Tokyo 2020 Logo Comp - Finals Round 1 Vote

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Logo Comp Final Round 1  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which design should win the GamesBids Tokyo 2020 Logo Comp?

Oh really? Sure could've fooled me. You call me "petty;" and what about you digging up my Youtube remarks so you could mock me -- and claim "you weren't digging dirt" if you didn't have the most deceitful of intentions? Then why else would you post it if not to mock the person? You are as much a liar as you claim I am. It's really best we just steer clear of each other. I really don't know what's wrong with people from NZ.

And here goes the racism again. Why are the one contradicting yourself and pulling "facts" and "general opinions" out of your ass and posting them as truth. As for the youtube comments, your misbehavings there were handed to me on a silver platter when stumbled upon them accidentally, looking to see the video you created on your book, why not post them and let people know more about your character by showing them your comments in an arena where you don't have any kind of reputation to uphold. But, I think we know by now that all your opinions are misguided and incorrect. Just stop, I'm sick of your contradictory arguments.

And about me starting this, I was done with you before you unnecessarily criticised my logo. Can you not stand to see me do well? I think you need to get a life.

I would think the majority disagree with you, but i guess that's how it usually is. I am sure you're used to it.

Well, out of 24 votes cast at this hour, there are 15 votes for the rest, except for A. Just parsing the latest results.

After I said that you were not with the majority of people thinkings, you gave me this response which implies that the 15 people not voting for me probably agreed with your opinion and that you weren't in the minority. You ended saying that you were just voicing the collective opinion, in regards to voting.

. You ended saying that you were just voicing the collective opinion, in regards to voting.

Again, delusional. Where did I say that? When Athens got 66 votes in 1997 to Rome's 41, 2/5ths of the IOC voting body did NOT see fit to go with Athens. Yes, 3/5ths of the voters went with A, but 2/5ths still did not. So 2 out of every 5 voters did not go with the winning city. And that's NOT a legit way of spinning it?? Again, I merely voiced my own opinion as OTHERS have in all these contests. I did NOT presume to speak for others.

OK, it was a petty strike -- but it's only in reply to your other moves in the other thread and renewed personal attacks. Yeah, I carry these things over, as you ought to know by now. Go ahead, diss me again... and this continues.

Again, delusional. Where did I say that? When Athens got 66 votes in 1997 to Rome's 41, 2/5ths of the IOC voting body did NOT see fit to go with Athens. Yes, 3/5ths of the voters went with A, but 2/5ths still did not. So 2 out of every 5 voters did not go with the winning city. And that's NOT a legit way of spinning it?? Again, I merely voiced my own opinion as OTHER have in all these contests. I did NOT presume to speak for others.

No, what you were suggesting is that those who did not vote for my logo thought it was mediocre, arguing that you were not in the minority, that the majority must agree with you. That would be like you stating that you thought, for example, that Rome was too ugly for the games and then saying that 3/5ths of the IOC did not vote for Rome, implying this as proof you were the majority agrees with you. You cannot assume that the people who didn't vote did so for the same reason you did.

Anyway, I think we've both misunderstood each other at some point and should just drop this. It was a cheap shot and I should've left it.

Personally I think NZL's is beautiful.

it is its own style, unique, and relatively uninfluenced by other recent logos. Interesting the only other logo it reminds me of is 64 - which in guessing is deliberate. It's still very Japanese with the fans, and as a result is extremely flexible and would work well in animation and in different contexts.

It's beautiful, but it reminds me of theflag of Japan during WWII meets the 1964 logo. Still I agree, it's very versatile and rather nice.

As you guys may know, I don't post here much. I'm more of a reader. And Baron, I could honestly say you troll so hard. You make snarky comments more than you contribute. And when you contribute, I really do find them wonderful and they really do help me understand aspects of the Olympics even more and that's great. However, when you make snarky comments like the one about the logos, the only thing I could say is HOW DARE YOU?! What gives you the power to make those comments when you yourself don't even TRY to make a logo on par with majority of the submissions. You are not one to talk, when sometimes your submissions are just to take the piss. It's really annoying and I'd just wish you think before you type.

I think all the logos that made it this far are worthy and deserve a lot of credit, many that didn't make it too. It's a lot of work to enter these comps and put your work out to be judged by everyone here, but in the end hopeful it's fun and for me i love making the graphic bits.......i get excited about building something (like the tiny finials on my Tokyo banners ^_^ )..and you do sort of get attached to your logo. Anyway....thanks to those who voted for me so far......it would be really fun if everybody on the site voted........and there were like 1000 votes but that never happens!

p.s. i really though B would get a lot more votes.

As you guys may know, I don't post here much. I'm more of a reader. And Baron, I could honestly say you troll so hard. You make snarky comments more than you contribute. And when you contribute, I really do find them wonderful and they really do help me understand aspects of the Olympics even more and that's great. However, when you make snarky comments like the one about the logos, the only thing I could say is HOW DARE YOU?! What gives you the power to make those comments when you yourself don't even TRY to make a logo on par with majority of the submissions. You are not one to talk, when sometimes your submissions are just to take the piss. It's really annoying and I'd just wish you think before you type.

Anthony, no thanks for your unsolicited advice. If I want your advice, I'll ask for it. This just goes in my "Garbage bin."

Anthony, no thanks for your unsolicited advice. If I want your advice, I'll ask for it. This just goes in my "Garbage bin."

Took you a while to come up with that one, eh? That just let's me know you're totally aware of your trolling.

Archived