Je suis charlie

Henry Kissinger's latest scribe...World Order - Reflections on the Character of Nations and the Course of History ironically explains the situation that the world has fallen into today including events that have taken place in Paris.

A reminder that the "Western" name comes from The Peace of Westphalia agreement that happened four hundred odd years ago...This agreement allowed the fundamental way of life that most civilised nations now live by AND also shows those who simply cannot cope with the idea of free thinking and freedom of expression. And yes those "difficult" nations and ideologies that feature in all the news cycles of recent times are talked about in this book that is rather chilling in it's predictions for the future.

Personally I find Henry Kissinger a rather difficult drink to swallow but his mind and thinking needs to be respected.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHO's making jokes and sarcasm? What are you talking about? I'm the one condemning the MURDERS and other sanctimonious pricks here are picking on me instead. WHERE AM I MAKING JOKES in this thread?

You just have a herd mentality like the other retards here.

I was assuming seeing how you've used " :rolleyes: and :lol: " quite a bit. The tone and vibe that I felt while reading also rubbed off some troll-ish residue. I'm really not sure and utterly confused now at this point.

WHO's making jokes and sarcasm? What are you talking about? I'm the one condemning the MURDERS and other sanctimonious pricks here are picking on me instead. WHERE AM I MAKING JOKES in this thread?

You just have a herd mentality like the other retards here.

I was assuming seeing how you've used " :rolleyes: and :lol: " quite a bit. The tone and vibe that I felt while reading also rubbed off some troll-ish residue. I'm really not sure and utterly confused now at this point.

^^ We don't respect him at all here, specially after he supported and helped so many bloodthirsty dictatorships in Latin America behind the shadows. He also said Bangladesh wouldn't become free from Pakistan and guess what happened. And I also find Kissinger writings hard to swallow to be honest.

What is annoying me the most is that, as I feared, the french ultraright movement led by Le Pen is already trying to make use of this tragedy for their political interest and to justify putting a ultranationalistic governmnt in France (they just mentioned Death penalty should be reinstated again)

woo, we've been down this road before. You KEEP accusing me of soooooooooooo mannnnnnnyyy INVENTED and IMAGINED things. I utterly resent that. I'm putting you on my IGNORE list. It's best you and I just ignore each other.

Because certain idiots and hypocrites (Mr. Bernham, zekelso, Victor Mata, LatinTX) were more interested in NOT hearing others' views, no matter how extreme, rather than feeling for the tragedy of the moment. It seemed highly ironic that here is the world reeling from another attempt at shutting down freedom of speech...yet right here in GamesBids, which is followed by quite a bit of people, with liberal leanings, were MORE INTENT in silencing me rather than condemning the REAL ACT of bloody MASS MURDER.

What fellow-posters here on GB did, as most of the time with me and Tony, is EXACTLY what the Islamic extremists want to do -- shutting down freedom of expression which is neither slanderous or libelous. Yet, these self-righteous, sanctimonious posters here DON'T see the high irony of their actions. :rolleyes:

Yup, least of all you. Look in the mirror, hypocrite! :lol: Such an ignorant twat!!

Another presumptuous, toadie fool.

So he "INVENTED" and "IMAGINED" the emoji in these post? I can't believe you...

Just stay out of it. It's not any of your business.

Just stay out of it? What about my freedom of expression? :rolleyes:

Do you see the irony of that or...

Do you want to get into my IGNORE list as well?

I wouldn't care either way. :D

If they have such an issue with the amount of freedom of speech that the press has that it angers them so much to massacre a group, then they are the ones who need to pick up and leave and move to a more Islam-friendly country.

This might be the stupidest thing i've ever read. So do you also believe that If you don't like racism just leave that country?? If you don't being treated unfairly because you're a woman then you should just leave that country??

well thank god we don't live under your reign of terror.

satire is an important part of freedom of speech, and we're privileged to enjoy it. plenty of other people in the world can't say the same thing.

i may suffer under an incompetent government and a spy agency monitoring my every move but at least there's nobody telling me who i can and cannot make fun of. and that, often times, can be more powerful than even the most persuasive argument. have i taught you nothing??

I did not say it is illegal and I did not say it should be illegal. But you shouldn't go posting comics about a religious figure with bombs implying well. Take from that comic what you want.

Funny, why don't you condemn the editorial staff of Charlie Hebdo because they were exactly practicing the same thing you're curtaling me, and got killed for it. I have reported you too. Are you training for Sharia law, you 1st-class hypocrite?

Actually I did say they did the wrong thing...

However I don't think it is ok for a magazine to publish such awful things about a religion. Publishing a comic of the prophet with a bomb under his shirt is not ok.

Krow, Latin, Sir Rols (i'm including you because you liked Krows post). So you're ok with Charlie Hebdo posting awful things about Islam. So does that mean you are all ok with Barons posts? I mean his are a bit more extreme, calling for them to be eradicated. But that magazine published a comic showing their prophet with a bomb implying that Muslims bomb people for their religion.

Cool. They shouldn't post those comics either... Simple.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to you -- but TOO BAD, CH is going to continue doing exactly what they did -- and with MORE support this time ..regardless of who they lampoon. You DON'T have to buy their stuff ya know. Or is that concept alien to you as well?? I really don't care to hear your answer one way or another.

I think it is undignified that we start such flame wars when people have been murdered - bad enough that the world is full of hatred currently, but this forum really should refrain from spreading any further hatred and bile. Additionally, I find it sad that one person or several people here think it's necessary to lock down a whole thread just because one or several members made aggressive comments here. Sanction the members concerned, but not all others who were interested in simply sharing their thoughts and discussing constructively about the events in Paris.

Meanwhile, while you were flinging mud against each other, guys: We now have a double hostage crisis in Paris, it seems as if the three terrorists who committed the attack against Charlie Hebdo have taken hostages in a factory and a Jewish shop in and around Paris.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115

Cool. They shouldn't post those comics either... Simple.

You know what, I used to agree with that. Or at least used to think that whilst nothing should be banned, the publishing of certain cartoons didn't refelct very well on the artist.

Under normal circumstances, pubshing a stupid picture of the Prophet just to provoke and get news headlines is the definition of trolling, especially if the political point being made is flimsy. I've always had time for good art (I think Jerry Springing the Opera is bloody fantastic for example), but some things you'd look at and think, there's no substance behind this, it's just trolling.

Under normal circumstances, choosing what not to write or draw is part of what makes good artists good artists, and the best satire isn't always the most controversial or offensive.

But it's pretty clear we're not in normal circumstances anymore. I now think these cartoons should be published as widely as possible. I would never normally be the sort of person to post a picture just to provoke, but things have gone way too far to worry about who is and isn't offended by this. There's more at stake

#jesuischarlie

I understand your point rob and agree we shouldn't have to live in fear of violence.

But the problem is, we are living in violent times. World wars and conflicts between nations may not be at a high but these lone wolf terrorists and ISIL wannabes are. These terrorists won't stop and they can't all be caught. It is an awful, awful world we live in.

I did not say it is illegal and I did not say it should be illegal. But you shouldn't go posting comics about a religious figure with bombs implying well. Take from that comic what you want.

The problem is that the codifier of Islam genuinely was a military leader who conducted a campaign of conquest and encouraged his deputies to do likewise. That's the sort of behaviour that is going to get you satirised, sooner or later (indeed, it's one reason why rulers often employed court jesters, to give them perspective on their own actions).

The problem is that the codifier of Islam genuinely was a military leader who conducted a campaign of conquest and encouraged his deputies to do likewise. That's the sort of behaviour that is going to get you satirised, sooner or later (indeed, it's one reason why rulers often employed court jesters, to give them perspective on their own actions).

I was going to "like" your post, JMark...but I have expended my "Likes" for the day. And people accuse me of being a hate-monger when I have already exhausted all my "likes." Some posters here are truly double-faced gargoyles.

^^ He must have to justify things to himself often because if he thinks liking as many comments that share his (closeminded) opinions is sharing "the love" and being kind then he's actually crazy.

*as many comments as he can that...

Banning all forms of religious satire would only let the terrorist win.

I think it is undignified that we start such flame wars when people have been murdered - bad enough that the world is full of hatred currently, but this forum really should refrain from spreading any further hatred and bile. Additionally, I find it sad that one person or several people here think it's necessary to lock down a whole thread just because one or several members made aggressive comments here. Sanction the members concerned, but not all others who were interested in simply sharing their thoughts and discussing constructively about the events in Paris.

Meanwhile, while you were flinging mud against each other, guys: We now have a double hostage crisis in Paris, it seems as if the three terrorists who committed the attack against Charlie Hebdo have taken hostages in a factory and a Jewish shop in and around Paris.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115

I am truly horrified. The people of Paris are in my thoughts and the perpetrators of these crimes must be put to justice.

Archived