Sign in to follow this  
Sir Rols

Tokyo 2020 Logo Comp - Finals Round 1 Vote

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Logo Comp Final Round 1  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which design should win the GamesBids Tokyo 2020 Logo Comp?

FTYoay.jpg

And now it's down to five.

We had a strong voting turnout of 30 members having their say. I discount one vote from barrack's (an own vote), but otherwise all the rest were valid.

The results were:

A (Thatsnotmypuppy) - 8
B (Anthony) - 3
C (nzl) - 15
D (MissEurasia)- 3
E (barrack) - 10 (1 own vote deducted)
F (Mr Bernham) - 11
G (OlympicFanDarcy) - 2
H (Griff) - 3
I (JMarkSnow) - 3
J (DannyelBrazil) - 9
K (Scotguy) - 7
L (baron-pierreIV) - 7

M (Afiqnadzir) - 9

N (woohooitsme83) - 5

O (aismanggo) - 14

P (paul) - 19

Q (Usa2024olympics) - 2

C, E, F, O and P make it through to our short list. Congratulations to our finalists, and commiserations to all who missed the cut - as usual some great ones cut, and some surprise omissions (and sorry woohoo that I gave you the kiss of death - sigh! I still think it deserved to go further).

Okay, down to business. The rules for this stage are:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Wednesday January 13, Sydney time (8pm Jan 12 GMT).
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY now vote for their own logo if they wish.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2014 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds, unless a tie-breaker vote is needed.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

Good luck to our final contenders!

In the meantime, Godzilla has resurfaced in the south and crushed Hiroshima. His last sighting was on the road to Osaka. We lost Pikachu, so only my tie-break by me, or a speedy resolution, stands between Tokyo and destruction.

2YlxqV.jpg

• Like 2

Well B and C kind of cancel each other out. E is nice but a wee bit complicated. Would make a good Tokyo Metro Yamanote Line logo. A is very smart looking but D- D is dynamic.

lol. so much red in the final entries :P

@Sir Rols I don't mind the quick death. I'll just come back stronger next year (I hope)! :)

• Like 2

Missed short list vote :( .

I voted for A by nzl. B)

Thank you guys for the votes on my entry, pity, I didn't reach the final voting.
Congratulations for the finalists who presented interesting designs! I wish all entrants good luck!

Have fun!

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Amazing- all five of my choices from the shortlist round made it through!

This time I'm doing with D by Paul. They're all good - but this is head and shoulders above the rest. Well done.

• Like 1

I'm still struggling to understand why D is so popular?

I like the banners tho

Because in many ways it is elegant and simple.

• Like 1

I'm still struggling to understand why D is so popular?

I like the banners tho

it is its own style, unique, and relatively uninfluenced by other recent logos. Interesting the only other logo it reminds me of is 64 - which in guessing is deliberate. It's still very Japanese with the fans, and as a result is extremely flexible and would work well in animation and in different contexts.

A is so mediocre.

I would think the majority disagree with you, but i guess that's how it usually is. I am sure you're used to it.

​Can you please leave this sh!t out of here.

Well, out of 24 votes cast at this hour, there are 15 votes for the rest, except for A. Just parsing the latest results.

Except would all 15 of those people call my logo mediocre? The largest minority of voters obviously don't think it is mediocre. By your logic all the logos would be mediocre, mine the least so. I don't think you're paraphrasing the "latest" results very well.

I must hurt to have to lie to yourself and others so often. You are very sad.

Except would all 15 of those people call my logo mediocre? The largest minority of voters obviously don't think it is mediocre. By your logic all the logos would be mediocre, mine the least so. I don't think you're paraphrasing the "latest" results very well.

I must hurt to have to lie to yourself and others so often. .

Actually if you want to be honest about it and if Rols corrects stir.ts'vote, A and D would then tie -- as of this hour. I don't have to lie about anything. Why should I?

And if you're talking about my reply to woohoo in the other thread, I realized afterwards that he mistook the emoticons as "jokes" whereas I just consider them as little punctation marks to lighten the comment. Which is why I was puzzled by his accusation -- and that's NOT the first time he did it. So again,as in most electronic communication, it's a matter of semantics. And I did NOT appreciate your jumping on me so rashly and the remarks that followed. Besides, I DON'T owe you anything in that I am required to account to you...or anyone here for that matter.

I am so sick and tired of all the personal and hypocritical attacks here. But I am NOT just going to roll over and die. Nope, that's not me. And my conscience is clear. I did NOT attack you first. You fired the first volley.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Actually if you want to be honest about it and if Rols corrects stir.ts'vote, A and D would then tie -- as of this hour. I don't have to lie.

Yes, sorry for not counting someone who didn't vote correctly. I still find that the equal largest minority, as of this hour, disagree with you for sure, and you have no way of telling if anyone else agrees with your opinion. You are such a petty person, Baron. It's one thing to diss my logo because you have a personal difference with me, it takes another level of moron to pretend they are with the general consensus by misusing facts that are against their opinion. (It takes a Sarah Palin kind of person. Lol.) But seriously, grow up.

Yes, sorry for not counting someone who didn't vote correctly. I still find that the equal largest minority, as of this hour, disagree with you for sure, and you have no way of telling if anyone else agrees with your opinion. You are such a petty person, Baron. It's one thing to diss my logo because you have a personal difference with me, it takes another level of moron to pretend they are with the general consensus by misusing facts that are against their opinion. (It takes a Sarah Palin kind of person. Lol.) But seriously, grow up.

DId I ever say "everyone finds your logo mediocre"? DId I? I just expressed my own opinion -- which I am allowed to since this is an open forum. I never presumed to speak for everyone else. The misinterpretation is your problem. No, seriously, YOU grow up.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

DId I ever say "everyone finds your logo mediocre"? DId I? I just expressed my own opinion -- which I am allowed to since this is an open forum. No, seriously, YOU grow up.

No, you said that my logo was mediocre, I told you to grow up, you told me that you were "just parsing the latest results." You told me you were not voicing your own opinion, you were voicing the general opinion and then gave me your incredulously flawed view of how you gathered the opinion. Now you're trying to claim it back as your own opinion. What is wrong with you?

And if you're talking about my reply to woohoo in the other thread, I realized afterwards that he mistook the emoticons as "jokes" whereas I just consider them as little punctation marks to lighten the comment. Which is why I was puzzled by his accusation -- and that's NOT the first time he did it. So again,as in most electronic communication, it's a matter of semantics. And I did NOT appreciate your jumping on me so rashly and the remarks that followed.

And nothing I said had anything to do with this. You are so disillusioned.

No, you said that my logo was mediocre, I told you to grow up, you told me that you were "just parsing the latest results." You told me you were not voicing your own opinion, you were voicing the general opinion and then gave me your incredulously flawed view of how you gathered the opinion. Now you're trying to claim it back as your own opinion. What is wrong with you?

And nothing I said had anything to do with this. You are so disillusioned.

Oh really? Sure could've fooled me. You call me "petty;" and what about you digging up my Youtube remarks so you could mock me -- and claim "you weren't digging dirt" if you didn't have the most deceitful of intentions? Then why else would you post it if not to mock the person? You are as much a liar as you claim I am. It's really best we just steer clear of each other. I really don't know what's wrong with people from NZ.

Edited by baron-pierreIV