2022 Bid Books?

ktoles

Beijing has released their candidature file on their English website.

http://www.beijing-2022.cn/a/20150112/046255.htm

In reviewing it this morning, it's not a bad book. Does a solid job in explaining itself and its venues, but it almost feels like they're coasting a little bit. I'm not saying they don't have reason to and it's almost certainly going to be a overwhelming win but something is lacking. Overall a solid effort though.

Haha! It's a decent bid book. Not the best one I've ever seen but certainly better than anything Pyeongchang has ever put out. I still think Sochi's 2014 bid book is my all time favourite winter bid book with London 2012, NYC 2012 and Paris 2012 being my favourite winter bid books!

That said Beijing certainly didn't hurt themselves with this file, but I also don't think they really did anything to enhance themselves. I'm actually kind of preferential to Almaty's file because it's just a solid overall bid, but that being said, I think the IOC is going to go with the devil they know.

Haha! It's a decent bid book. Not the best one I've ever seen but certainly better than anything Pyeongchang has ever put out. I still think Sochi's 2014 bid book is my all time favourite winter bid book with London 2012, NYC 2012 and Paris 2012 being my favourite winter bid books!

That said Beijing certainly didn't hurt themselves with this file, but I also don't think they really did anything to enhance themselves. I'm actually kind of preferential to Almaty's file because it's just a solid overall bid, but that being said, I think the IOC is going to go with the devil they know.

Oops, meant to say London, Paris and NYC as my favourite summer bid books!

Oops, meant to say London, Paris and NYC as my favourite summer bid books!

I take it back, I've read over Beijing's bid book more thoroughly and when I look at it, I think Beijing probably does have a more solid bid. They've obviously got venues that they can use from 2008 and will ensure that everything runs smoothly. This is not to say Almaty wouldn't do well, but I think it's just a better and safer overall choice. Not exactly what I would call a ringing endorsement.

Archived