Sign in to follow this  
Olympic Fan Darcy

Twins come out to their dad.

So this topic is close to my heart as i'm gay but not out and I thought it deserved a thread, especially seeing as we have quite a few gay forum members.

Was scrolling through facebook and came across the video and definitely brought tears to my eyes, it's just under 10 minutes but worth the watch. It's these twins who are both gay and come out to their dad over the phone (and yes they filmed it, some may say fake/attention seeking, I just think it's beautiful).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/these-twins-came-out-to-their-dad-on-the-phone#.nfXZxw4oD

Feel free to discuss anything related if you'd like. Could be a failure of a thread but I thought i'd give it a go.

I watched like a minute of it and called it quits. Austin is the hot one of the two. I just find it a bit unnecessary to post a person's coming out as that is a private matter, but on the upside it does inspire those who aren't out to do so to their parents.

What should be interesting to see if there is any discussion, not just in this thread, about both twins being gay. I've known two pairs of twins, one male and one female, who were both gay. It's not as uncommon as people think, and it's usually identical twins rather than fraternal twins that it mostly happens.

• Like 1

It's not as uncommon as people think, and it's usually identical twins rather than fraternal twins that it mostly happens.

i thought the prevailing theory was that it was something that happened in utero, as opposed to being a gene or anything like that, which would make sense that it would happen to both twins.

I'm Gay and Ive been Open about it since I was 14 back in 2008 my parents has been very supportive of Gay people and they tell me about my year 5 teacher who is Gay they were the only parents who supported him, I was in year 5 in 2004 a real homophobic year in Australia that is when the federal ban on Gay Marriage happen.

Every year it's getting better and better for Gay people in the Western World socially in Australia pretty every one apart from old people and politicians are for Gay Marriage the Liberal Party pollster says that 72% of Australians support Gay Marriage it's going to happen in Australia in late 2017 and early 2018 I believe it will be the law of the land in Australia. The Liberal Party under Tony Abbott is facing a wipe out election at the next election and one of the 1st things that the Bill Shorten government would do is to legalize Gay Marriage when the new Senate takes place in mid 2017.

What should be interesting to see if there is any discussion, not just in this thread, about both twins being gay. I've known two pairs of twins, one male and one female, who were both gay. It's not as uncommon as people think, and it's usually identical twins rather than fraternal twins that it mostly happens.

Yeah I did find that interesting. I've heard quite a few times of gay siblings as well. Just thought the odds of that happening would be quite low.

Great story! I'm sure that having a twin really helped them both in this case, someone that is like you who you can confide in and trust fully.

• Like 1

So this topic is close to my heart as i'm gay

You should ask the islamist terrorists that you seem to understand (yeah how dare people draw cartoons) what they think about your gayness....I'm sure they'd treat you very decently.

Some people love to lick the hand that whips them...

• Like 2

some people give respect to get respect. some people try and be the change they want to see in the world. some people don't hate other people just because they hate them.

but some people aren't french, so.

some people give respect to get respect. some people try and be the change they want to see in the world. some people don't hate other people just because they hate them.

Oh if you wanna bring your support to guys who would hang you if they could, you're free to. If I remember well though, you were admitting not long ago that those cartoons had nothing "hateful' and that freedom of speech also implied criticizing religions and their bad sides. But again you're free to support radical people with a deep hatred for you, by using the same arguments as them. I'm straight, I don't really care...

but some people aren't french, so.

Yeah we're so bad aren't we...

Oh if you wanna bring your support to guys who would hang you if they could, you're free to.

oh well i forgot i was talking to an expert on the subject. how is vichy this time of year?

Yeah I did find that interesting. I've heard quite a few times of gay siblings as well. Just thought the odds of that happening would be quite low.

Depends what you mean by quite low. If 1 in 15 is gay, then there's a 1/225 chance of two siblings being gay. Most people know, or know of, thousands of people. So the chances of any given individual knowing or knowing of gay siblings is not unlikely at all.

AngusLoughran1_203x150.jpg

You should ask the islamist terrorists that you seem to understand (yeah how dare people draw cartoons) what they think about your gayness....I'm sure they'd treat you very decently.

Some people love to lick the hand that whips them...

Oh if you wanna bring your support to guys who would hang you if they could, you're free to. If I remember well though, you were admitting not long ago that those cartoons had nothing "hateful' and that freedom of speech also implied criticizing religions and their bad sides. But again you're free to support radical people with a deep hatred for you, by using the same arguments as them. I'm straight, I don't really care...

Yeah we're so bad aren't we...

Not once did I say I support these radical terrorist. I knew people would put words into my mouth and it just shows how pathetic you are making up ****. Now I would kindly ask you to never post any more of your bullshit in this thread or any thread for that matter. If you have a problem with my views, fine. But don't you dare start saying I support terrorists that murder innocent people.

Depends what you mean by quite low. If 1 in 15 is gay, then there's a 1/225 chance of two siblings being gay. Most people know, or know of, thousands of people. So the chances of any given individual knowing or knowing of gay siblings is not unlikely at all.

AngusLoughran1_203x150.jpg

Is it really 1 in 15? I remember hearing 1 in 20. And I have not personally met gay siblings but I will take your word for it

I had an acquaintance in Vancouver who was an identical twin: he was gay and his brother was straight. Said brother didn't live in BC so I never met him, until their Mum died. I was in the chapel waiting for the memorial service to start when I heard Paul's voice.

Except I turned around and it was like someone had filled lean, muscular, well-groomed Paul with a firehose full of whipped creme. And given him a bad haircut. Looked exactly the same, but so very not gay. :)

I had an acquaintance in Vancouver who was an identical twin: he was gay and his brother was straight. Said brother didn't live in BC so I never met him, until their Mum died. I was in the chapel waiting for the memorial service to start when I heard Paul's voice.

Except I turned around and it was like someone had filled lean, muscular, well-groomed Paul with a firehose full of whipped creme. And given him a bad haircut. Looked exactly the same, but so very not gay. :)

Any chance you have a pic of this lean, muscular, well-groomed Paul? ;)

And are you sure they're medically identified as "identical" twins? The label of Identical twins goes beyond just looking alike. The Olsen twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley, both look identical, but for medical purposes they are not identical twins, but fraternal twins.

But I ran into this study on twins and homosexuality quite possibly disproving that we may not have been "born this way."

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/blog/2013/06/identical-twin-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic/