Winning U.S. Olympic Bid City Will Be Printed On a Boarding Pass

On Thursday afternoon at Denver International Airport, the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Board of Directors will determine which city they will nominate to bid for the 2024 Olympic Games, then they’ll board a flight to that city to kick things off. Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington are in the running. In a […]

View the full article

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh.. for that reason alone I'm not happy with this. 2 1/2 more years we have to deal with him.

Very droll

hows the polar vortex looking.........what if they got snowed in? Would Denver get 2022..26?

Pack for Boston, LA, SF and DC. Yeah, I'd definitely have to check a bag.

And, it would be really funny if they actually did print it on a giant boarding pass. It would look like Publisher's Clearing House with the giant check.

Edited by amorincognito

LOL, that's creative. The IOC should do this as well. Meeting up at Geneva or Zürich airport, voting and then straight to boarding to wherever...

Would save a lot of money I guess instead of all those sessions in Kuala Lumpur, Lima etc.

LOL, that's creative. The IOC should do this as well. Meeting up at Geneva or Zürich airport, voting and then straight to boarding to wherever...

Would save a lot of money I guess instead of all those sessions in Kuala Lumpur, Lima etc.

That really would and imagine the joy and excitement of the cities when the IOC lands in their city.

The whole point is to get coupled with the news from Lausanne on Friday that the Invitational Phase for 2024 has begun. That's why and how this is being staged this way. So, in other words, get imprinted in the IOC members' minds as the FIRST interested city for 2024. But with all the news from France though, it may just get shuffled to the back pages.

The whole point is to get coupled with the news from Lausanne on Friday that the Invitational Phase for 2024 has begun. That's why and how this is being staged this way. So, in other words, get imprinted in the IOC members' minds as the FIRST interested city for 2024. But with all the news from France though, it may just get shuffled to the back pages.

Is that going to make a difference 2 1/2 years now though? I mean.. when the IOC convenes in 2017, will they even remember the who declared their intentions when?

Is there going to be a live stream of the announcement?

Considering the manner in which it's being announced, it seems like probably not. But don't hold me to that. Would be nice if there's something rather than sitting on Twitter waiting to see an update

BOSTON! Follow

BREAKING: The USOC selects #Boston2024 as U.S. bid to host the 2024 Olympic & Paralympic Games http://bit.ly/Boston2024

Retweet
Favorite
More
B63VJaPCAAAj-JJ.jpg
3:29 PM - 8 Jan 2015