Je suis charlie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was the original thread locked?

Because certain idiots and hypocrites (Mr. Bernham, zekelso, Victor Mata, LatinTX) were more interested in NOT hearing others' views, no matter how extreme, rather than feeling for the tragedy of the moment. It seemed highly ironic that here is the world reeling from another attempt at shutting down freedom of speech...yet right here in GamesBids, which is followed by quite a bit of people, with liberal leanings, were MORE INTENT in silencing me rather than condemning the REAL ACT of bloody MASS MURDER.

What fellow-posters here on GB did, as most of the time with me and Tony, is EXACTLY what the Islamic extremists want to do -- shutting down freedom of expression which is neither slanderous or libelous. Yet, these self-righteous, sanctimonious posters here DON'T see the high irony of their actions. :rolleyes:

Very Very emotional issue this... :(

Lets just keep a fair and balanced view out there.

Yes this IS an attack on one of the fundamental pillars of the Western way of life...The right of expression and free speech.

Baron, the problem isn't that you're rocking people with some ground breaking opinion-it's more that you demonstrate (time and time again) that you're uneducated and unhinged. Nobody likes to be lectured at by a crazy person.

U goon. don't U see it's my RIGHT to post whatever i want whether U like it or not. U are just like ur favorite CULT U love so much.

BE GONE FOOL. what do U know anyway?? :rolleyes:

Because certain idiots and hypocrites (Mr. Bernham, zekelso, Victor Mata, LatinTX) were more interested in NOT hearing others' views, no matter how extreme, rather than feeling for the tragedy of the moment. It seemed highly ironic that here is the world reeling from another attempt at shutting down freedom of speech...yet right here in GamesBids, which is followed by quite a bit of people, with liberal leanings, were MORE INTENT in silencing me rather than condemning the REAL ACT of bloody MASS MURDER.

What fellow-posters here on GB did, as most of the time with me and Tony, is EXACTLY what the Islamic extremists want to do -- shutting down freedom of expression which is neither slanderous or libelous. Yet, these self-righteous, sanctimonious posters here DON'T see the high irony of their actions. :rolleyes:

Baron, what you call "Freedom of Expression" is more commonly known in all developed nations as hate speech. It is those types of words and ignorant beliefs that have brought upon the death of millions of people throughout human history, including those 12 people in Paris. You are right in that you are free to express your thoughts, but that does not mean you are free from criticism.

Baron, the problem isn't that you're rocking people with some ground breaking opinion-it's more that you demonstrate (time and time again) that you're uneducated and unhinged. Nobody likes to be lectured at by a crazy person.

Yup, least of all you. Look in the mirror, hypocrite! :lol: Such an ignorant twat!!

Baron, what you call "Freedom of Expression" is more commonly known in all developed nations as hate speech. It is those types of words and ignorant beliefs that have brought upon the death of millions of people throughout human history, including those 12 people in Paris. You are right in that you are free to express your thoughts, but that does not mean you are free from criticism.

Another presumptuous, toadie fool.

I'm sure people will try to paint this in a bad way. I condemn the actions done by these awful terrorists. It is not ok to murder.

However, I'm not liking the way the trend is going with freedom of speech. I've heard different things from different sources saying the magazine published some awful cartoons towards Muslims, Catholics etc.

I understand people don't want their freedom of speech restricted. However I don't think it is ok for a magazine to publish such awful things about a religion. Publishing a comic of the prophet with a bomb under his shirt is not ok.And Baron I do not think you should be allowed to say abhorrent things towards Muslims. I don't care if it is your freedom of speech or opinion. We have Muslim members on these forums who condone the actions of terrorists. If you continue to post your islamophobic gibberish I will report you and continue to until you stop or are forced to stop.

I'm sure people will try to paint this in a bad way. I condemn the actions done by these awful terrorists. It is not ok to murder.

However, I'm not liking the way the trend is going with freedom of speech. I've heard different things from different sources saying the magazine published some awful cartoons towards Muslims, Catholics etc.

I understand people don't want their freedom of speech restricted. However I don't think it is ok for a magazine to publish such awful things about a religion. Publishing a comic of the prophet with a bomb under his shirt is not ok.

Laws vary from country to country. Here in the US, it's not illegal to do so, but most, if not all, newspapers and magazines would never publish that to avoid any backlash. In an Islam-run country, of course it's certainly illegal to publish such a cartoon, and that is the law. But in France it is not illegal to publish it, and those involved in the shooting had no business of retaliating that way. If they have such an issue with the amount of freedom of speech that the press has that it angers them so much to massacre a group, then they are the ones who need to pick up and leave and move to a more Islam-friendly country.

I understand people don't want their freedom of speech restricted. However I don't think it is ok for a magazine to publish such awful things about a religion. Publishing a comic of the prophet with a bomb under his shirt is not ok.And Baron I do not think you should be allowed to say abhorrent things towards Muslims. I don't care if it is your freedom of speech or opinion. We have Muslim members on these forums who condone the actions of terrorists. If you continue to post your islamophobic gibberish I will report you and continue to until you stop or are forced to stop.

well thank god we don't live under your reign of terror.

satire is an important part of freedom of speech, and we're privileged to enjoy it. plenty of other people in the world can't say the same thing.

i may suffer under an incompetent government and a spy agency monitoring my every move but at least there's nobody telling me who i can and cannot make fun of. and that, often times, can be more powerful than even the most persuasive argument. have i taught you nothing??

I don't think this is really the right time to be making jokes and pushing sarcasm around, Baron. There is a time and place for everything.

WHO's making jokes and sarcasm? What are you talking about? I'm the one condemning the MURDERS and other sanctimonious pricks here are picking on me instead. WHERE AM I MAKING JOKES in this thread?

You just have a herd mentality like the other retards here.

. I don't care if it is your freedom of speech or opinion. We have Muslim members on these forums who condone the actions of terrorists. If you continue to post your islamophobic gibberish I will report you and continue to until you stop or are forced to stop.

Funny, why don't you condemn the editorial staff of Charlie Hebdo because they were exactly practicing the same thing you're curtaling me, and got killed for it. I have reported you too. Are you training for Sharia law, you 1st-class hypocrite?

^^ I'm so sorry, buuuuuut when I see someone calling everyone a retarded here like you just did and acting like a blatant racist who started to talk about exterminating Islam, I really can't feel respect for you anymore. And which is worse, we're trying to have a cordial discussion and you have to keep ruining it for everyone with your goddamn drama.

An advise. Calm the **** down before writing a comment. That will avoid you sooo many problems in the future.

^^ I'm so sorry, buuuuuut when I see someone calling everyone a retarded here like you just did and acting like a blatant racist who started to talk about exterminating Islam, I really can't feel respect for you anymore. And which is worse, we're trying to have a cordial discussion and you have to keep ruining it for everyone with your goddamn drama.

An advise. Calm the **** down before writing a comment. That will avoid you sooo many problems in the future.

Well, how do you expect me to react? U're all attacking me - so why shouldn't I fight back? You know that. And I'm NOT going to apologize for not seeing things your way. I am not you; and you aren't me. I DON'T attack any of you until you attack me. You all don't know what it is like living with muslims. Perhaps you will find out the hard way soon.

Archived