1. starts in Antartica

2. then Punta Arenas, Chile

3. fly to Miami

4. on to Madrid; then to

5. Marrakech

6. Dubai; and end in

7. Sydney, Oz.

That's crazy!!

In Denmark we last year had a woman who run 365 marathon in one year. I still don´t understand how. But of course the speed was slow and not official run, but she ran alone. It was in every Danish media last year.

And yes, it sounds unlikely, and i must admit that I have doubt she tells the truth.

Yeah, but there are issues of jet lag + your body needs to recover. We weren't built to be tricking our circadian rhythms regularly.

Wasn't aware there were these ultra-marathoners.

Link working, you just have to copy and paste it correctly..

Meet the man who plans to run seven marathons in seven days on seven continents

This will be an impressive feat indeed. I think he can pull it off only because he's not necessarily doing it for speed. The tough part almost seems like it will be the travel, as baron noted. Because to recover from one run to the next, you're doing much of that on an airplane. Not exactly the most conducive environment towards gaining your strength back

/\/\ Wow. Fiennes' run is well documented and did his east to west...which makes more sense since it gives you extra hours. (I don't know how this new guy is going to do it, west to east...) Izzard's record seems spotty since it's not mentioned where he actually ran those 43 marathons. (And if you're running alone with your team, no one is actually monitoring you...so one's 'marathons' could be only 7 or 8 miles, and no one would be the wiser. Just saying...

Archived