was because we didn't want to wake up early on Sundays. I didn't care when I was little, but nowadays I really appreciate it.

Oh my kami I meant grandfather owned the welding business, not great grandfather. This is why my ACT/SATs are gonna be in the grabbage. My grandfather inherited the business from his father (my great grandfather) after the war.

Fun fact, my great grandfather on my other side was in the Imperial Air Force and crashed and died on some pacific island. B)

When i say other side i don't mean the Pennsylvania Dutch side cause that doesn't make sense. I mean like my Dad's mother's father or something like that I don't know the genealogy

i do spend a fair amount of time making fun of people who have to qualify where they live by telling us how much time they spend IN ASIA MOSTLY HONG KONG, TOKYO, MACAU FOR A WEEKEND, TOOK A CHARTERED TOUR OF NORTH KOREA PLAYED BBALL WITH RODMAN

I'm assuming this is for me. I spend 3-4 months a year overseas so it is a relevant point to make. Dork :)

NATIONALITY: German, with paternal family coming from the Sudetenland

SEXUALITY: Straight married with two kids

RELIGION: Officially lutheran, though not at all practicising and very critical towards the concept of "religion" anyway

MADONNA: Like A Prayer, I guess. Frozen maybe too.

AGE - 31

LOCATION - São Vicente, SP, Brazil, born in Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.

NATIONALITY - Brazilian

SEXUALITY - Male, straight, married, chubby-chaser. I love them big.

RELIGION - Agnostic Atheist, which means, probably there is no god, but I am not able to say with 100% certainty that God does not exist.

MADONNA - Favorite: American Pie, good old times of High School.

Hung up, Frozen, Like a Prayer, La Isla Bonita, Like a Virgin (I really enjoy Madonna songs, except for "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" :P)

Location : Malang is the city, East Java is the province, Indonesia is the nation

indonesia+blank+map+kota+malang.jpg

Nationality : Indonesian

Sexuality : Heterogen ( Due of the fact that LGBT is ilegal in Indonesia)

Religion : Honestly I'm Muslim but please Don't make this a opportunity to ruin this neutral forum with such debates about my religion... ( Besides every Indonesian must have a religion indeed....)

Madonna : I don't know who is Madonna so perhaps you can show me some of her songs..... :P

I noticed I forgot to put my nationality (thanks GB for not allowing me to my edit posts): Obviously I'm argentine. Ancestry is 3/4 italian (I have italian citizenship) and 1/4 hungarian/spanish (the grandmother from my mother's side comes of this mix, BTW she's my only grandparent still alive, love you granny :) ).

Age-46

Location-Sunbury, PA

Nationality-American, with German and Swiss ancestry

Sexuality-Straight, married 22 years

Religion--I am a born again Christian, I am also an ordained minister, However, I hold absolutely nothing against those who follow different faiths, or don't follow at all. I welcome friends of all beliefs, orientations, nationalities. etc,

Madonna--Like a Virgin.

AGE - 48

LOCATION - Hamburg, Germany
NATIONALITY - German
SEXUALITY - Gay
RELIGION - Christian: Lutheran, but not very religious
MADONNA - My TOP THREE: 3rd place: Beautiful Stranger (1999), 2nd place: Frozen (1998), 1st place: American Pie (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4IEBfSORz8

MOVIE 2014 - 5th place: Maleficent, 4th place: Serial (Bad) Weddings, 1st/2nd/3rd place: Guardians Of The Galaxy (this movie kicks ass!!! Better than all three Hobbit movies all together)

EVENT 2014 - 3rd: Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, 2nd place: FIFA World Cup in Brazil, 1st place: Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in København

AGE - 50

LOCATION - Auckland New Zealand

NATIONALITY - Canadian, but also hold American and Irish/EU citizenships

SEXUALITY - Technically bisexual, but very very gay. Could I have sex with a woman? Oh yeah! Date one? No thanks. And I wouldn't ever demoralise myself to get a girl to like me...

RELIGION - raised Roman Catholic, but am now a non-theistic believer.

MADONNA - True Blue is the soundtrack of my adolescence. Ray of Light of my adulthood.

Puppy do you ever feel like a fag-hag hanging around these boards.

Nationality: Canadian and American, ethnicity is Jewish (1/8), German (3/8) and Austrian (2/8) with unfortunate helpings of English (1/8) and Scottish (1/8) plus some others back further then Great Grandparents

Sexuality: Blokes

Religion: Practicing Jew

Madonna: Music.

Nationality: Canadian and American, ethnicity is Jewish (1/8), German (3/8) and Austrian (2/8) with unfortunate helpings of English (1/8) and Scottish (1/8) plus some others back further then Great Grandparents

I feel old some days. Most forums seem to be quite well populated by the more flamboyant of gentlemen...

That's offensive. I'm proud to be an Englishman, so don't try and say it's unfortunate, because I am proud to be English.

This isn't me going back to my old ways before anything is said, I just felt offended by part of that post.

That's offensive. I'm proud to be an Englishman, so don't try and say it's unfortunate, because I am proud to be English.

You don't say? Never would have guessed

And yes, that is you going back to your own ways.

Archived