Tokyo 2020 Logo Comp: Annoucement Ceremony-Ceremonie D'Annonce

Thanks to Nakamoto Kyu for that toe-yapping version of Sukiyaki. And thanks to palette for suggesting it. And thank you Palette and Soyoshi, for hosting our deliberations.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames and Monsieurs, Herr Bach, Welcome back to Yoshi's Island. We've reached back here quicker than I expected. Luckily our graphics guys were ready. And luckily for the people of Nagoya and Tokyo, we've saved countless deaths by satisfying Godzilla by choosing a winning logo in the nick of time and enticing the big lizard to settle down with Soyoshi and family.

We had a super quick resolution to the comp - the first time, I think, that our winner was settled in the second round of final voting. To announce who it was that won the hearts of the majority so quickly, I'd ask Herr Bach to get ready with the envelope. His speech writer was caught a but unprepared, though, so we'll leave the stage-German behind for this one.

Okay, the big moment. The winner is............

Paul!

jfTco5.jpg

FaHGgT.jpg

Congratulations paul, who returned to the comp this year after a hiatus (he almost joined, but then withdrew late last year) to claim his unprecedented fifth title. So well done mate and well deserved. Certainly it was always the one to beat. Thanks for entering.

In the end, the results were:

A (nzl) - 8 votes

B (mr.bernham) - 3 voyes

C (paul) - 17 votes

D (aismanggo) - 2 votes

All votes were valid and the winner crowned by an absolute majority.

So that's it for yet another logo comp. Thanks to all who participated this year, by entering or critiquing or voting. Hope you had fun. And hopefully I'll see you all back again for at least one more.

Congratulations Paul! Thank you Rols for organizing such a great comp and thanks to everyone that liked my renderings and voted for me, it was an honor to create something for you all and an even bigger honor to make it this far and get third place. Thank you all!

Congratulations Paul! Thank you Rols for organizing such a great comp and thanks to everyone that liked my renderings and voted for me, it was an honor to create something for you all and an even bigger honor to make it this far and get third place. Thank you all!

I apologised for the abbreviated announcement (though it's probably a relief for some). I was going to write one up in readiness last night, but ended up going out to visit friends. I found this year I actually have more time to do it when I'm working at this time of the year (it's usually a quiet period). This year both my hubby and i have been on hols, meaning lots of competing claims on time.

Anyway, yeah, well deserved Paul. I really think this is a "classic" logo with dynamism and lots of subtle hints, as you explained, to the rising sun, to Japanese fans and umbrellas. And it had a retro feel that meant it wouldn't have looked out of place (indeed, it would have stood out) next to such logos as Mexico City or Munich's.

Congrats to all the creative finalists and everyone that put a logo up in the comp....lots of amazing and fun stuff to look at!

Many thanks to Mr SIr Rols for putting in the time and effort to run a great show.

Most importantly...THANK YOU to everyone that took time to vote for me and all the entries. I'm excited to have made it all the way in this one and almost made the final with Harbin!

Cheers!

-paul

I'm a bit late to the party, but major accolades to Paul for an amazing logo. Well done and congratulations, sir!

Late congrats to paul B) . I love "TOKYO" in delicate gold.Did you use same red for gif ver.? To my eyes it was vermilion,which is another color to express my country.As long as I see rols' sig,you've won so many comps so far,,,great!

....btw...is that popcorn on Yoshi's island ?

I think they are yoshi's fart :lol: .

@nzl,your good logo was 2nd best to me :);).

@rols,soyoshi says he'd like to appear in every comp at least until 2020.He was always excited every time he saw his figure. and blood had been dripping from his nose until yesterday :lol: .

Archived